starting strength gym
Page 682 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 18258263267268068168268368469273278211821682 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,820 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Yeah, back to the present: here is the NYT's response to last night's news about the Trump family's Covid test:

Trump and first lady test positive for the virus. - The New York Times

This is not even a remotely rational statement.
    I'm hardly a Trump supporter, but yeah. That makes zero sense. If he's incapacitated, we have processes in place to deal with that. Otherwise, there's no reason for him not to be on the ballot-- not to mention that it's too late in the game to change that anyway. The NYT have been spending too much time huffing their own farts again.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    To absolutely no one's surprise...

Joe is passionate about things, and that's admirable. But I have yet to see him take a stance that would be subject to more scrutiny than he would face after bombing one show. You don't know the measure of a man until he has something to lose, and Joe is going soft quickly. Americans have learned a hard lesson this year: passion, "positive support", work ethic, discipline and devotion to family are NOT the same thing as courage.

On the flip side, I wonder if the economic recovery and political course aren't just the inertia of a general population that doesn't give a fuck. They don't care about the data OR propaganda. They're just gonna carry on anyway, and maybe that's what keeps us from utter disaster and civil conflict/war. Even the mask wearing phenomenon can be somewhat explained. They won't do a lot of the really stupid things like walking down an empty isle in the grocery store the "wrong way" or strict social distancing, but they'll throw a shitty mask thing on their chin and get the shopping done so they can get home and relieve the babysitter.

"Ain't got time to bleed..."

I was thinking the same thing about NFL millionaire children's-game players and their coaches! Here are rich, influential people (on par with or more than Rogan) who could take a stand and make a statement about masks and everything else, yet thry just go along with it all because....why? Are they brainwashed, too, or cowardly? Gotta be the latter because there's SO much info out there to prevent MILLIONAIRES from believing in these fairy tales.

Meanwhile people like the Female salon owner and the Proud Boys DO take a stand, but for what?? With so many turncoats on the Conservative side (didn't Trump even get caught now "condemning the Proud Boys? And look how quickly Romney, Lindsey Graham, et. al. TURNED), what the fuck is the point of risking your personal life, liberty, and pursuit of property for these empty shells of men who "lead" MAGA!?

One more thing, I heard a great statement from a Russian lady I follow, Katia Chi, who tends towards the "conspiratorial" explanations for all of this:

You'd better wash your hands thoroughly, your brains have already been washed!

The very end is my favorite part:

Mr. Trump has refused for months to wear a mask in public on all but a few occasions and repeatedly questioned their effectiveness while mocking Mr. Biden for wearing one. Trailing in the polls, the president in recent weeks increasingly held crowded campaign events in defiance of public health guidelines and sometimes state and local governments.
    The hilarious subtext here being that in spite of these actions, he's only recently tested positive.

I'd like to offer another possible explanation for all this: Demonic Possession. What else could possibly explain this?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1312055658137739264

“If President Trump can’t be out there on the campaign trail for the next two weeks, then he’s going to rely on his surrogates and unfortunately one of his surrogates is Vladimir Putin.”

Who knows? Trump having the Kung Flu could be a Lucky Jack Aubrey style ruse (as in flying a false flag prior to engaging in battle with a French frigate) to lure his opponent into something rash. Like say baiting him about self isolating from having been exposed to Trump during the debate and then not staying in his basement for the safety of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I'd like to offer another possible explanation for all this: Demonic Possession. What else could possibly explain this?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1312055658137739264
    Rip, I'll be honest, I couldn't even listen to the blathering demonically possessed "leader" because I can't get beyond how inane it is that CNN has an audience who buys into the idea of sneaky yet STRONG Russian influence on our elections and domestic politics.

I had forgotten to mention this earlier, back when Soule's Tim Kennedy was on the firing line here in our humble forum, but I had an interesting interaction with a student of mine who is quite rich; he must be at least a
    multi-millionaire. I shared with him the idea that our riots were more intense than they otherwise would have been because of the involvement of Russian intelligence, and he guffawed. He told me, Nicholas, you know, we have a saying here that America is like a massive bear, and Russia, a small dog. She yaps loudly and nips at the bear but ultimately is inconsequential. So, we Russians can only WISH we were powerful and stable enough to have such a large influence on your country's affairs.

So, sure, that's just one guy's opinion (but he's much too rich to be stupid, I imagine), but remember: these Russkies were caught sneaking piss through holes at night at the Sochi Olympics, to protect their doped-up athletes from disqualification!

So don't give me this bullshit, Democrat Party and your syncophants, that Russians are stealthily stealing our democratic processes; that foreign intervention is the reason people turned away in droves from the Swamp, and have been supporting more populist paths.

Show us the tainted ballots that the Russians are sneaking through holes in USPS trucks, the Russian-speaking (idiot) agents using unencrypted cell phones at AntiFa and BLM meetings (since Russians are too clumsy to even hide cheating at the olympic level), or shut the fuck up!
    Or better yet, don't shut up, but if you're going to keep bleating about RUSSKIES, show us your ties to Middle-Eastern countries (our allies!), and China, too....and maybe even THAT country?? :O

Trump infected himself as a hedge that he would recover in time to finish the election. It’s all in Biden’s head now. Hide or get it over with?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Antifa has a real history
    They have been around as an official organization for 100 years now. They have always been a communist militia. They have always been well-funded, highly organized and backed by wealthy individuals or foreign communist governments.

Oddly enough, they also tend to agree with the policies that Soros is pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    I was thinking the same thing about NFL millionaire children's-game players and their coaches! Here are rich, influential people (on par with or more than Rogan) who could take a stand and make a statement about masks and everything else, yet thry just go along with it all because....why? Are they brainwashed, too, or cowardly? Gotta be the latter because there's SO much info out there to prevent MILLIONAIRES from believing in these fairy tales....
    Meanwhile people like the Female salon owner and the Proud Boys DO take a stand, but for what?? With so many turncoats on the Conservative side (didn't Trump even get caught now "condemning the Proud Boys? And look how quickly Romney, Lindsey Graham, et. al. TURNED), what the fuck is the point of risking your personal life, liberty, and pursuit of property for these empty shells of men who "lead" MAGA!?
    They are indoctrinated, demoralized, scared, uncertain of what the truth is or making what they think is the best political move. In such cases, they try to fall back on what they were taught as children; They were taught to be tolerant, compromise, obey the rules even when your opponent is not and to turn the other cheek at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    To absolutely no one's surprise...

Joe is passionate about things, and that's admirable. But I have yet to see him take a stance that would be subject to more scrutiny than he would face after bombing one show. You don't know the measure of a man until he has something to lose, and Joe is going soft quickly. Americans have learned a hard lesson this year: passion, "positive support", work ethic, discipline and devotion to family are NOT the same thing as courage.

On the flip side, I wonder if the economic recovery and political course aren't just the inertia of a general population that doesn't give a fuck. They don't care about the data OR propaganda. They're just gonna carry on anyway, and maybe that's what keeps us from utter disaster and civil conflict/war. Even the mask wearing phenomenon can be somewhat explained. They won't do a lot of the really stupid things like walking down an empty isle in the grocery store the "wrong way" or strict social distancing, but they'll throw a shitty mask thing on their chin and get the shopping done so they can get home and relieve the babysitter.

"Ain't got time to bleed..."
    Can you elaborate on the bolded? I like the tone, but I want to be able to wrap my head around it so I can describe it better to some people I know.