starting strength gym
Page 706 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 20660665669670470570670770871675680612061706 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,060 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Closing schools could INCREASE Covid death toll and herd immunity could save more lives strict lockdowns, study suggests

More articles like these will be trickling into more mainstream media.
    It really does appear that the backtrackings are in anticipation to the reckoning that will be!

Quote Originally Posted by bendy-legs View Post
    The underpinning assumptions of postmodernism are nihilistic. They don't believe anything is real. So they honestly believe the ends justify the means, with a vengeance. This is the reason why they use ridiculous arguments, rhetoric, and misrepresentations that don't make sense. They don't believe anything is true. But ask them why they think the future created by lies and power plays would be a good place to live. They haven't thought that far ahead.

This is a quote from R scott clark, "They perceive that unjust authorities are attempting to impose an unjust system, which is merely a series of conventions, essentially a conspiracy, upon them. This is why young people, who have apparently never been told no in their lives, can only scream when police officers take them into custody. They cannot believe that there are no actual limits to their choices and when limits are imposed they are rejected as unjust."

And I understand that not all cases are the same but critical race theory and intersectionality according to stephen hicks are bound up in postmodernism.
    Greatly explained. I think most leftist would agree the ends justify the means. They simply do not think they should play by the rules that a "small elite of rich conservatives" are making. There can be a lot written as to why the left acts the way they do and as stated above, each case is unique. As a rule though, the left draws people that want instant gratification to whatever it is they are feeling. If cops are the bad guys this month, then "we better get our police reform now"! "If we don't, we will destroy your corrupt system" kinda thing. So they use government when they can, and when they can't, they get into temper-tantrum.

There can be an even larger discussion as to why the left always gets stuck with some of the best dictators and murderers. I am not convinced that leftism creates these people, I tend to think the left draws these people to it. I don't think we throw the baby out with the bath water, but the left has to be careful as to who they allow in. They are, in my opinion, much more susceptible to power hungry people like sociopaths, narcissists, and in some cases strait up psychos. There is a big difference between a Harris/Newsom/ Clinton and a Chomsky/Slavoj Zizek. Much like the difference between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. This does not leave Trump out of the loop either. From everything that I have seen and from those I trust in the field, if Trump feels backed up into a corner, November could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Spicka View Post
    I believe that "progressive" would be a better name or maybe the "New Left".
    Is cosmopolitanism our destiny? - UnHerd[0]=18743&tl_period_type=3

I don't agree with all of this article but I think cosmopolitanism captures it

Just thinking about all the news telling us how many around the Whitehouse had tested positive, but no follow up on what happened to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    October surprise ?

Benghazi Whistleblower explains what is Coming!

tldnr: They have recordings and documentation of everything on Benghazi. They just gave it all to EVERY media outlet and an unnamed Senator. He says it's treason and a massive cover-up.
    For those who are interested, more indepth info: Whistleblower Drops HARD Evidence, Biden, Obama, Hillary EXECUTED Seal Team 6, Audio Proof

Michael Moore (Truepundit.com) broke all this 2 years ago with his book PAINE: How We Dismantled the FBI In Our Pajamas Paperback – October 26, 2018

It seems Trump held this until now. Trump retweeted this today:
    Hiden Biden and Obama may have had Seal Team 6 killed! EXPLOSIVE: CIA Whistleblower Exposes Biden’s Alleged Role with the Deaths of Seal Team- Claims to have Documented Proof. RETWEET!!!
    EXPLOSIVE: UPDATE- CIA Whistleblower Exposes Biden’s Alleged Role with the Deaths of Seal Team- Claims to have Documented Proof
    I hate how these things are held until the "right time". However, I didn't put my billions and family on the line to run for President...so popcorn it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Abraham View Post
    Let's focus on something that can be verified, allegedly. I said we don't know the context of the video. You said that you did research and it's from a prom in the Czech Republic. What's your source for that? Who told you that it's video of a prom in the Czech Republic?
    Right. Generate more paperwork for me. In Leftist Land, this constitutes a refutation.

Thanks for the links. Will read.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Manhattan View Post
    There are some who here (and all over) that continue to wring their hands over the polls. It's as if nobody recalls 2016. Fascinating.
    I don't think you're necessarily calling on me here, but I simply pointed out that Rasmussen, far from a lefty organization, has Biden ahead in it's polling. I found it odd. What I don't find odd is that I see thousands at Trump rallys, and I just don't see the same for Biden rallies. I'd think if there were THOUSANDS, we'd see it.

One thing I don't know is how they conduct the polling. I'd rather see a poll that says, "on average, candidate X is 3 points ahead in each state". Quite frankly, it doesn't matter if 90% of a state is going to vote for a particular candidate....to the extent that that state will give X number of electoral votes. That could be skewing the poll results...maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Right. Generate more paperwork for me. In Leftist Land, this constitutes a refutation.
    I don't know, Coach, I think he knows it's not a refutation, it's just how he's gotten along in life and probably school. Trying to make others do his work for him under the guise of calling for proof instead of seeking his own answers for his own satisfaction. What I do find interesting and telling is his constant appeal to authority. It's not ok for someone to say what they think (as in the case of bendy-legs's evaluation) the poster must offer sources that HE deems acceptable. He wants to know what our betters have to say about it because that's what matters. Any of the "prominent leftists" he wants cited, whether they agree with our assessment or not, are just people like us with their own views and opinions but their quote would count more. It's a kind of band-wagon mentality and stomach churning if you think about it too long. (Stomach churning because of its implications.)

Let's focus on something that can be verified, allegedly. I said we don't know the context of the video. You said that you did research and it's from a prom in the Czech Republic. What's your source for that? Who told you that it's video of a prom in the Czech Republic?
    Why the quibble?

The twitter comment is at least in part accurate; whatever it is, happened in Czechia. A Czech guy verified this for me; identified the music as well as translating the language, noting as an aside that the kids look Czech.

Do not know if it was a prom. Possibly some sort of exercise at a dance school, not necessarily covid related. Say, an exercise in blindly following each others footsteps.

starting strength coach development program
    This is a great example of what I'm talking about. bendy-legs says a lot about what "they" are like and how they are in the broadest terms, all the while never quoting anyone. If you had to quote an argument from a prominent leftist, I don't think you could say what you're saying.
    I like verbatim quotes from prominent leftist leaders:

"I am a proud democrat running for the senate" - Biden 2020