starting strength gym
Page 673 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 17357362366367167267367467568372377311731673 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,730 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    This is a damn good piece

Revolution 2020 - The American Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    This is a damn good piece

Revolution 2020 - The American Mind
    Indeed. This is a very clear distillation:

Progressivism’s foundational proposition—that the American way of life suffers from excessive freedom and insufficient latitude for experts to lead each into doing what is best for all—is the intellectual basis of the oligarchy’s ever-increasing size, wealth, and power. The theme that the USA was ill-conceived in 1776-89 and must be re-conceived has resounded from Woodrow Wilson’s Congressional Government (1885) to the campaigns of Franklin Roosevelt, John Kennedy, Barack Obama, and Joseph Biden: “listen to the scientists!” The criticism’s main point has been constant: America’s original conception validated the people’s right to live as they please, and made it hard to marshal them for Progressive purposes.

But the Progressive critique adds a moral basis: the American people’s indulgence of their preferences—private ease and comfort, focus on families, religious observance, patriotism—has made for every secular sin imaginable: racism, sexism, greed, etc. Because most Americans are racist, sexist, un-appreciative of real virtue or refinement (these are somehow rolled together), because these Americans resist knuckling under to their betters, America is a sick society that needs to be punished and to have its noxious freedoms reformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    Maybe it was his horse in the same way Michael Vick had dogs.
    Actually I saw somewhere that he inherited the horse from an uncle. So that's probably why he felt so carefree about riding it to death, he didn't put any money into purchasing it or any time into raising and training it. Feel bad for the horse, but on the upside this does make a bit of a fool out of Lightfoot. Especially when you hear them interview the guy afterward, he sounded like he was high and kept trying to get the attention of famous rappers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    You are completely right. We cannot expect doctors to have basic mathematical or statistical knowledge. Those are just not things they will ever have to use in real life.
    A doctor unable to conceptualize PPV = TP/(TP + FP) is like a strength coach unable to conceptualize Power = Force*Distance/Time. Prevalent, and unacceptable.

@IlhanOmar connected cash-for-ballots harvesting scheme EXPOSED

“Money is the king in everything”; harvester boasts harvesting HUNDREDS of 2020 absentee ballots ILLEGALLY! “Numbers do not lie...these here are all absentee ballots…my car is full…”

Project Veritas: Ilhan Omar connected Ballot Harvester in cash-for-ballots scheme: "Car is full" of absentee ballotsIlhan Omar connected Ballot Harvester in cash-for-ballots scheme: "Car is full" of absentee ballot..

@IlhanOmar
    connected cash-for-ballots harvesting scheme EXPOSED “Money is the king in everything”; harvester boasts harvesting HUNDREDS of 2020 absentee ballots ILLEGALLY! “Numbers do not lie...these here are all absentee ballots…my car is full…”

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

I'm curious if anyone will perform a complete post-mortem on this debacle. It would be especially interesting to know:
    • Total deaths in the US, Jan-Sep 2020 versus the same period, previous year
    • Split by age group
    • Split by type of death
    • Increase in [and causes of] non-COVID related deaths and whether or not that number is equal to, less than, or greater than total COVID deaths
    • The above stats calculated in terms of "life years lost" (I wonder how many life years have been lost due to things like suicide among young people, which represent 40+ life years lost per person, as compared to life years lost due to COVID deaths from the elderly)

It'd be hard to get accurate ranges, but it'd be worth attempting to calculate:
    • Total economic cost
    • Cost per incremental death (over last year's baseline)
    • Cost per incremental life year lost (over last year's baseline)
    • A simulation, based on actuals from other countries, to imagine what these stats may have been if there were no lockdowns, social distancing, mask mandates, etc in the US

It would also be interesting to know:
    • Total and percentage of deaths caused by government intervention (especially early moves that placed COVID patients in end of life care facilities, for example)
    • Psychological impact on the country as measured by Rx drug use, illegal drug use, alcohol/cannabis use increases, and a sentiment analysis (hopelessness/optimism, feeling of being in control of one's own destiny, etc)
    • Total dollars spent by businesses and government on policy implementation (including social distancing, signage, PPE, human resources, equipment, etc)
    • Number and percentage of small businesses that filed for bankruptcy, year over year
    • Average economic injury to government employee vs public company employee vs private company employee vs small business owner
    • Crime stats comparison, year over year
    • Trust in media and government stats, year over year

It is impossible to quantify the true costs of these policy decisions, since they have permanently altered the course of history. A functioning media would be useful in a situation like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    Project Veritas: Ilhan Omar connected Ballot Harvester in cash-for-ballots scheme: "Car is full" of absentee ballotsIlhan Omar connected Ballot Harvester in cash-for-ballots scheme: "Car is full" of absentee ballot..

@IlhanOmar
    connected cash-for-ballots harvesting scheme EXPOSED “Money is the king in everything”; harvester boasts harvesting HUNDREDS of 2020 absentee ballots ILLEGALLY! “Numbers do not lie...these here are all absentee ballots…my car is full…”

Holy shit. I never know with Veritas where it’s going to fall. Sometimes it’s over hyped, however, this is significant.

She will be reelected anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post

@IlhanOmar
    This is why I don't want mail-in voting expanded, I want to see it ended.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    I'm curious if anyone will perform a complete post-mortem on this debacle. It would be especially interesting to know:
    Ray,

Though the data would have been less accurate and many assumptions would have had to have been made, the time for these questions and calculations was around mid-March.

"What is this going to cost?" Is a question no politician asked aloud publicly.

This should shake our faith in every politician at every level. The only logical thing I can think to do is vote against every single incumbent in the next election. Even the sheriff... He remained mute on the subject and he's gotta go, as far as I'm concerned.