starting strength gym
Page 672 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 17257262266267067167267367468272277211721672 ... LastLast
Results 6,711 to 6,720 of 30183

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Ivor Cummins
    @FatEmperor
    This will be the true "second wave" guys, for those of you naive enough to not realize it:. Better start looking properly at the actual corona data before the exploitation of the virus gets going... #Yes2Meat #Meatheals #LCHF #Keto

https://twitter.com/FatEmperor/statu...463691782?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is what is known as "concise":

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/wp-c...ENSAMERICA.jpg
    Hang on, I've seen photos from the seminars and not a single person was wearing a pastel suit.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    Ivor Cummins
    @FatEmperor
    This will be the true "second wave" guys, for those of you naive enough to not realize it:. Better start looking properly at the actual corona data before the exploitation of the virus gets going... #Yes2Meat #Meatheals #LCHF #Keto

The article this links to was from June 11. At that time, the government had sufficiently disrupted the supply/demand chain that massive waste was taking place. You've heard of governments doing this before, since Command Economies do not work. Reuters is always in favor of Command Economies, because it gives them something to write about.

As I look out across my 180-acre factory farm here in North Texas, which consists almost entirely of grass, mesquite, a couple of hackberry trees, and some cactus, I am reminded of the positive contributions made to our current situation by the highly intelligent and very hip dwellers of the great cities of America, without whose wisdom and insight we'd all be stupid hillbillies. City people have all the answers -- LISTEN TO THEM.

And the ball is just now rolling. Eventually, even sheep get mad when you keep running them into the fence. City people all know this. Listen to city people.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    This was not his horse, I assure you. Humans do not do this to their own horses. City people have dogs, right? It's kinda like that, but more so.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanNewell View Post
    Hang on, I've seen photos from the seminars and not a single person was wearing a pastel suit.
    Not a single person was wearing a helmet either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Doctors need a couple classes in how the world really works so they can protect their patients from it.
    Twitter - Before he was arrested Dr Heiko Schoning today...

And here's his arrest after his speech: Doctor Dr. Heiko Schöning acu2020.org arrested at Hyde park 26th Sept 2020

This man seems to understand how the world works. Perhaps he can help design the required curriculum additions for all medical schools to teach our MDs....if he ever gets out of Prison for his heinous crime of creating sounds out of his mouth & nose at Hyde Park today.

Suggested chapters to consider...
    Chapter one: appeal to authority is medical malpractice.
    Chapter two: when science is for sale, it's not science.
    Chapter three: everyone / everything is for sale.
    Chapter four: those who choose the "experts", control the "science".
    Chapter five: use your training and question EVERYTHING....especially the chosen "experts"
    :
    etc

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    Ivor Cummins
    @FatEmperor

I've been fearing this coming next, the vegans are trying to reshape society in their image.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    And here's his arrest after his speech: Doctor Dr. Heiko Schöning acu2020.org arrested at Hyde park 26th Sept 2020

This man seems to understand how the world works. Perhaps he can help design the required curriculum additions for all medical schools to teach our MDs....if he ever gets out of Prison for his heinous crime of creating sounds out of his mouth & nose at Hyde Park today.
    How much longer, do you think, before people realize that all they have to do is NOT get out of the road? That they don't have to let these men be taken?

You don't even have to fight. You just stand there and hold onto each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This was not his horse, I assure you. Humans do not do this to their own horses. City people have dogs, right? It's kinda like that, but more so.
    Maybe it was his horse in the same way Michael Vick had dogs.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    Well, you are wrong about what most doctors’ daily work entails. Most doctors are not, and shouldn’t be, on TV telling people what is up with covid or health policy.

My point was not that people making policy don’t have to know about things like PPV, it was that public health is a narrow slice of medicine, so finding out that a bunch of clinicians can’t calculate PPV isnt surprising or even worrisome. My comment was in relation to the survey of clinicians linked above.

An example: The PPV of urinalysis for UTI, if I test everyone, is likely to be about 50%. That’s if 1% of the people have a UTI, so this may be high. But in real life I’m not testing everyone, only symptomatic people. Let’s say 75% of the symptomatic people I’m testing have an actual UTI. So the PPV is now about 99%. This test got a lot better when applied to the correct population. So when I order a urinalysis I have no thought of calculating a PPV, nor should I. It simply doesn’t help me in this case. Calculating a PPV isn’t of use to clinicians very often.

So, being a doctor doesn’t necessarily give someone authority to make health policy. But having a medical degree doesn’t disqualify someone either, if they have a public health background.

One other thing to add: while I’m saying that calculating a PPV is not a core skill, there are a group of clinicians who should study up on the concept of PPV, even if they can’t calculate it: the overtesters. I see this mostly in private practice: doctors and NPs who use lots of tests in a futile attempt to reduce the uncertainty inherent in clinical decision-making. Ironically, many patients feel that doctors who do lots of tests are paying close attention and giving them higher-quality care. The opposite is mostly true. Unfortunately, I don’t think that a PPV refresher will solve their problem.
    You are completely right. We cannot expect doctors to have basic mathematical or statistical knowledge. Those are just not things they will ever have to use in real life.