starting strength gym
Page 704 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 20460465469470270370470570671475480412041704 ... LastLast
Results 7,031 to 7,040 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Abraham View Post
    Here are a few things I could use help understsanding. Why, if you guys are so sure you disagree with the left, do you so often show videos which have no context? We don't know who those people dancing are. We don't know if they're Americans. We don't know if it was staged as satire for a movie. You guys show videos of protests all the time but those protests are so small that most Americans don't even know about them. People on the left do make their names known and publicly state what they think. They publish pieces in magazines. And I'm not talking about liberals. Why, if that's the case, do you guys instead post 30-second video clips without context? It feels like that's a good way to mislead yourself.

I also could use help understanding why Mark bemoans the decline of independent media but quotes Citizen Free Press all the time. We don't know who funds or owns Citizen Free Press. We have no idea how independent they are. It's the most opaque media organization out there. It's also funny to see him call Fox News, which is at the heart of corporate media, "independent media". For all you know, Citizen Free Press is controlled by some of the same people who control Fox News.

Finally, I could also use help understanding stuff like this:

Do you guys accept Mark's analysis Biden is "fucked"? This is emblematic of the analysis on this thread. Biden and Democrats are way ahead in every poll in the country. Campaign's third quarter FEC reports came out recently and Republicans are way behind in terms of fundraising (‘Green tsunami’: Inside Senate Republicans’ financial freak-out - POLITICO). But Biden is fucked because of what you saw on a short video clip with no context? It'll be very interesting to watch y'all's reactions to the election results.
    An amazing post. Not a single factually correct statement in the whole goddamn thing, yet this passes for effectiveness in the Left. Say it, and it's suddenly true.

Do you guys accept Mark's analysis Biden is "fucked"? This is emblematic of the analysis on this thread. Biden and Democrats are way ahead in every poll in the country. Campaign's third quarter FEC reports came out recently and Republicans are way behind in terms of fundraising (‘Green tsunami’: Inside Senate Republicans’ financial freak-out - POLITICO). But Biden is fucked because of what you saw on a short video clip with no context? It'll be very interesting to watch y'all's reactions to the election results.
    I mean, Hillary out-fundraised Trump before. Doesn't really matter, he doesn't need to buy ad space to get people's attention. The polls are a curious phenomenon, as again, leading up to the last one, Hillary was beating Trump in polls. I think the truth is likely Trump voters are more disposed to not give pollsters anything. Based just on what I've seen around me, there isn't a huge wave of enthusiasm for Joe Biden. I certainly don't see many Trump voters who are likely to flip, other than a couple of internet weirdos who believed the media that Trump was gonna be Hitler the first time around AND actually voted for him because they wanted that. Some of those people seem to be jumping ship. I know at least one guy who didn't vote for him the first time that will this time...me. I don't think Biden is necessarily "fucked", I think it will depend a lot on election-gaming hijinks. Of course, the places they're best able to pull that stuff are usually areas they already win, so it might not be as big a factor. I predict overall it'll go a lot like the last one. Trump will lose in the huge vote-farm population centers and thus the popular vote, but the rest of the country the status quo until recently has neglected will go for him and win him the electoral vote. Maybe there'll be some surprises. Some people think some blue areas are gonna turn red after the avalanche of bullshit this year has been. I tend to think people are way too opinionated in general for big changes like that.

Biden and Democrats are way ahead in every poll in the country.
    Do you actually believe your lies or are you another missionary trying to convert people to your religion?

This is the only poll that was correct in the 2016 elections. They again predict a Republican and a Trump win:

Poll Which Correctly Called 2016 Election Sees Another "Shocking" Outcome In November | Zero Hedge

I also could use help understanding why Mark bemoans the decline of independent media but quotes Citizen Free Press all the time.

Do you guys accept Mark's analysis Biden is "fucked"?
    This is one of the more transparent and pathetic attempts to talk past Rippetoe and separate him from the rest of the posters here.

Not unlike the feeble and unsuccessful attempts by the MSM and punditry to do the same with Trump and his base.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Your prediction in this thread many pages ago of a trump blowout....Hope it comes true.
    Two things on that:

Why Doesn’t It Feel Like Biden is Winning? '-' American Greatness

Gallup poll: Majority of Americans believe Trump will win November election

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Then why do the Leftists/Democrats always seek the power to control our behavior?

The underpinning assumptions of postmodernism are nihilistic. They don't believe anything is real. So they honestly believe the ends justify the means, with a vengeance. This is the reason why they use ridiculous arguments, rhetoric, and misrepresentations that don't make sense. They don't believe anything is true. But ask them why they think the future created by lies and power plays would be a good place to live. They haven't thought that far ahead.

This is a quote from R scott clark, "They perceive that unjust authorities are attempting to impose an unjust system, which is merely a series of conventions, essentially a conspiracy, upon them. This is why young people, who have apparently never been told no in their lives, can only scream when police officers take them into custody. They cannot believe that there are no actual limits to their choices and when limits are imposed they are rejected as unjust."

And I understand that not all cases are the same but critical race theory and intersectionality according to stephen hicks are bound up in postmodernism.

There are some who here (and all over) that continue to wring their hands over the polls. It's as if nobody recalls 2016. Fascinating.

Here are a few things I could use help understsanding. Why, if you guys are so sure you disagree with the left, do you so often show videos which have no context?
    Ah, the old move the goal post routine. You started out asserting we didn't know what leftists and liberals think, what their views actually are and then moved to "why are you posting all these links I disagree with!" Noice.

We don't know who those people dancing are. We don't know if they're Americans. We don't know if it was staged as satire for a movie.
    No, you don't know. I, on the other hand, am perfectly capable of tracing the tweet back to the original poster and then googling and reading about it. I then use that information to decide how much I want to make fun of that crap. It sounds to me like you are less curious about why we do a thing and more lacking in logic and research skills. It's a prom in the Czech Republic, by the way. But any future context you need to learn to provide on your own- gotta grow up sometime. If you need help with that the Critical Thinking Co. puts out some excellent curriculum materials including a Red Herring series that's pretty easy to use.

I also could use help understanding why Mark bemoans the decline of independent media but quotes Citizen Free Press all the time.
    Because two things can be at once. The independent media is declining and sometimes outlets publish things we're interested in. "OMG why does Mark post links to stuff he likes on his own site!?" Is not a thing anyone should have to address with you. You are basically whining that people aren't using sources you approve of as though your opinions are objective.

Biden and Democrats are way ahead in every poll in the country.
    I'm sorry, how old are you? Do you recall 2016 at all? How far ahead was Hillary polling? Clinton far ahead in Electoral College race: Reuters/Ipsos poll | Reuters How's that? Is Reuters an acceptable source? Does it have the context you need?
    I don't know if Biden's fucked. I think an empty event is a pretty bad sign. But we don't know yet, do we?

Ok, this was fun but I gotta go feed my pig now.

Here are a few things I could use help understsanding. Why, if you guys are so sure you disagree with the left, do you so often show videos which have no context? We don't know who those people dancing are. We don't know if they're Americans. We don't know if it was staged as satire for a movie. You guys show videos of protests all the time but those protests are so small that most Americans don't even know about them. People on the left do make their names known and publicly state what they think. They publish pieces in magazines. And I'm not talking about liberals. Why, if that's the case, do you guys instead post 30-second video clips without context? It feels like that's a good way to mislead yourself.

I also could use help understanding why Mark bemoans the decline of independent media but quotes Citizen Free Press all the time. We don't know who funds or owns Citizen Free Press. We have no idea how independent they are. It's the most opaque media organization out there. It's also funny to see him call Fox News, which is at the heart of corporate media, "independent media". For all you know, Citizen Free Press is controlled by some of the same people who control Fox News.

Finally, I could also use help understanding stuff like this:

The fallacy of appealing to authority got covered in the first couple dozen pages of this thread. The failure of every doomsday model and nearly every major news network has dropped the media and scientific establishments to the level of QAnon/conspiracy theory in a lot of people's books.

People post things anonymously because they don't want to get smeared by the MSM. Look what happened to that the scientists who spoke against the lockdowns, the Owosso, MI barber, the lady who cut Pelosi's hair, Rittenhouse, etc. There's a huge disincentive to attaching your name to something that disagrees with The Narrative, and this phenomenon is entirely the media's own fault.

If you think that most Americans aren't aware of the protests and their connection to the Democrats....idk man. I think you may have to take a hard look in the mirror and ask yourself if you aren't actually the one who's living in an echo chamber.

starting strength coach development program
    October surprise ?

Benghazi Whistleblower explains what is Coming!

tldnr: They have recordings and documentation of everything on Benghazi. They just gave it all to EVERY media outlet and an unnamed Senator. He says it's treason and a massive cover-up.