starting strength gym
Page 685 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 18558563567568368468568668769573578511851685 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,850 of 30185

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    The media and it's trained seal doctors in waiting have been making much of Trump's age and BMI as being HUUUUGE risk factors for him in his battle with the Kung Flu. At a height of 6'4" and a weight of 240 lbs. it does indeed translate into a BMI of just over 30 as they have been gabbling about. It's almost as if they want to get him to invoke succession and have Pence in charge. Which I doubt they would really like either.
    My bmi is 35.3, and I like my odds of kicking that virus more than Trump OR those media dummies. I've already done it once pretty quickly. As always, bmi is bullshit at determining individual health.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Perhaps the unlawfulness of her action would've sunk in if she had been strong-armed and tazed by a cop. It is obvious that the ramifications of her infraction had much broader scope than that of the maskless lady in the football bleachers.

But "that's not the way the system works".

This is what they want: https://twitter.com/i/status/1312212387953471494

Poor little things don't know how clear this picture is.

For those unaware, go ahead and Google the zip codes around Walter Reed to get an idea of who that lady is if she is "from the neighborhood."

I grew up in Prince George's County, MD (and went to PUBLIC SCHOOL, w00t w00t), so I know her kind all too well - "her people" don't need Trump's policies, but she's never met a Black person outside of interactions with service sector
    or government workers.

Dammit, the bourgeoisie got trashed to make way for the elite's revolutions in the early 20th century, and they're up to their thriving, murderous shenanigans again at the beginning of the 21st!

Somewhere in an alternate universe...
    "Me. Biden, do you denounce the hateful rhetoric against your infected opponent by those in your party, and the MSM?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    For those unaware, go ahead and Google the zip codes around Walter Reed to get an idea of who that lady is if she is "from the neighborhood."

I grew up in Prince George's County, MD (and went to PUBLIC SCHOOL, w00t w00t), so I know her kind all too well - "her people" don't need Trump's policies, but she's never met a Black person outside of interactions with service sector or government workers.
    She is a sub-articulate moron. I am amazed that she somehow found her way to this location, and recognized the situation.

Excellent post, Jenni. We need to get a beer.
    Would love that! Long as it's not one of those overly hoppy IPA deals. Those things got so popular, I could live the rest of my life never having another and be fine, lol. Then again, I'm always open to education.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    Be careful what you wish for, low in agreeableness can work both ways. Get a highly neurotic person who is also low in agreeableness and nothing will get done.
    You aren't wrong. We'd also not want people who test really low in conscientiousness. But at the same time I've known people who test slightly neurotic and are low in agreeableness and they would be next to us in the fight because they hate change and the communal nature of the neo-Marxist crowd. Honestly, I think the bigger problem is there just aren't enough of us. The guys who wrote the Constitution may not have had Peterson's vocabulary for what they were afraid of, but they knew that situation existed which is why we have the republic we have rather than a pure democracy- in my opinion. They suspected the tendency of the common man to be lax in protecting rights in the face of danger. Bless 'em, they tried to give us the tools to keep this problem at bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdcuth View Post
    I just went on my TV and the options to search for programs had changed so the first three options were “black history” “diversity in tv” and “exploring race”. I might CHOOSE to watch something like this but this subtle brainwashing really made me shudder. I might have to follow those people that have quit (or never had) cable tv and go DVD only......
    There is a reason the younger generations hate television and widely refuse to watch it. The younger generations and the less conformist individuals of older generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Jordon Peterson does a good deal of explanation on the 5 major traits: agreeableness, conscientiousness, extraversion, neuroticism, and openness to experience. I encourage anyone who's not familiar to watch some of his talks, it's educational. Some things like "support" fall under being agreeable and some things like "work ethic" are conscientiousness. What we really need are a bunch of fuckers like me who score really low on "agreeableness". We don't give a shit enough about what people think to go along and bend the knee. It's not exactly courage, it's personality. We can't fake being ass-kissers and pearl-clutchers. At least not for long. People who score high on conscientiousness would help some, too. In this search, we're narrow-casting, the same as when Coach is trying to teach his program. The majority of people simply are not going to fit the group we need to reach. Think about it in lifting terms..... out of any given decent sized city what percentage of gym goers (never mind the population at large) are willing to do a Starting Strength type program with all the shunning of standard Globogym methods that entails? A majority? Nope. We already know that. We face the same problem with needing people to be courageous (and disagreeable) enough to stand up to this shit. We're not gonna be the majority. We're going against too many norms.

Where does that get us? If we keep sliding into this weird Orwellian wad of shit why do we care that we avoided conflict? Will what we have when it's over be worth it? I'm watching people bend over backwards to accommodate things that offend me as a free citizen. And it's nothing to them. I am well aware of the distance between them and me and it makes me sad. If this whole thing teaches us anything it's that it's going to be increasingly important in the future to teach logic, avoidance of herd conformity, historical perspective, and independence of thought to future generations.

Elon Musk stated in a recent interview that basically the reaction to Coronavirus has reduced his faith in humanity as a whole. I can't agree more. I can write 25 pages on points, percentages, psychology, et, al, ect, but the fact of the matter is that America is a country that does not recognize or endorse pattern recognition, we are a country that simply bows to hierarchal authority and make it work by any means necessary.

Disregard the fact that I can google that Fauci totally mishandled AIDS (whatever it may be I wasn't alive, but other people were alive), has never done anything right really in his whole career, he is a doctor who holds a high position in the US government and this makes anything he says more important than what I say. Let alone I've been screaming bloody murder since March and April and right about everything, with the help of this board, but objectively right about everything, Fauci has been right about nothing, probably had money hedged in the great crash in March based on his facial features and emotions during those press conferences where he was thinking, "Holy shit they bought it!" and rubbing his head like a megalomaniac, I would be too if I had $3,000,000 invested knowing that it was about to go up 100x based upon his press conference.

Again though, what do I know, I'm just a professional engineer, meaning I have NO understanding of cell biology, epidemiology, or general critical thinking and application abilities. He's a doctor, and I need to shut up lol. Meanwhile our GDP slides 35% and we print 4 trillion dollars to create an unemployed master class getting $600 / week and I'm supposed to smile and take it and say, yeah, I want to have children in this system.

The problem is America is a sterile, linear, uncreative culture AND THAT'S HOW people want it. So I mean...... I suppose we just have to deal with general economic deterioration for the next three years, or as CNN says, we will "NEVER GO BACK TO NORMAL" and I'm supposed to carry on lol. Vaccines, cfrs, papers, doctors, science, none of this shit matters. What matters is Americans willingly gave up their freedoms upon baseless whispers of fear and they will do so at the drop of a hat or tiny nudge from any person in a position of authority henceforth into the future.

C'est la vie. God have mercy upon us.

This is what they want: https://twitter.com/i/status/1312212387953471494

Poor little things don't know how clear this picture is.
    I have to wonder how many of these people are so fucking high that they don’t remember how they got to the protest, much less what they’re even protesting. This lady looks like she dropped one tab too many.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Perhaps, if he wasn’t being “treated” at Walter Reed.

The last thing I would have done, given his situation, the political climate, and the level of antagonism and hostility in Congress, the Pentagon, and Langley, is check into a military hospital. I mean, he knows enough to spend weekends at his private property in Bedminster instead of being surveilled at Camp David.

In other news, the half-retarded premier of the People’s Republic of Virginia, Chairman Northam, and his wife are also “positive.” Here was a guy that would don a full-body condom if the visuals warranted it. This thing does what it wants it seems, regardless of how much “the science” wants us to believe otherwise.
    He’s fine. Did you see his Twitter post? He basically talked non-stop for 3-4 minutes.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by dbm77 View Post
    What matters is Americans willingly gave up their freedoms upon baseless whispers of fear and they will do so at the drop of a hat or tiny nudge from any person in a position of authority henceforth into the future.
    As I said 6 months ago, we failed the test. We are now a cherry to be picked.