starting strength gym
Page 708 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 20860865869870670770870971071875880812081708 ... LastLast
Results 7,071 to 7,080 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Mike Moore (truepundit.com) could probably answer that question for you. The FBI ruined his life because he dug into this. These whistleblowers are some courageous people.

Notice how none of the authorized MSM will touch this...that should be a clue right there for you. The other clue is that Trump retweeted it; despite the MSM's portrayal of Trump, the truth is...he's rarely wrong about things like this. He knows things.

This video from 2013 of Charles Strange (father of Seal Team 6 member, Michael Strange) will make this very real: SEAL Team SIX - Charles Strange - Extortion 17

I like this guy. 7 years ago, he asked us civilians for help in getting to the bottom of this. So, I appreciate that Rip/Stef allow this info to be posted here.

David A Rowe...can you comment on this? I understand if you can't. You think Alan Parrot is the real thing?
    I will say that the reality is not at all like you imagine. It's difficult to relate what it's like when those things that these men have done and still do is your every day job. When you do things people can't imagine 16-20 hours a day for months. I can't relate to you what it feels like to spend a few days breaking down all the equipment and vehicles and hopping a C-17 flight back stateside. You pop in and out of two worlds that couldn't be more different like changing hats. After a while... downrange feels more like home than iPhones and top songs on the radio. You see a little more in common with the Taliban fighter who's your mortal enemy than the average American who just wants to mash the dopamine button. You can't help but respect him more, too.

Now, two decades later, I both want the president to secure the mission and redeploy everyone home... and I can't let go of the fact that the names on my arm are there solely because they were men who chose a hard path. That their government and country don't deserve them. Just like Jake. Imagine if two 8 year administrations had done what needed to be done. If we had been set loose to annihilate our enemies and built more schools. How many classes could have graduated with some education and skills? If the Taliban were truly gone and Afghans could generate their own wealth?

I don't know if the SEALs were sold out. I don't know if OBL is dead. I don't know if any of this constitutes the facts... the ground truth of what happened. All I know is that they aren't coming back, and we have more pressing concerns. And they wouldn't want us worried about them instead of the task at hand.

You see, Patrick Abraham,

I don't really give a shit whether this was a prom dance and what country this video was taken in. If it was staged, what it represents is sad. If it was real, then it is devestatingly even more sad. In truth, whether it was staged or was real is besides the point. The issue is what it represents as society in particular and where we are currently standing as civilization as a whole. This is what i am pretty sure Rip was referring to when he wrote "I hope you all realize that this is far FAR more than merely silliness".

When an organization/minority of people can deconstruct the entire social fabric of civilization as we know it and attempt to recreate a new social fabric in their own image, then I start to get worried. When people, even smart people, just follow along without questioning "why are we doing what we are doing, does it actually make sense?", then I start to get even more worried.

We have seen such a phenomena not so long ago, in fact my Grandmother was actually in one of their camps. What happens if the WHO decides that a certain group of people are Super Spreaders (and that could be anyone that is a threat to their new order, or one that questions "the science") and the only way to save civilization is to eradicate them. Would people blindly follow and do their bidding? They are only "following orders" after all. This might sound like an extreme and exaggerated idea, but without critically thinking and just following mindlessly "the science," such a phenomena is possible. We have many examples of this in history -- even our recent history.

I found this interesting article that might shed a little light behind my thought process.

The Covidian Cult – Consent Factory, Inc.

The Covidian Cult – Consent Factory, Inc.

Eight months later, here we are. The Head of the Health Emergencies Program at the WHO has basically confirmed an IFR of 0.14%, approximately the same as the seasonal flu. And here are the latest survival rate estimates from the Center for Disease Control:

Age 0-19 … 99.997%
    Age 20-49 … 99.98%
    Age 50-69 … 99.5%
    Age 70+ … 94.6%
    This seems important. So does this:

CDC Study Finds Overwhelming Majority Of People Getting Coronavirus Wore Masks

A Centers for Disease Control report released in September shows that masks and face coverings are not effective in preventing the spread of COVID-19, even for those people who consistently wear them.

A study conducted in the United States in July found that when they compared 154 “case-patients,” who tested positive for COVID-19, to a control group of 160 participants from the same health care facility who were symptomatic but tested negative, over 70 percent of the case-patients were contaminated with the virus and fell ill despite “always” wearing a mask.

“In the 14 days before illness onset, 71% of case-patients and 74% of control participants reported always using cloth face coverings or other mask types when in public,” the report stated.

In addition, over 14 percent of the case-patients said they “often” wore a face covering and were still infected with the virus. The study also demonstrates that under 4 percent of the case-patients became sick with the virus even though they “never” wore a mask or face covering.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    How about if you tell us how you'd like for things to be? Tell us what would happen if you were in charge.
    So really I think the problem is that so few people are in charge, and I don’t think the world would be incredibly better if just I was in charge. I’m also not so arrogant as to believe I have all the answers. There are directions I think we should move in, mostly to make the country less polarized and more democratic, and after we do those, we could see if we’re comfortable going further. So, if I had my way I’d make these reforms:

Election reforms:

—automatic and universal voter registration (including enfranchisement of ex-felons and the currently incarcerated)

—legalize fusion voting in order to encourage third parties

—make election day a Saturday or Sunday, or both

—standardize election procedures nationwide so there aren’t 50 different systems

—add polling locations and make sure there are paper backups to votes

—in some way eliminate or reduce the effect of the electoral college so there are more than 12 swing states

—make it so that every citizen can vote for representation in Congress and for President; if that means adding D.C. and Puerto Rico as states, then that’s the way it is

—make all primaries open

—use ranked voting to eliminate the need for runoffs
    —create single-state “mega-districts” to allow for multimember districts with proportional representation instead of representation based on winner-take-all districts

—move inauguration day closer to election day (if you lose in the UK you get kicked out the day after the election)

—make it so that all campaign spending laws which apply to unions also apply to corporations
—create “democracy vouchers” so everyone has, say, $200 to donate to candidates during campaigns

Congressional reforms:

—eliminate the filibuster

—increase funding for politicians’ staff so research and constituent services aren’t being conducted by sleep-deprived 20 year olds with a second job

—require politicians to record on a public, centralized website every advocacy meeting they have, plus copies all white papers, draft legislation, and written policy recommendations they receive
    —consider banning politicians from receiving compensation beyond their official salaries (for, say, speeches or travel), or, at the least, require politicians to disclose fully and publicly all compensation to minimize abuses

—expand and fully fund the Congressional Research Service

—eliminate blue slips for judicial nominees

—eliminate the rules which allow one-party rule of the House of Representatives (the “Hastert rule” especially

—make it so that only 35 or 40 reps have to agree in order for a bill to be given a floor vote in the House (currently 218 have to agree)

—abolish the fucking Senate, honestly; it’s an outdated House of Lords

—put cameras in Congress which show what’s going on in all parts of the chambers

Journalism reforms:

—create journalism vouchers in order to increase readership and diversity the marketplace of ideas; give everyone, say, $200 to spend on a newspaper of their choice (media outlets couldn’t receive vouches unless they received some minimum amount)

—periodicals in which less than 25 percent of their pages are made up of advertising should pay only 5 cents for postage for each of their first 300,000 copies sent to subscribers; there should then be a gradually increase from, say, 300,000 to 500,000 and onward

Judicial/justice system reforms:

—Term limits for federal judges (18 years sounds good)

—Have the president declare Marbury v. Madison was wrongly decided

—end cash bail for most crimes so people aren’t in jail just because they’re poor

—prosecute white collar and political crimes so it’s not just the powerless who suffer consequences

—put cameras in the Supreme Court

—legalize marijuana and expunge the records of everyone who’s been convicted

—release everyone who’s incarcerated due to marijuana possession
    --ban private prisons

Foreign relations:

—Congress must approve the use of all combat troops and cannot deploy those troops for an indefinite period of time

—train soldiers with barbells (naturally)

—end the practice of campaign donors becoming diplomats

—fully fund and support the State Department

Educational reforms:

—move away from schools being funded by property taxes so as to integrate society and stop, or at least mitigate, racial conflict

—fund all schools equally so there’s equality of opportunity; if we’re serious about everyone starting at the same place, we can’t disadvantage children
    —end common core

—end the use of the SAT

—all schooling from 3 years old to 6th grade would be based on the Montessori method

—fully fund professors instead of relying on adjuncts

—most professors would be employed based on their ability to teach and only minimally on what they publish

Social democratic reforms:

—some number of weeks of paid family leave so we don’t have the obscenity of mothers (and fathers) going to work when they should be bonding with their newborn

—some number of weeks of paid sick leave so employees aren’t coming into work sick

—expand social security so seniors can live with dignity

—universal health insurance disconnected from employment (I don’t care how you get there, but it’s got to be universal; I favor single-payer)

—make the minimum wage $18/hour and index it to inflation

—allow union members to unionize through a majority sign-up process

—allow the federal government to negotiate with drug companies and import drugs from Canada

--force the Fed to fulfill its dual mandate of (1) full employment (classified as 40/hours per week for everyone who wants to work that much) as well (2) checking inflation

Environmental reforms:

—end subsidies and tax breaks to fossil fuel companies so they have to compete on the free market

—protect wildlife and nature as much as possible without lowering our standard of living

—build out public transportation within cities and which connects cities like the U.S. govt built the highway system in the ‘50s

—force oil and gas operators to put aside money so that there’s money to seal wells when a project is finished

—create a moratorium on oil and gas drilling on public lands and protect national and state parks

Police reform:

—as much as possible make it so police deal only with violent crime; fund reasonable alternatives to deal with cats in trees

—criminalize police unions so as to increase civilian control over police departments

—criminalize the ability of anyone but the government to fund the police

—end the practice of military grade weapons being transferred to police departments

—get the police out of schools; other countries don’t have police in schools and we should be able to figure out how to do it too

Regulatory/misc. reforms:

—criminalize non-compete clauses for all but the most necessary cases
    —as much as possible criminalize the practice of mandatory arbitration for customers and employees

—have the FTC enact a rule against exclusive dealing and similar practices that monopolists use to block new rivals, handicap customers, and deprive customers of choice

—extend patents for artistic/literary works to the end of the author’s life or, if that happens within 30 years of the creation of the work, end the patent 30 years after the patent was filed

—end the practice of drug companies obtaining new patents for trivial reformulations of old drugs

—eliminate the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs

—have the FTC use simple market share and concentration thresholds to decide if a merger is legal; this would force businesses to grow through product improvement and investment instead of gobbling up competitors. A sensible rule which was used in the 1960s, a time of high growth, made it so that a merger was illegal if it created a firm which had more than 10% of market share

—consumers should have the right to repair products their bought either with independent repair shops or on their own

—criminalize the ability of governments at the state and local level to give private companies advance notice of FOIA requests

—Do what many inside the Department of Homeland Security are demanding and return its component departments to the agencies they were under before 2002 (the provocative, inflammatory way to say this is “Abolish ICE”)

—nationalize the credit card companies and reduce the fee customers have to pay to 0% in order to help small businesses; there’s a 3-5% private tax flowing from every retail business in America to VISA/Mastercard/AMEX.

Anyway, like I said before, there’s a lot you guys aren’t talking about. Watching you type the same shit over and over is like watching a weird religious community intoning something.

So, you're a Democrat?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Abraham View Post
    So really I think the problem is that so few people are in charge, and I don’t think the world would be incredibly better if just I was in charge. I’m also not so arrogant as to believe I have all the answers. There are directions I think we should move in, mostly to make the country less polarized and more democratic, and after we do those, we could see if we’re comfortable going further. So, if I had my way I’d make these reforms:

So I guess we can all be thankful you are not in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    So, you're a Democrat?
    I think your M.O. is labeling people so you don't have to think about things. And no, I'm not a Democrat. Sorry. I'm just someone interested in an agenda that would depolarize the country and get us out of the mess we're in.

"the mess we're in" is, imo, democratic collapse. That's what I don't want to see, and I think it's where we're headed unless some of the changes I mentioned happen.

Anthony Colpo is the best blogger you probably don’t know about. This is his third article on COVID-19. Worth your time.

COVID-19: How Social Distancing and Lockdowns are Destroying Lives – Anthony Colpo

starting strength coach development program
    I can't imagine being so self important that I would type out 4 million words on my entire political platform on an internet forum. Bravo to those that got through it.