starting strength gym
Page 687 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 18758763767768568668768868969773778711871687 ... LastLast
Results 6,861 to 6,870 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Man, if Trump gets over it before they can use it to martyr Biden to the Harris presidency...
    It looks like he is going to. Heard on the news today he could go back to the White House as early as Monday. POTUS is kicking Covid's behind!

Democracy Muzzled, by Peter Hitchens

Those who think this is scaremongering need to read an astonishing document still far too little known to the general public. It is a paper submitted to the government’s own SAGE committee on 22 March 2020, and it has the heading “Persuasion”. The key segment reads:

"Perceived threat: A substantial number of people still do not feel sufficiently personally threatened; it could be that they are reassured by the low death rate in their demographic group, although levels of concern may be rising. Having a good understanding of the risk has been found to be positively associated with adoption of Covid-19 social distancing measures in Hong Kong. The perceived level of personal threat needs to be increased among those who are complacent [my emphasis], using hard-hitting emotional messaging. To be effective this must also empower people by making clear the actions they can take to reduce the threat."

Documents of this kind are not supposed to get out. In better times than these, with active and critical media, this particular passage — with its clear implication that it was the task of the state to scare us into compliance — might have led to the fall of the government. As it is, you will struggle to find mentions of it in the British national press. They are there, but they are hard to find and not on any daily front pages. This is not because of censorship or because of any kind of collective action.

It is because most people, having lived all their lives in relaxed freedom, are quite unable to believe what is in front of their eyes. It is a Chestertonian paradox which Chesterton himself never wrote: a government changing the nature of the state successfully and without opposition because nobody can believe what they are seeing, and so everybody politely ignores it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    I think this is the first instance of “Chestertonian paradox” on this board. Differs from the Overton window in that it is not an unconscious shift, but rather overt and ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Peter’s brother, Christopher, was far more intelligent. It’s a shame he’s still not alive to take down his brother and the rest of these assholes. Although, admittedly, just when I thought I knew what Christopher Hitchens would say or think, he’d take the contrarian view.

Shit. I misread the quoted passage thinking Peter was advocating for the fear mongering. I read the full article and put in the proper context, it makes a lot more sense. Christopher was still the more enlightened brother. :-)

This is a very brutal assessment of the racial situation in the Democrat cities: This is heartbreaking… ‘My nephew was just murdered in cold blood’ – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is a very brutal assessment of the racial situation in the Democrat cities
    This is the FBI's newly released 2019 national murder data by race. 13% commit 55%. Presumably this is because "racism", hence the 500 billion dollars.

https://twitter.com/WhlteHovse/statu...445764610?s=20

This is a very brutal assessment of the racial situation in the Democrat cities: This is heartbreaking… ‘My nephew was just murdered in cold blood’ – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

If we are social animals, as we seem to be, how are we ever going to escape group think and mob rule? It seems like the “coolness” factor is so important in us humans. It is obvious that young innocent black men get killed in “their” streets by other blacks. BLM and everyone know this, but that is not cool. Rioting and looting are cool, music that promotes violence and sexual harassment is cool. Functional training is cool, baggy pants are cool, and so on. We do stupid stuff to fit in, we will wear mask to fit in, we even kill people to fit in. Us humans will do whatever it takes to fit in. Is the next evolution in humans going from social beings to anti-social beings, aka psychopaths? It seems like a human nature dilemma.

Why is this even in the news? I thought as long as the police didn't do it, it was OK.

starting strength coach development program
    This is in Troy, NY (population of 50,000), and home of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institution? WTF! Today's crime stats there don't jive with my memories of Troy from decades ago. I don't even want to know how progress has changed RPI.

Back to the scamdemic...I stumbled on this quote from a July article by Gary D Barnett entitled The Covid Set-Up Is Now Fully in Play as CDC Outlines Plan for Death:
    This is the most dangerous time in the history of man. The seriousness of this plot cannot be underestimated. It is not due to any threat of conventional war, and it is not due to any threat of nuclear decimation, it is based on the fact that this is a psychological war waged by psychopaths against all mankind, and it is being advanced by a small group of monsters that have taken control of the minds of the masses through long-term indoctrination and policies meant to breed dependency. Fear is the new weapon of mass destruction, not because it is legitimate, but because the people have lost all will to be free, have lost all ability to think, and seek shelter and comfort as a collective herd only capable of existence in a society that is based on totalitarian rule.
    The following attorney lays out a solid case for his law suit for Crimes Against Humanity

He explains that 12 years ago, "they" changed the criteria for a pandemic so that it no longer required many deaths. He then goes into the fraud known as the PCR test and the players behind it all. It's long so only for people like me whose business has been destroyed by this economic take-down.

Personally, I can't stomach any more "measured" analysis / justifications from "grounded" professionals here who apparently still have a thriving business (or job). I'm pissed off beyond measure. Fortunately, we still have plenty of weights and food here so something constructive can be made with this energy.