starting strength gym
Page 663 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 16356361365366166266366466567371376311631663 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,630 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    Balls are growing. Tensions are rising. And Proud Boy shit is no longer going to be tolerated: https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...c67_story.html
    Using that man's story the way you are does not help your cause one little bit. You have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DanaWhicker View Post
    Using that man's story the way you are does not help your cause one little bit. You have no idea.
    It's only intended piss you off. Trolling 101, hit the flush handle.

This is standard Leftist behavior. Yeah, he's done here.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Firstly, keep fucking around, revolutionaries. See what happens when veterans, who have watched as you tear at and burn our country, families, values and brothers and sister in arms - those we have shed blood with and born the losses of our own. If you manage to pull down law and order there will be no reason for us to hold back, and we will fall on you with mechanical efficiency and a cold wrath big enough to make the Hebrew god shudder. The ones, like Jake, which were taken from us and their loved ones will be avenged. And there will be no tally. We won't stop until you are annihilated... because that's how you finish insurgencies. Rip's lampposts will be your only respite from us. Best avail yourselves of them before we get there.
    I believe you are mistaken. The places that are in crisis are urban areas populated by the people who voted for the limp executives who are letting those voters get their property damaged and their persons threatened. I doubt there are many, if any, in those cities who will attempt to do what you are talking about. Those who would don't live there or saw what was in the offing and moved elsewhere. So they have no skin in that game.

The only place I am aware of that a cadre of people formed to protect property was in Kenosha. Maybe some onsies and twosies where a few isolated business owners took on the mobs. But that's it.

I can remember some discussion on this site about the likely results or success of California seceding. At the time, I said I didn't believe the lower ranks of the police or the National Guard would sit still for it. But if we have learned anything in the last few months, the police aren't likely to do anything but retire or call in sick, a la Minneapolis. The leaders of the National Guard are political appointees by each state governor, and I have come to believe their command will do the anything or the nothing they are told to do by that governor. Think Cuomo, Whitmer, Newsome, Pritzker, and other governors of their ilk.

So unless those you speak of decide they want to "fix" those out of control cities where they don't live and form up to put down the mobs, nothing will happen. It seems highly unlikely to occur. If it does, it's hard to say if the police will sorta kinda live and let live as happened in Kenosha, or try to intercede and start making arrests. The National Guard is an entirely unknown quantity. But given the political flag rank officers who the governors appoint, it seems unlikely they would do anything but what they were told to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I believe you are mistaken. The places that are in crisis are urban areas populated by the people who voted for the limp executives who are letting those voters get their property damaged and their persons threatened. I doubt there are many, if any, in those cities who will attempt to do what you are talking about. Those who would don't live there or saw what was in the offing and moved elsewhere. So they have no skin in that game.

The only place I am aware of that a cadre of people formed to protect property was in Kenosha. Maybe some onsies and twosies where a few isolated business owners took on the mobs. But that's it.

I can remember some discussion on this site about the likely results or success of California seceding. At the time, I said I didn't believe the lower ranks of the police or the National Guard would sit still for it. But if we have learned anything in the last few months, the police aren't likely to do anything but retire or call in sick, a la Minneapolis. The leaders of the National Guard are political appointees by each state governor, and I have come to believe their command will do the anything or the nothing they are told to do by that governor. Think Cuomo, Whitmer, Newsome, Pritzker, and other governors of their ilk.

So unless those you speak of decide they want to "fix" those out of control cities where they don't live and form up to put down the mobs, nothing will happen. It seems highly unlikely to occur. If it does, it's hard to say if the police will sorta kinda live and let live as happened in Kenosha, or try to intercede and start making arrests. The National Guard is an entirely unknown quantity. But given the political flag rank officers who the governors appoint, it seems unlikely they would do anything but what they were told to do.
    Mostly, I think you are both right. The reality is that it’s confined to cities as you outlined, Mark. And the conservative media is also guilty of fear mongering (though far less so) to make it seem like it’s coming to your house.

It’s simply very unlikely to spread beyond those boundaries, BUT if it did, David Rowe is correct, they won’t get far. Along with experienced veterans, there are multitudes of American civilians that will also step up. And it would be swift.

I can’t help but think subconsciously the rioters know this.

I’m now concrete in my view that social media is responsible for ALL of this unrest, followed closely by MSM. I’ve also come to wonder just how many people out there are mentally ill and so maladapted that the get whipped into hysteria from the social media echo chamber. This is truly scary.

Finally, though the unrest is confined to cities (Democrat run), it doesn’t mean it’s ok. But we all know that.

COVID-19 Pandemic Planning Scenarios | CDC

Infection Fatality Ratio†
    Current Best Estimate:
    0-19 years: 0.00003
    20-49 years: 0.0002
    50-69 years: 0.005
    70+ years: 0.054

In other words, the survival rate is:

0-19 99.997%
    20-49 99.98%
    50-69 99.5%
    70+ 94.6%

And to make an even stronger point: Four graphs prove the utter failure of lockdowns and masks | Behind The Black

Next time you see somebody driving down the street by themselves in a car with The Mask on, remember this.

Quote Originally Posted by DanaWhicker View Post
    Linking that story with that kind of sentiment makes me wonder if the guy has been goofing on us the whole time. It's so tone deaf it seems satirical. The real irony is that guy wasn't even a hyper partisan. There is a "man on the street" interview with him during the inauguration, and he was really laid back about political disagreements. They asked him about the pussy hat march going on and he just said it was their right to make their voices heard and that he believed the president would ultimately prove their concerns unjustified.

Good gravy. Think Trump made them say this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    COVID-19 Pandemic Planning Scenarios | CDC

Infection Fatality Ratio†
    Current Best Estimate:
    0-19 years: 0.00003
    20-49 years: 0.0002
    50-69 years: 0.005
    70+ years: 0.054

In other words, the survival rate is:

0-19 99.997%
    20-49 99.98%
    50-69 99.5%
    70+ 94.6%

Next time you see somebody driving down the street by themselves in a car with The Mask on, remember this.
    Saw this. I don’t think it matters. Fauci is the new god of the sheep. Unless he declares us safe, we should be cowering in the fetal position, wearing a mask, covered in Purell at least 6 feet from each other. There is no other science. There are no other scientists, no other experts. There is only the one. To question the all knowing Fauci is heresy and should be punished.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    Saw this. I don’t think it matters. Fauci is the new god of the sheep. Unless he declares us safe, we should be cowering in the fetal position, wearing a mask, covered in Purell at least 6 feet from each other. There is no other science. There are no other scientists, no other experts. There is only the one. To question the all knowing Fauci is heresy and should be punished.
    I really hate you for being right. 😉