starting strength gym
Page 690 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 19059064068068868969069169270074079011901690 ... LastLast
Results 6,891 to 6,900 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    And if we really think about it, the United States government doesn't own the land either. A simple image search of the term "Aztlan" will give you all of the information you need.

The Mexican people were forced to relocate from Aztlan in the north to Mexico City, because of a prolonged several hundred year period of drought, culminating in a 30 year Great Drought 800 years ago.
    So, Texas, California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Oregon, Idaho, New Mexico, Arizona, Wyoming, Oklahoma and Nebraska actually belong to the government of the People's Republic of Mexico.
    If we think about it even more, the land actually belongs to the global communist government.
    Viva la AntiFa Reconquista!

This is an interesting thread because I haven’t seen the viewpoint you guys have be so clearly articulated anywhere else. Maybe I’m just in a bubble. I’ve read about 50 pages of this thread so please forgive me if the questions I’m about to ask have been addressed elsewhere. It seems like you guys want Americans (of which I’m one, though living as an expat) to defy government regulations, and Americans should choose to defy the govt after rationally evaluating the science surrounding COVID. It also seems though that you guys favor a system of government which doesn’t fund public institutions—like public schools. Do you see a contradiction there? No doubt public education in the U.S. sucks, but at least in theory it could be good. How do you expect huge masses of people to learn to read and understand scientific papers if there’s no public education system?

I’m also perplexed by y’all’s support for big business and small businesses. Isn’t it clear that the worst enemy of small business is big business? Liberals may want to regulate small businesses more than you like, but people on the right want big businesses to grow so big that there aren’t any small businesses. Unless you guys are strongly in favor of anti-trust regulations, it seems like you’re getting hoisted by your own petard. There’s a portion of the left which wants to do away with all businesses, but that’s a pretty radical fringe. Most liberals love small businesses.

It’s also the case that the media conglomerations you guys are railing against are winning in part because big concentrations of capital—private equity firms especially—are killing off local and independent news outlets. How do you guys expect there to be some kind of mass uprising if there aren’t restrictions on big businesses gobbling up and killing off local news?

Finally, you guys have talked a lot about how COVID isn’t deadly for the vast majority of the population. But I haven’t seen y’all acknowledge that the people who COVID is deadliest for make up Trump’s biggest base of support. No doubt Democrats, Cuomo especially, have been terrible for seniors. You’ll get no argument from me that Democrats are good guys. But I don’t see how it’s not terribly obtuse to expect seniors to support Donald Trump when he’s done as little as possible to contain a virus which could kill them. It seems to me that even if I accept your premises, you guys are being terribly unrealistic.

One other thing I'd challenge you guys on is your claim that you're taking the position you're taking because "in the big picture" it's not worth shutting down the economy for 200k deaths (if those numbers are correct). I don't get the feeling though that you'd change your positions if we were going to have 2 million deaths instead. It seems like the numbers are a rationalization and that you'd never agree to a shutdown or other measures for any period of time.

Finish getting caught up, then we'll talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Finish getting caught up, then we'll talk.
    That response speaks for itself. Lol.

If you guys weren't so repetitive I'd be inclined to read more. I'd be surprised if anyone said anything new in the next 20 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Abraham View Post
    This is an interesting thread because I haven’t seen the viewpoint you guys have be so clearly articulated anywhere else. Maybe I’m just in a bubble. I’ve read about 50 pages of this thread so please forgive me if the questions I’m about to ask have been addressed elsewhere. It seems like you guys want Americans (of which I’m one, though living as an expat) to defy government regulations, and Americans should choose to defy the govt after rationally evaluating the science surrounding COVID. It also seems though that you guys favor a system of government which doesn’t fund public institutions—like public schools. Do you see a contradiction there? No doubt public education in the U.S. sucks, but at least in theory it could be good. How do you expect huge masses of people to learn to read and understand scientific papers if there’s no public education system?

I’m also perplexed by y’all’s support for big business and small businesses. Isn’t it clear that the worst enemy of small business is big business? Liberals may want to regulate small businesses more than you like, but people on the right want big businesses to grow so big that there aren’t any small businesses. Unless you guys are strongly in favor of anti-trust regulations, it seems like you’re getting hoisted by your own petard. There’s a portion of the left which wants to do away with all businesses, but that’s a pretty radical fringe. Most liberals love small businesses.

It’s also the case that the media conglomerations you guys are railing against are winning in part because big concentrations of capital—private equity firms especially—are killing off local and independent news outlets. How do you guys expect there to be some kind of mass uprising if there aren’t restrictions on big businesses gobbling up and killing off local news?

Finally, you guys have talked a lot about how COVID isn’t deadly for the vast majority of the population. But I haven’t seen y’all acknowledge that the people who COVID is deadliest for make up Trump’s biggest base of support. No doubt Democrats, Cuomo especially, have been terrible for seniors. You’ll get no argument from me that Democrats are good guys. But I don’t see how it’s not terribly obtuse to expect seniors to support Donald Trump when he’s done as little as possible to contain a virus which could kill them. It seems to me that even if I accept your premises, you guys are being terribly unrealistic.

One other thing I'd challenge you guys on is your claim that you're taking the position you're taking because "in the big picture" it's not worth shutting down the economy for 200k deaths (if those numbers are correct). I don't get the feeling though that you'd change your positions if we were going to have 2 million deaths instead. It seems like the numbers are a rationalization and that you'd never agree to a shutdown or other measures for any period of time.
    YDRTFT.

This statement, from Cuomo’s spokesperson, regarding Regal Cinemas announcement about closing 500 theaters nationwide and partially blaming Cuomo for offering no time-table for them to re-open:

Rich Azzopardi, a spokesperson from the governor’s office, released the following statement regarding movie theaters reopening in New York: "We’re moving heaven and earth trying to stop a second wave and people need to acknowledge that we’re still in a pandemic and start to act like it. We understand some people are unhappy, but you know what, better unhappy than sick or worse."
    Guess we’d better get in line and shut up.

Most liberals love small businesses.
    I gave you a chance but I had to stop right there. Couldn't stand to read another word.

If you guys weren't so repetitive I'd be inclined to read more. I'd be surprised if anyone said anything new in the next 20 pages.
    See, this is why you need to finish reading. New shit is said every day. But inane shit like
    "It’s also the case that the media conglomerations you guys are railing against are winning in part because big concentrations of capital—private equity firms especially—are killing off local and independent news outlets."
    makes me think you're a leftist and therefore ineligible to participate.

Ah yes, the jig is up.

As a southerner, I saw right through your use of “y’all.”

Nice try though.

starting strength coach development program
    He thinks he's buttering up us good ole boys.