starting strength gym
Page 674 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 17457462466467267367467567668472477411741674 ... LastLast
Results 6,731 to 6,740 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Posting this here because I don't think the protest/riots and Covid can be completely separate. Nonetheless, this also involves strength. At the end of this video, does that guy hulk smash that window with his hand? I looked at closer pictures and it appears to be an empty hand, possibly he had some kind of brass knuckles? Who knows, but damn, how many people did it take to smash in vehicle windows at antifa riots?

https://twitter.com/desertborder/sta...90341076893696

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    A functioning media would be useful in a situation like this.
    As Michael Malice says, "the media doesn't (just) have a bias; it has an agenda." In that regard, it is functioning exactly the way it's supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    This is why I don't want mail-in voting expanded, I want to see it ended.
    I agree. If you are not sufficiently invested in the process to get to the polls, identify yourself, and vote on the record, you should not be "allowed" to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    Posting this here because I don't think the protest/riots and Covid can be completely separate. Nonetheless, this also involves strength. At the end of this video, does that guy hulk smash that window with his hand? I looked at closer pictures and it appears to be an empty hand, possibly he had some kind of brass knuckles? Who knows, but damn, how many people did it take to smash in vehicle windows at antifa riots?

This link doesn't show anything being smashed. Can you fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This link doesn't show anything being smashed. Can you fix it?
    It's the third image down with "Someone ran their car through a crowd of Trump supporters. OC Sheriffs took the person into custody. Ambulances were dispatched, but I don't have information on injuries" as the title.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post

You have to scroll down a bit to find the smashing in question. But after stop frame viewing it a few times, the window was broken by the guy using a hammer fist. A mostly unappreciated hand strike executed by making a tight fist and in this case striking downward with the pinky side. It's a very powerful strike, but even so, shattering a car window with it is no mean feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I agree. If you are not sufficiently invested in the process to get to the polls, identify yourself, and vote on the record, you should not be "allowed" to vote.
    The only exception I'd make is for deployed military. Hell I wouldn't object if they got to count as 2 votes instead of 1. Besides, some kind of ballot scheme would be a lot easier to detect and deal with at a military base.

I have an idea! How about they vote at the base under identification, and then the base submits the ballot to their home jurisdictions, in time to be counted by the night of the election!

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    The only exception I'd make is for deployed military. Hell I wouldn't object if they got to count as 2 votes instead of 1. Besides, some kind of ballot scheme would be a lot easier to detect and deal with at a military base.
    Shades of Heinlein and Starship Troopers.

starting strength coach development program
    I dunno, but somehow this seems more about self promotion than a tribute to Ginsburg.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg'''s personal trainer does push-ups in front of her casket in US Capitol