starting strength gym
Page 717 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 21761766770771571671771871972776781712171717 ... LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,170 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    That is almost a verbatim quote from the best-selling book Economics in One Lesson, which goes into great and painstaking detail explaining exactly how this principle applies specifically to economics. It was originally formulated by Frederic Bastiat about 160 years ago in his That Which is Seen, and That Which is Not Seen , and Hazlitt elaborated on it in great detail, with numerous examples, in Economics in One Lesson.

Patrick is a midwit mired in the depths of Dunning Kruger, so there'll be no convincing him. Hopefully everyone else here is enjoying a laugh at his expense, and if that's the case, his presence here won't have been a complete and utter waste.
    I mean absolutely no disrespect, but it is curious at how often these people are engaged with on this board. It always ends the same.

You say Trump is a liar, a conman, a fake Christian, and a sexual abuser. Fine. I don’t agree, but you have some reasons to say as much. You then say;

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Abraham View Post
    People like Woods aren’t much better either.
    You’ve watched one 47 minute video of Tom Woods and came up with that? Tom Woods is as principled as they come, in politics, and in his private life. Listen to some more Tom Woods; it would serve you well.

That is almost a verbatim quote from the best-selling book Economics in One Lesson

Yes, Tom Woody said that it in the video.

. . . which goes into great and painstaking detail explaining exactly how this principle applies specifically to economics. It was originally formulated by Frederic Bastiat about 160 years ago in his That Which is Seen, and That Which is Not Seen , and Hazlitt elaborated on it in great detail, with numerous examples, in Economics in One Lesson.

Patrick is a midwit mired in the depths of Dunning Kruger, so there'll be no convincing him. Hopefully everyone else here is enjoying a laugh at his expense, and if that's the case, his presence here won't have been a complete and utter waste.
    I don’t understand. Did you expect me to write a dissertation? Haven’t I gotten criticized enough for long posts? I’ve read a lot of economics, Wolf. I understand how people justify and rationalize the Classical view on the basis that in the long run it's good for everyone. A lot of very smart people disagree with that, and I didn't see a need to dissect Hazlitt. If you want to do that, though, we can. Moreover, what I've seen Rip say is that he doesn't give a shit if the economy is good for everyone or not. You can laugh at me for things I didn't do and don't believe, but ultimately you're the one unable to convince people to resist government mandates in regards to COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    If Trump is a conman and an all around bad guy, then I think you'd have to admit that Obama, Hillary, the Bushes, and dozens of other politicians are just as bad if not worse.

Yes, all of those politicians are pieces of shit. Thanks for giving me the chance to clear that up.

Whatever you think of all that, why has the media thrown Trump through the gauntlet while giving all these other politicians a pass?

I think the country’s changed a lot in the last 20 years. There is a lot of conservative media out there and they did not give Obama a pass. But besides that, things have become so ridiculously polarized that many outlets now are implicitly for or against the major parties.

Was Trump University categorically worse than Obama drone-striking a bunch of goat farmers in the Middle East?

No. I think drone strikes are far worse. For better or worse, people judge each other by what's already taken as a consensus to be bad. There's a debate over whether drone strikes are good or not, but there's no debate among Americans about whether it's okay to set up a fake university to scam people.

Joe Biden pretends he's Catholic, why can't Trump pretend he's Christian.

Trump can! He just needs to do a better job of acting. Actually, it’s probably too late now. But it’s not like he didn’t have a chance. In 2015 reporters sincerely asked him what his favorite Bible verses were and shit like that. When he couldn’t answer, it just became obvious he was bullshitting. 

Assuming the moral high ground while calling people on the board "unprincipled" is just crass hypocrisy.

Good thing I’m not doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by bendy-legs View Post
    But you neglected to respond to my post. I provided a bunch of primary sources proving that the democrats are communists who hate America. But you conveniently ignored my post.

Sorry. Getting caught up.

all the while never quoting anyone.

"We Are Trained Marxists" - Patrisse Cullors, Co-Founder, #BlackLivesMatter - YouTube The leaders of BLM are Marxists.

The thing is that BLM is a decentralized organization. The leaders may be Marxists but what decisions do they make? They're just figure heads. BLM is made up of independent “hubs” in major cities which share the goals of criminal justice reform and stopping police brutality, but they don’t coordinate with each other. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but there hasn’t been any nationally-coordinated campaign. There are campaigns and protests but there are no instructions from above. People just see on the news that a cop has killed an innocent person in their town and they take it upon themselves to protest. So what does it matter if “the leaders” of BLM are Marxists?

Intersectionality | Definition of Intersectionality by Merriam-Webster
    Intersectionality is a tool used by cultural Marxists, look it up.

I’m well aware of what intersectionality is. What are you saying about it?

Critical race theory (CRT), the view that the law and legal institutions are inherently racist and that race itself, instead of being biologically grounded and natural, is a socially constructed concept that is used by white people to further their economic and political interests at the expense of people of colour.

There are crazy and non-crazy versions of this. Here’s I think is the non-crazy version, which is what I think most liberals believe. People who group together will inevitably do things for the benefit of their group at the expense of people who are not in their group. So long as white people group together and are in charge of the major institutions in our society, they’ll, in ways sometimes subtle and sometimes overt, do things, sometimes without thinking, which tend to benefit white people at the expense of people who aren’t white. That just seems obvious for me. I assume that’s true for the ruling group of every country. If black people were in charge of most institutions in the U.S., they’d do things, sometimes unconsciously, which tended to benefit black people. This is why it’s important to integrate society instead of have de facto segregation.

From the Communist manifesto
    Abolition of the family! . . . Reflect briefly upon the trained Marxists above.

What you guys seem to not understand is that people pick and choose the parts of Marx they like and pretend the rest doesn’t exist. It’s like any religion. You just pick the parts you like, and pretend it’s the entirety of what the prophets said. And your detractors pick the parts they don’t like and pretend those parts are the entirety of what the prophets said. 

As for abolishing the nuclear family, it was popular 100 years ago but I don’t think anyone agrees with that today.

I am not convinced that leftism creates these people, I tend to think the left draws these people to it.

I think the younger generation in America is becoming leftist because they’re poor and have no prospects of moving out of their parents’ house. That’ll piss off most people to the point that they’ll change their political ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Over my dead body. You might can slip this in on these men but I homeschooled two kids, I know what the hell this would look like.

There’s not a Montessori-trained teacher out there that thinks they could pull off Montessori without training and in their own house with just two kids. AMI Montessori is all about structure, and there’s no way to pull off that structure in, say, a living room. When Montessori is done in the environment it’s supposed to be done in, it often works really really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi
    If only 10% of us decide it is time to do something about it, it will be more than enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wal
    Your country is in a digital civil war. Who needs weapons to take you folk over when your social and news media can skew the truth.
    Yes! ^^ This really is an information war. "Doing something about it" is....what is happening in this thread and elsewhere on the Internet?

General Flynn has amassed an army of digital soldiers that appears to be experiencing viral growth Internationally. The mainstream controls of information are losing this digital battle because of Flynn's army. It's why [They] couldn't bury Hunter Biden's laptop, for example. The threat is so credible that all the platforms deleted 100s of the best known truth journalist accounts today. Immediately. others take their place.

General Michael Flynn talking about army of digital soldiers (all youtubes of this speech have been deleted except this German translated one)

The events of the last three and a half years were not a scandal: they were a coup. A group of people in the government weaponized the alphabet agencies, gaslit the opposition, and tried to remove a lawfully elected president because he didn't have any strings they could pull. I don't think there's a precedent for something like this in America's history. Does Trump get a redo term by default? Do we just remove all standing Democrats from federal office? I think a lot of people are going to have to go to jail or resign before America starts trusting in its government again....
    Nice post!

The Honorable Amy Coney Barret agrees with you

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    An amazing thing has happened over the last two days: more concrete evidence (surpassing even the video of him admitting it) has surfaced that the then-Vice President of the United States -- the current democrat candidate for the Presidency -- used his office for the personal enrichment of his family and himself, and the major social media platforms have censored all links to the story in the New York Post, the nation's 4th largest newspaper, detailing the evidence. They have pulled down the President's Press Secretary's Twitter account for linking to the story, and they pulled down the President's campaign account page.

In addition, the FBI has been in possession of the evidence since December 2019 and has remained silent on the matter.

Coupled with the previous administration's efforts to undermine the Trump campaign in 2016 and their efforts to sabotage his administration before he took office, this is without doubt the biggest political scandal in the history of the country. Happening as we type, right now.
    Senator Lee is a personal friend. He is extremely sharp. I like Tucker as well, though I think Tucker is not quite on the mark here. I imagine Senator Lee got this and simply passed it to Trump. That’s what I would have done. I wondered why Trump hammered Biden so hard in the first debate about Hunter. I think we now know why.

If you need a little levity, this piece by Walter E. Williams is good for a chuckle.
    Racial Deception

?Social distancing? police fine man $1.2K for feeding homeless | #FightTheFines Case #1 - YouTube

The authorities deemed this man as "non essential" as he provides food to the poor. All while liquor stores and marijuana outlets are considered essential.
    He further was threatened, that if he continues with this "criminal activity" he will be liable to fines totalling $1000000.

There’s not a Montessori-trained teacher out there that thinks they could pull off Montessori without training and in their own house with just two kids. AMI Montessori is all about structure, and there’s no way to pull off that structure in, say, a living room. When Montessori is done in the environment it’s supposed to be done in, it often works really really well.
    I don't even know where to start. The strawman? (Or is that less of a strawman and more your lack of reading comprehension skills combined with projection?) Quotes by the good doc herself? Research regarding the problem of every school being Montessori and the crop of 7 year olds who'd never have learned to write their names? The infighting and how many of you proponents of it can't even agree on its practical applications? We could start a whole separate thread on how people like you who advocate this crap will benefit from all the special programs we'll need to clean up the mess it'll create. (And has created in some areas.) Oh, but you have a little experience so it's the thing that should be done. The thing which we should be compelled to pay for and to subject our children.

Yeah, I'm done. If we were all at the pub it would be time for this guy to pay his tab. Don't let me interrupt though, he's here to edumacate us.

I think you're arguing in good faith, and I like almost all of your policy proposals, in principle at least. You're getting treated very unfairly, by Rip and by other posters, and for what it's worth, you're coming off very well to a relatively objective outsider and showing up the echo chamber nature of the forum for what it is. I'm curious to see when your endurance will falter, though; this is the home of anaerobic effort.

Did you omit the abolition of the death penalty by design or oversight, under your judicial/criminal justice section?

I'll take issue with an area I think there might be some daylight between us, because agreeing in a civil manner about politics is for beta cucks and whatnot.

There are crazy and non-crazy versions of this. Here’s I think is the non-crazy version, which is what I think most liberals believe. People who group together will inevitably do things for the benefit of their group at the expense of people who are not in their group. So long as white people group together and are in charge of the major institutions in our society, they’ll, in ways sometimes subtle and sometimes overt, do things, sometimes without thinking, which tend to benefit white people at the expense of people who aren’t white. That just seems obvious for me. I assume that’s true for the ruling group of every country. If black people were in charge of most institutions in the U.S., they’d do things, sometimes unconsciously, which tended to benefit black people. This is why it’s important to integrate society instead of have de facto segregation.

First, could I entreat you to give a back of the envelope rendering of the crazy version, where you see it active in American society, if you think it's a problem, and your thoughts on the shutdown of mandated crt training for government officials.

Second, I don't agree that your non crazy version is accurate or harmless. I think it's an unfalsifiable hypothesis, to say essentially that individual subconscious biases will agglomerate among groups/within institutions that are homogenous and express themselves as power to oppress out-group people, and I hope you wouldn't want anyone to accept as evidence of that hypothesis the existence of differential outcomes between groups.

If the above hypothesis were true, then when controlling for other variables you would always see institutions exerting power to favour the groups that their leaders/owners/base 'represents' (I hate the way that word is coming to mean 'looks the same as'). But it wouldn't just be true of race, unless you have some special pleading to make for race. You would see it in gender, age....etc etc, all the protected identity categories present and future.

I'm not saying that such bias doesn't exist, I'm not saying it isn't hypothetically possible for it to express in the way you describe, what I'm saying is that it does not, to my eyes, necessarily do so, which is seems to me that your non crazy crt says it does, or will. It all seems to me like too much focus on too small a potential problem and a great distraction from socio-economic injustice, which is what crt is always looking to cash out its claims in anyway, so why not just address that in a racially blind way?

starting strength coach development program
    I hope we can be honest about what Donald Trump is. He started a fake university to scam people; he stiffs independent contractors; he’s changed his position on most political issues; he’s almost surely sexually assaulted women; he watches cable news for hours a day; he pretends to be a Christian; he lies about how much money he has; etc. He’s a conman, and when faced with a choice between believing doctors or Trump (or Trump’s supporters), most people will believe doctors. Maybe that’s tragic or infuriating, but y’all have chosen a shitty representative, and I think you’re paying the price for it.[/url]
    You have to understand, we did vote in people like Bush, Romney, McCain, Ryan, and many other politicians who lied to us. Trump has pissed off these people just as much as the left.....this makes some on the right very happy. I understand the hatred for DT, but I also think leftist benefited from him blowing the already corrupt system up. He exposed many on the left and the right as power-hungry sociopaths. Harris,Newsom,Trump,Clinton,Romney are all the same,shape-shifting megalomaniacs. However, at least the RNC didn't shaft Trump like the Dems did to Sanders twice (although I am sure they wanted to).