starting strength gym
Page 669 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 16956961965966766866967067167971976911691669 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,690 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The dems have suddenly discovered the high rate of mail-in ballot rejections and are reversing course. Will Dems’ embrace of mail, masks, and social distance help Trump win the election? | Will Bunch

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Sorry Brodie, Rip beat you to it. 1 year expiration on this one. Game on.
    uhhg...i couldn't sleep last night because I feel guilty for taking advantage of Brodie on that Kushner bet and not providing an opportunity to win some $$ back.
    So, I'd like to make it up to him by offering a softball bet.

Pick one of the other two guys in this photo (Obama or that Howard Sprague looking dude), and I'll bet you $20 he will be indicted. This one carries a 4 year expiration.

If I'm flushed from SS before then, you have my word as a gentleman to pay off my debt to your cause of choice.

This offer is a Brodie exclusive. Here's to a clear conscience and a good night's sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    So first the message was, “Masks prevent the spread and that is good.”

Now it’s, “Masks cause the spread and that is good.”

And we are expected to take these “Experts” seriously.

Regarding the voting this season:

My boss reached out to the voting office in his county to get clarification regarding requests for mail-in ballots. Here in Jersey, they decided that they were just sending out ballots to all registered voters. He had requested a ballot before this decision had been made. The reason for his call was to determine if there'd be double mailing of ballots AND how this would affect in-person voting. The voting office said that there would be no voting machines at the locations as votes cast, I'm assuming done by paper ballot, are going to be regarded as provisional in nature.

By the way, this particular county is run by the Republicans.

But what the fuck does that mean, ​provisional?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    So first the message was, “Masks prevent the spread and that is good.”

Now it’s, “Masks cause the spread and that is good.”

And we are expected to take these “Experts” seriously.
    I think they’re arguing more that it’s a pseudo-vaccine because it reduces viral load. There’s latency in the system, since the viral load argument has been out there for months.

Certainly we’re lost in the weeds at this point, nerding out on mask tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Dargatz View Post
    Thing is, legally speaking, Brodie is correct. But that's the point that makes us angry, that people are making this the law, believing the mask crap, making rational lack of fear 'the enemy'.

What makes me angry is that someone can spin the incident into something other than ”for wearing a mask”.

But the mask blind faith is bad too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    https://twitter.com/carobini/status/1308943706301530112

Somehow, I can't imagine we would see such totalitarian behaviour from the police in Moscow, Russia.

Or the police responding this way if the religious chants were Islamic.

How I wish I could be there, singing hymns along with those fellow citizens!

Yeah, just wrapping up a week of commutes to Moscow for a side job; I had considered moving back to the city for the convenience of shortening my commute, but after seeing how Belarus was punished for not following the global New order, I don't doubt that Russia could be sucked back into this mania again this winter, and I refuse to subject my children to that.

I shopped in a Vkusville again this week, but it was a different location, CLOSER to the center, in fact, yet no one gave me trouble about being unmuzzled this time.
    And on the metro, again I'm not travelling during peak hours, but I saw no fines being issued, and I have to say, I overestimated before - probably only 5% if not fewer are self-muzzled.
    On the suburban trains ("elektrichki"), the conductor checking tickets asks out loud for people to put on their protective gear, and tells us it is available for purchase, but does not push any further.
    Just now, a guard at the metal detectors at the train station entrance waved me along and didn't require me to empty my pockets even though the machine beeped.
    After that, I am still in a state of anxiety trying to determine why *I*, a filthy American, was allowed to appropriate Russian culture and not be subjected to taking my phone and keys out of my pockets, or be patted down.

Or maybe profiling is just the ONLY efficient and accurate way to keep citizens safe? Just like selective CoVid "profiling" would result in more efficient quarantines and mandatory wearing of masks (only 65 and older, or the sickly). Our current and former LEO and military can speak better on this topic of profiling's effectiveness.

....but I should add, yngvi, that back during the Mandatory Voluntary Quarantine in the spring, there were a few videos that sprung up of people without their permission slips who were too far from home, who got forcefully arrested by police. But the videos were so few that I think there probably wasn't widespread authoritarian harassment.

But mostly, the experiences of me and my family and Russian in-laws has been, like reconquista described for Brazil, that in cultures with stronger cohesiveness (define that and the requisite policies needed to achieve that as you may) the CoVid authoritarians are more reserved.

Are Americans successfully voiding fines and expunging criminal records after these outlandish arrests? I'd hate to see the law-abiders and taxpayers treated worse than the BLM and AntiFa shoe scum!

[EDIT: Wow, I just saw the video of the girl getting arrested at the football game for not wearing a mask, after writing all of that.
    Woman arrested for not wearing a mask. - YouTube
    Makes your blood boil, when the molotov-coktail throwers are unimpeded while committing their crimes of terror, or worse, booked and released on their own recognizance, when we know that something closer to the NYC Proud Boys treatment awaits this young lady.
    Did you all see the child whisked away at the beginning? What a traumatic, authoritarian experience that toddler was exposed to, as the adult whisked him away in their arms!
    I don't know what the solution to all this madness is, but that football game can NOT be described as having been enjoyed by a free people. :'(
    ]

Watch 7:10 to 24:37 about the documents released and the coup attempt the media won't cover.

Scott Adams: Coup Plotter Details Emerge
    Episode 1135 Scott Adams: Coup Plotter Details Emerge, BLM Focuses on Revenge Over Solutions - YouTube

1.5x speed suggested

We just got word from the family in Italy that travel across Europe is going to be restricted for Christmas. Tell me again how the tide is changing on the continent?

starting strength coach development program
    Public service announcement on behalf of the CDC: be sure to increase social distancing if your Halloween activities might involve screaming.

COVID-19: Holiday Celebrations | CDC