starting strength gym
Page 645 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 14554559563564364464564664765569574511451645 ... LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,450 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post

I'm sure now, as then, that my friend knew he had it coming to him and that not one white kid would ever tolerate it. Nor would anyone help him.
    What do you mean they wouldn't either tolerate it or help him? Isn't not helping him basically tolerating it?

Or do you mean they wouldn't tolerate if they had been the victim?

Just trying to clarify. Either way, chilling story, and a reminder that despite the precariousness of the present climate, it is possible for us to get better.

It is also possible for us to get worse, and that is a consequence that has been studiously ignored by the media who feed us a steady diet of racial assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    The FBI has years of experience with Antifa. In fact, our government has prepared an excellent guide for our FBI to study regarding the tactics of insurgency: US Government Counterinsurgency Guide - 2009

Perhaps this local FBI office is pretending to fail?

For what it's worth, these are the tactics our government has used in other countries to bring about regime change. Makes one wonder if rogue elements of our own government is behind this???
    Very interesting thank you for the info. I wouldn’t doubt anything at this point!

He’s talking about Tim Kennedy the NY state senator, lol. Clearly he’s talking out of his ass and didn’t listen to the podcast before commenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    What do you mean they wouldn't either tolerate it or help him? Isn't not helping him basically tolerating it?

Or do you mean they wouldn't tolerate if they had been the victim?

Just trying to clarify. Either way, chilling story, and a reminder that despite the precariousness of the present climate, it is possible for us to get better.
    I mean that no one would help him. That we all accepted it as ”normal”. We were racist, cowards, or both. Not uncommon through history.

Other than the facts of the event, I'm speculating that we were more racist in 1975 then 2020 and more tolerant of racism. I lived in a moderate and liberal part of the country, other parts were far worse.

Could you imagine the news play if that happens today?

Yep. And also it’s possible for the media and left to tell us we’ve never improved, which is clearly a lie. I grew up in the south in the late 60s-80s. I don’t think any scout troop I was in would ever do that because of race, but they would do it as general bullying (to anyone.)

But I played sports with quite a few black kids that were my teammates and friends. We went to dinners and banquets as a team and did not naturally segregate because we were all teammates. I don’t understate the importance of this, from peewee football up, in terms of developing relationships not based on race. I don’t think we are seeing that today.

I don’t doubt that shit happened, but we’ve made progress as a collective society from that.

Unless you listen to MSM, then you learn we haven’t and everything must be burned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It is also possible for us to get worse, and that is a consequence that has been studiously ignored by the media who feed us a steady diet of racial assault.
    Or, it occurs to me, it's taking advantage of the fact that people fear the accusation of racism more than the concepts. For example extreme leftists can continue practicing their bastard version of racism as long as they wear the anti-racism flags. And moderates who reject racism are declared racist, and mostly hide inside.

Such a strategy could make things worse for sure.

I tend to avoid Drudge Report except at election time and have noticed this cycle that he seems to have more [prominent] "anti-" Trump links on his site. Has anyone else observed this, too? And does anyone know the reasons behind the change in presentation and motivations? We've got the entirety of the MSM, political institutions, and academia to feed us TDS and it'd be sad to lose Drudge Report to that tendency, as well.

Drudge has been gone for a year. I haven't opened it once since January. Instapundit, Citizen Free Press, Bongino, and Rantingly fill the void nicely.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewcar View Post
    I guess you know better than the fire prevention bureau. They can take months to determine the cause of a fire.
    Regarding what made this unique .... vapor pressure deficit (the ability for the atmosphere to extract moisture) exceeded a 40 year high across most of the West. This was coupled with classic East winds that warm and dry as they push east to west, and super hot temperatures.
    I can only speak with confidence regarding ignitions in California, where we had 11,000 ground strikes in mid August. This stretched resources to the extent that many fires were not fully contained when the weather hit. Once the wind came, it was off to the races, with single fires chewing up 100k+ acres in a day.
    I have no idea whether Oregon had the same lightning holdover issues. Maybe the wind caused trees to take out owerlines, which has been a huge problem as of late. Maybe Antifa did do it? I don’t know, and you certainly don’t.
    It doesn't take months to determine the cause of a fire when people are caught intentionally lighting the fire.

You seem to really really really want to believe that this could not have been intentional or coordinated or committed by the marxists. If you want to believe 2+2 = 5 badly enough, no amount of evidence will convince you otherwise.

Antifa members arrested for starting fires:
    Antifa and 'Black Lives Matter' Blamed for Fires in Montana, Idaho, California, Oregon - Montana Daily Gazette

Antifa/BLM funding and organizing:
    Report: BLM co-founder lobbying wing funded by pro-Communist China group

The DHS believes Antifa/BLM is a coordinated and organized uprising:
    BREAKING: DHS leaked email confirms Antifa is an organized group | The Post Millennial

Arson in California: 9 fires in barely an hour in Ukiah; $1 million bail for suspect

We have two facts:
    1. Antifa/BLM are well funded and highly organized
    2. Multiple people affiliated with Antifa/BLM have been arrested for arson after evidence strongly suggests they started a fire or they have been caught intentionally starting fires (In some cases, multiple fires in multiple different geographic locations).

I believe 2+2=4