starting strength gym
Page 714 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 21461466470471271371471571672476481412141714 ... LastLast
Results 7,131 to 7,140 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    From the Fucking Centers for Fucking Disease Control: COVID-19 Pandemic Planning Scenarios | CDC

Infection Fatality Ratio, Best Current Estimate: 0-19 years: 0.00003, 20-49 years: 0.0002, 50-69 years: 0.005, 70+ years: 0.054
    That’s a lot of zeroes.

Maybe the concern is that exponential growth will burn through those orders of magnitude like wildfire.

More likely the focus is specifically on R_0, and not IFR, where R_0 > 1 has created a media-induced hysteria-R_0 >> 1. No way out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Abraham View Post
    Wages aren't the only reason people choose jobs, despite what economists say. How many people do you know who chose their line of work solely on the basis of pay?
    Pretty much all the ones that make a metric shit-ton of money. Because that's what drove them to put in all the effort it takes to do that.

Being an EMT is a hell of a lot more interesting than working at Home Depot.
    Unless you like building things or helping people in a retail setting. And a lower stress environment. Or you pass out at the sight of blood. But, generalizations.

And if EMT companies have a tight labor market due to wages, they can raise their wages. A couple years ago there was a lot of bellyaching by business owners about not being able to find employees, and they could have solved their problem by just raising wages. I'm not familiar with EMTs specifically, but that's usually what's behind panic about tight labor markets--owners afraid their profit margins might be a little lower.
    Of course, just raise wages! Brilliant! In fact, you've inspired me to go switch my electricity provider to someone who will charge me twice what I'm paying now, because I need electricity and would love to pay more for the exact same fucking thing that I get by paying a lower amount.

Speaking of raising wages, remember that time McDonald's workers wanted to make more and some ended up being replaced by self-order kiosks? And speaking of Home Depot, I'm pretty sure every customer there checks out at the self-checkout aisle.

Yes, raising the cost of labor does wonders for the working class individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schexnayder View Post
    Of course, just raise wages! Brilliant! In fact, you've inspired me to go switch my electricity provider to someone who will charge me twice what I'm paying now, because I need electricity and would love to pay more for the exact same fucking thing that I get by paying a lower amount.

Speaking of raising wages, remember that time McDonald's workers wanted to make more and some ended up being replaced by self-order kiosks? And speaking of Home Depot, I'm pretty sure every customer there checks out at the self-checkout aisle.

Yes, raising the cost of labor does wonders for the working class individual.
    Maybe Patrick will watch the Tom Woods video. I suggest doing so, if he wants to post again.

The authors and maintainers of the GBD continue to impress.

The Fake Signature Canard | AIER

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schexnayder View Post
    Speaking of raising wages, remember that time McDonald's workers wanted to make more and some ended up being replaced by self-order kiosks?
    That’s one thing I’m grateful to the covid-hysteria for. Our kiosks are closed, because covid. The store was completely reconfigured to hide the cash register from people entering, and thus steer people to the self-serve kiosks. Perhaps to flatten the throughput curve. And now, they have been indecorously retired, each with a makeshift sign saying something like “use the register, for your safety”. The previous store layout was much more covid-friendly, with wide open counterspace. Now the cashier is jammed into the corner of a box, a sure mark for the Virus.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Now the cashier is jammed into the corner of a box, a sure mark for the Virus.
    The Science of The Virus says: COVID-19 Pandemic Planning Scenarios | CDC

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I keep wondering this about all the long post zealots that have sprung up worldwide during COVID. It’s pretty bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Tom Woods is excellent in slaying the covid hysteria here. Worth watching in full.
    It's almost as if you have had a well-funded, coordinated effort by foreign powers (China, Soros, Islam) and domestic organizations (Democratic Party, Media monopolies, Antifa, BLM) to conduct a Soviet-style ideological subversion campaign.

Hmmmm... I also wonder what he does for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Maybe Patrick will watch the Tom Woods video. I suggest doing so, if he wants to post again.
    The video is 47 minutes long. Is there anything specifically you'd like me to notice or comment on?

starting strength coach development program
    About the same length of time it took me to read your marxist drivel. Go away.