starting strength gym
Page 678 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 17857862866867667767867968068872877811781678 ... LastLast
Results 6,771 to 6,780 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalton Rankin View Post
    The first presidential debate between Trump and Biden has concluded only a few moments ago, and one Facebook comment provided a deft synopsis: I would rather paint my house with a Q-tip than vote for Biden.
    Can’t open the economy until we control covid.

The green new deal will pay for itself.

I really expected Biden to be a drooling mess. Instead, he was just a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    If it was a bioweapon, it was a shitty one. It's primary effectiveness was provided by our media.
    That is the speculation based on the new claims and analysis; It was not ever meant to be a deadly bioweapon.

It was intended to draw attention, destabilize adversaries and promote Chinese superiority in handling a major disease outbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I still believe the accidental release theory the most. I think they were fucking around with these viruses in a lab, and in true China fashion corners were cut when it comes to safety and reliability.
    That still may be the most likely scenario.

However, if that is the case, how do we explain the Chinese propaganda campaign targeting international audiences? They "leaked" videos of panic, overrun hospitals, chaos and people just dropping dead, then had thousands of bots making exaggerated claims about the severity of the virus in English/Italian. Was it simply a strategy decided upon after they realized the accidental lab release?

Hard to forget the pool party China threw to celebrate it had vanquished the disease in contrast to the rest of the world in lockdown. Take Down CCP - Dance Party Wuhan - YouTube

I don't think we can discredit Li Meng Yan's claims at this point either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I really expected Biden to be a drooling mess. Instead, he was just a liar.
    A pretty smooth and good liar at that too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    That's what I think. They were doing gain of function research and some assistant or janitor got exposed and just went about his business not realizing it and a few days later- outbreak.
    The most plausible scenario. When I was a kid one of my brothers was a firebug. An incident with white gas and a plastic bottle on the driveway occurred, and thankfully he just singed some hair.

This reminds me of that: mankind, in our hubris, have almost brought about our own doom (again), but thankfully it wasn't actually deadly.

All my liberal friends heard last night was when trump endorsed the proud boys, it made him look racist. I had to look them up last night because i never bothered to confirm whether or not they were a hate group. I'm so mad, I can't take anything for granted ever; one of their core tenets is "anti-rascism". Does anybody know of anything racist that the proud boys have done?

One of my relatives was high up in the Met police's CT intelligence, and retired a few years ago taking on a job as a security consultant. Before all this, he had to learn Mandarin because of regular work trips to the Far East. He was tight-lipped when he was in the police, and he's even more so now.

He recently said that everyone in his line of work firmly believes the virus was intentionally released from the Wuhan lab.

Rather than viewing the virus as ineffective, because it doesn't have a huge body-count, you could also view it as a perfect example of a bioweapon in this newly shifting and evolving multipolar world, where informational warfare is much more effective than the outdated model of unipolar power we still cling to in the US and West, i.e - the US waving a big stick around and scaring everyone into capitulating. That time is coming to an end.

It has managed to trigger significant problems in economies and societies, where these problems were perhaps latent but have now been prematurely brought to the surface. Especially so with our fake, unsustainable debt-based economies, where for example Trump has marketed this idea of a "strong economy" as being evidenced by bloated stock-market fueled by stock buy-backs, and manipulated employment numbers.

Rather than a shitty bioweapon, it could be a work of genius. It has totally forced our governments' hands.

Quote Originally Posted by bendy-legs View Post
    All my liberal friends heard last night was when trump endorsed the proud boys, it made him look racist. I had to look them up last night because i never bothered to confirm whether or not they were a hate group. I'm so mad, I can't take anything for granted ever; one of their core tenets is "anti-rascism". Does anybody know of anything racist that the proud boys have done?
    They're not a white supremacist group. They have and accept non-white members. Lately all they've been doing is holding fake rallies to lure out antifa loonies and force the police to deal with them. It's actually pretty brilliant.

PB are civic-nationalists and have black and hispanic members. I'm a million miles to the right of them, and not even I am a "white supremacist" nor do I wish harm to any non-whites. What Biden is saying now is very clear, though: anyone who advocates for white people and pursues their ethnic group interests will be persecuted.

starting strength coach development program
    They oppose communism. They believe in property rights. Some of them are white. They oppose censorship. Any one of these makes a group racist. All of them together makes it a white supremacist group.
    The left has successfully shifted the definition of "white supremacy" to mean anything they dislike. Why do you think Trump wanted to avoid a blanket condemnation of "white supremacist" groups.

I am now in my overarching analysis of the situation leaning towards Covid-19 being an intentional release.

I will repost this article, because it contains a large amount of useful information. Draw your own conclusions from it.
    China’s Global Lockdown Propaganda Campaign - Tablet Magazine

Projections for year over year economic change in 2021 due to Covid:
    EU and US: -9%
    China: +1%