starting strength gym
Page 644 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 14454459463464264364464564665469474411441644 ... LastLast
Results 6,431 to 6,440 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    When the fools that voted for these representatives wise up and throw them out and replace them with people that will take action.
    And who exactly voted in our FBI agents?
    Or our army of federal and state Chief Diversity Officers who all make six figures pushing racism and communism?

Who voted to stop enforcing immigration laws?

Did the Californians of the 1970/80s who elected Nixon and Reagan vote for their children to be hounded by the police state, robbed and removed from their birth-land?

Quote Originally Posted by Drewcar View Post
    Furthermore, arson has always been a big ignition source in wildland fires, and the firebugs always show up for 99th+ percentile fire weather. What made this different was early east winds, and already hot, bone dry weather.
    We have had extreme weather years in the past. If it is random:
    Why this year?
    Why not in Canada?
    Why is it not severe in all of the other western states that have had the same weather?
    Is it merely a coincidence when people with ties to AntiFa get arrested for arson?
    Why are the fires being started primarily on rural sections of the major interstates rather than in a canyon adjacent to major metropolitan areas, like we have seen in the past?

There may be answers to all of the questions, but coordinated arson is by far the most likely and rational explanation for those questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Witchcraft. The Age of Witchcraft in [Market-Ticker]

This is a great rant. Sweden is discussed. Remind me, who was the moron who posted a couple of weeks ago about how Sweden was a disaster area?
    ]
    Ah, the HTML guy. I like that guy. Sweden is the thorn in everyone’s side. A scientist guy back in my place ran a column a couple of weeks ago saying the Swedes were intentionally pumping their elders full of morphine in order to keep them off the lacking ventilators. It was really childish, shows you how far the mainstream has stopped in such a short time.
    That Tengell cat or whatever his name is, he deserves a Nobel prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    When the fools that voted for these representatives wise up and throw them out and replace them with people that will take action.
    Through a historical lens this is, at best, optimistic.

IMHO the better response to Kitsuma's question is, when the clean people pick themselves up and remove themselves from the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Tim Kennedy doesn’t bullshit. He’s been active special forces for almost two decades and the guys who work for JSOC are privileged to the highest levels of intel on enemy operations. He’s also talking about China, not just Russia.

It’s widely known that Russia did shady shit during the 2016 election and that’s not to say they propagated a trump win, but their goal is to create discord in our society. Why would they stop now, when they’ve been doing this for decades? They play both sides. It’s also widely known that gays were persecuted in Russia, so I don’t understand why you’re in denial about that.

I also linked this podcast because he’s a hardcore libertarian and many of the people on these boards would find this a very enjoyable 3 hours of listening.
    Soule, you're a very clear-minded person, so I think you can see how your rhetoric here is weak: all you're doing is repeating that Kennedy's credentials and experience make his poorly-supported conclusions more credible.

The persecution of gays part by Kennedy is laughable because, again, it's our allies the Middle Easterners who throw gays off rooftops, not Russians (or even the Chinese?). Debate the value of Russia's steps to limit homosexual propagana all you want, Mr. Tim Kennedy, but use an actual instance of Russian persecution if you want people to take you seriously.

The 2016 election interference?? There were many legal avenues pursued and articles written on this, and, as I recall, no widely known conclusions.

Can people refresh me on what Russia has been doing to create discord in our society for decades? I am younger than many of you, but have studied Russian since I was 15, in 1999, and it seems to me that the anti-Russian tropes started popping up in our society after the incident in Georgia in 2008.

I *still* insist that Russia can be a "bad" country but relatively "better" than many of our current "allies," and by the way religiously and culturally more similar to us, too. It's just so bewildering that on a common-sense level Russia is a stronger and more logical ally, yet isn't because....well, why? In whose interest is it to keep us two White, Christian countries as foes?

But who cares about all that, as I said? Sure, Russia can be your boogeyman; have at her. But Kennedy's opinions on Russia's involvement in the BLM and AntiFa riots are BS too, because, as I wrote before: his hackeneyed tossing of gays from rooftops is at best an honest mix-up of Saudia Arabia's traditions against gays with Russia's, and his attribution of Russian mischief to BOTH SIDES of our cultural divide is incredulously idiotic, given that these mythcal, mysterious Russian agents have not yet infiltrated and turned violent a SINGLE "Conservative" cause's protest.

Let's just see him for who he is: Kennedy is an elected Democrat desperate to cast blame AWAY from Antifa and BLM, towards an external, universally-despised source. Because if the part of our country that really does hate America that is taking part in these riots were identified and punished, it would spell political disaster for his party.

OK, OK, maybe Kennedy's goals aren't this insidious, but who here can say they WEREN'T surprised to see a "D" after his name!? And how convenient that once the "White Supremacists infiltration" meme failed (where did THAT sneak away to, so quickly?), the Russians were there to explain away all of BLM and Antifa's naughty behavior!

An anecdotal story as to why I think racism was worse in the past then it is in the present:

In the mid seventies I was an entry level Boy Scout. 7th 8th grade? I lived in upstate NY which is defined as any distance north of NYC. Suffern NY ,suburban/and rural back then.

On one-weekend camping trip (which I always loved) we were to be instructed in ax handling. Per usual, the older scouts did the instruction, and the adult supervisors would stay as far away as reasonable and drink beer.

We learned safety etc and then we were told to make stakes as a proficiency exercise. We were a bunch of rowdy wild kids but it seemed like a good combination of fun and serious and not hysterically dangerous.

Eventually we were required to hammer the stakes into the ground, strip the only black kid naked and tie him face up in the sun. Of course we did it because we were cowards. The victim was in our age group. We all knew him for years. A bit of a big mouth, but a good all around guy and a good guy to have on your side. Not one of us protested, reported to the adults, or apologized to the victim.

He basically laughed it off after he was freed two hours later. While my own cowardice still haunts me, I'm sure now, as then, that my friend knew he had it coming to him and that not one white kid would ever tolerate it. Nor would anyone help him.

What's the point? This was accepted in 1975. Anyone here think racism is worse today?

Looks we have Donald on board for a 4 hour debate against Biden with joe rogan as moderator.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...rump-debate%2F

What we will not have is Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    We have had extreme weather years in the past. If it is random:
    Why this year?
    Why not in Canada?
    Why is it not severe in all of the other western states that have had the same weather?
    Is it merely a coincidence when people with ties to AntiFa get arrested for arson?
    Why are the fires being started primarily on rural sections of the major interstates rather than in a canyon adjacent to major metropolitan areas, like we have seen in the past?

There may be answers to all of the questions, but coordinated arson is by far the most likely and rational explanation for those questions.
    I guess you know better than the fire prevention bureau. They can take months to determine the cause of a fire.

Regarding what made this unique .... vapor pressure deficit (the ability for the atmosphere to extract moisture) exceeded a 40 year high across most of the West. This was coupled with classic East winds that warm and dry as they push east to west, and super hot temperatures.

I can only speak with confidence regarding ignitions in California, where we had 11,000 ground strikes in mid August. This stretched resources to the extent that many fires were not fully contained when the weather hit. Once the wind came, it was off to the races, with single fires chewing up 100k+ acres in a day.

I have no idea whether Oregon had the same lightning holdover issues. Maybe the wind caused trees to take out powerlines, which has been a huge problem as of late. Maybe Antifa did do it? I don’t know, and you certainly don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Looks we have Donald on board for a 4 hour debate against Biden with joe rogan as moderator.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...rump-debate%2F
    Can't vote, but I would watch the shit out of that.

starting strength coach development program
    True, sadly. That would be 4 hours of pure entertainment.