starting strength gym
Page 656 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 15655660664665465565665765866670675611561656 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,560 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Vitamin D is considered a promising treatment, with large RCTs underway. So far, the only complete RCT yields an odds ratio for ICU admittance of 0.03. (That is, 13/26 in the control group admitted to ICU, compared to 1/50 in the high-calcifediol group.)
    That is actually a promising-looking study. Treatment of confirmed infection with vitamin D, however, is different from prevention of initial infection by using vitamin D, which is what the other study was looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by ForbiddenDonut View Post
    This is the type of naive drivel that has gotten this country to where it is today. Cuckservative BS.
    Good comment.

It would turn out just like our China trade deals from ~1972-2016.

Leftists don't care about honour, fairness or negotiating in good faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cavazos View Post
    Y'all are no fun. It's clown world now. Republican governors continue to lock down their states and enforce mask mandates, and the "conservative" SCOTUS judges (the kind you're fighting for now) continue to disappoint. The height of conservative political virtue is to ram through another John Roberts onto a court that will be packed to 13 seats anyway when Democrats come back into power? Why not have some fun watching Trump roll the "Pelosi picks the replacement BUT birthright citizenship is ended by statute" grenade across the table?
    So basically, conservatives are progressives driving the speed limit.

Yes, we know.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    ... But I doubt it will reduce your risk of getting coronavirus very much (and your risk should already be very low if you are careful and paying attention).
    I have yet to see a convincing argument as to why it is in the best interest of society for otherwise healthy people to avoid exposure to COVID-19.

And yes, obviously, correlation does not equal causation.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    I have yet to see a convincing argument as to why it is in the best interest of society for otherwise healthy people to avoid exposure to COVID-19.
    I have yet to see this perfectly logical question asked.

There is an argument that the same number of total people will die (healthy people quarantine or not) just spread over a longer period , which helps the medical industry manage which benefits society. Aka flatten the curve.

True or not, it is really the best argument for how we acted and are acting. I think personally it is a catastrophic mistake, but its an argument I can understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    There is an argument that the same number of total people will die (healthy people quarantine or not) just spread over a longer period , which helps the medical industry manage which benefits society. Aka flatten the curve.

True or not, it is really the best argument for how we acted and are acting. I think personally it is a catastrophic mistake, but its an argument I can understand.
    Imagine if we were at war and our troops were on the front lines with a "worthy" adversary. Said enemy has a stronghold outside a very large city of ours predominately filled with those aged 75+. Initial estimates, which will later be revised lower, put deaths at 1-2% and casualties as high as 6% regardless of what we do.

We have a choice:

• Starve the enemy by shutting down the entire economy. We starve ourselves too, but the enemy dies... Until enemy reinforcements come.

Give the troops who signed up for the task the equipment and supplies needed to do their jobs and let them go to work.

It's rare in battle when destroying your own empire to fight an enemy is seen as a logically sound idea.

I’ve got two that I’ve personally heard:

1. Because of the nature of this thing (which is dependent on who you ask, what resource you reference, your political bent, and your level of personal risk tolerance and trust in the pharmaceutical and medical establishments and government) even though you’re healthy does not mean you won’t get sick and/or die (which is dependent on your understanding of how statistics and data gathering and analysis works, i.e., how seriously you extrapolate out the consequences of anecdotal reports of outlier situations).

2. Because of the nature of this thing (see above) even though you are healthy does not mean you will not pass it on to someone else and he will get sick and/or die (see above).

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    A Supercomputer'''s Covid-19 Analysis Yields a New Way to Understand the Virus | Elemental

“Several, like danazol, stanozolol, and ecallantide, reduce bradykinin production and could potentially stop a deadly bradykinin storm.”
    I think this one slipped through the cracks here. It deserves another look as it may explain the Vitamin D connection.
    According to the team’s findings, a Covid-19 infection generally begins when the virus enters the body through ACE2 receptors in the nose, (The receptors, which the virus is known to target, are abundant there.) The virus then proceeds through the body, entering cells in other places where ACE2 is also present: the intestines, kidneys, and heart. This likely accounts for at least some of the disease’s cardiac and GI symptoms.

But once Covid-19 has established itself in the body, things start to get really interesting. According to Jacobson’s group, the data Summit analyzed shows that Covid-19 isn’t content to simply infect cells that already express lots of ACE2 receptors. Instead, it actively hijacks the body’s own systems, tricking it into upregulating ACE2 receptors in places where they’re usually expressed at low or medium levels, including the lungs.
    ;
    ;
    ;
    The end result, the researchers say, is to release a bradykinin storm — a massive, runaway buildup of bradykinin in the body. According to the bradykinin hypothesis, it’s this storm that is ultimately responsible for many of Covid-19’s deadly effects. Jacobson’s team says in their paper that “the pathology of Covid-19 is likely the result of Bradykinin Storms rather than cytokine storms,” which had been previously identified in Covid-19 patients, but that “the two may be intricately linked.”
    Vitamin D apparently has a positive counter-effect on the ACE system. The result is it may help prevent the bradykinin storm that causes the catastrophic damage.

Of course, the cannibus crowd is always looking to justify their fun. They are claiming cannibus (CBD in particular) plays a positive counter-role in the ACE system as well.

I've used the above fear info (bullshit or not) to convince my wife she needs to don her bikini and have daily patio beach parties with CBD cocktails. ;-)

Redirect the fear, guys.

Regarding RGB's recent death, I stumbled on this non-blue checkmark tweet by a Brian Cartwright:
    Here's a little secret: It's senate tradition that if a sitting senator is nominated for SCOTUS, hearings are waived & it goes straight to a floor vote. PDJT named 3 senators on his new 20. He could potentially nominated Mike Lee on Mon & be confirmed Tue before anyone's blinked.
    :
    There have been 7 times a sitting senator has been nominated for SCOTUS. The last 3 were in 1937, 1941 and 1945, with Truman's pick, Harold Burton, a Republican.
    :
    My point is there's a way to avoid hearings and get this seat filled very, very quickly, and although there would be much reeing and heads exploding, it wouldn't violate norms one bit. Trump is the one who has the balls to do it.
    Senators in consideration are Tom Cotton, Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, and Mike Lee.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    Starve the enemy by shutting down the entire economy. We starve ourselves too, but the enemy dies... Until enemy reinforcements come.

Give the troops who signed up for the task the equipment and supplies needed to do their jobs and let them go to work.
    If you think about it, it's like chemotherapy vs surgery. Kill everything and hope the cancer dies first, or attack the lesion precisely and accurately.