starting strength gym
Page 718 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 21861866870871671771871972072876881812181718 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,180 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Truth about the claims scaring us all to death: Soaring infections, teeming hospital wards, and terrifying death rates... but do the numbers justifying crippling new lockdowns REALLY stand up to scrutiny?

Coronavirus: Soaring infections and death rates... but do the claims justify lockdowns? | Daily Mail Online

https://twitter.com/MLevitt_NP2013/s...307415553?s=19

A Closer Look at the States that Stayed Open – AIER

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Abraham View Post
    , The thing is that BLM is a decentralized organization. The leaders may be Marxists but what decisions do they make? They're just figure heads. BLM is made up of independent “hubs” in major cities which share the goals of criminal justice reform and stopping police brutality, but they don’t coordinate with each other. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but there hasn’t been any nationally-coordinated campaign. There are campaigns and protests but there are no instructions from above. People just see on the news that a cop has killed an innocent person in their town and they take it upon themselves to protest. So what does it matter if “the leaders” of BLM are Marxists?
    It matters because all the leader of the DNC have accepted black lives matter as an ETHOS especially Kamala. Which means that the DNC is marxist. Critical Race theory is a kind of marxism. Replace proletariat with victim status, replace bourgeoisis with oppressor class.

There are crazy and non-crazy versions of this. Here’s I think is the non-crazy version, which is what I think most liberals believe. People who group together will inevitably do things for the benefit of their group at the expense of people who are not in their group. So long as white people group together and are in charge of the major institutions in our society, they’ll, in ways sometimes subtle and sometimes overt, do things, sometimes without thinking, which tend to benefit white people at the expense of people who aren’t white. That just seems obvious for me. I assume that’s true for the ruling group of every country. If black people were in charge of most institutions in the U.S., they’d do things, sometimes unconsciously, which tended to benefit black people. This is why it’s important to integrate society instead of have de facto segregation.

What you guys seem to not understand is that people pick and choose the parts of Marx they like and pretend the rest doesn’t exist. It’s like any religion. You just pick the parts you like, and pretend it’s the entirety of what the prophets said. And your detractors pick the parts they don’t like and pretend those parts are the entirety of what the prophets said. As for abolishing the nuclear family, it was popular 100 years ago but I don’t think anyone agrees with that today.

Except that BLM call themselves marxist, otherwise I could believe you, But they do believe in power structure and heirarchys. until recently their website actually stated that they wanted to abolish the nuclear family. i SWEAR a month ago it was on their website but this is what their old mission statement said. “We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement,” the site declares, “by supporting each other as extended families and ‘villages’ that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.” I don't even care about calling it good or bad, it IS a page out of the Communist Manifesto.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Norman View Post
    First, could I entreat you to give a back of the envelope rendering of the crazy version, where you see it active in American society, if you think it's a problem, and your thoughts on the shutdown of mandated crt training for government officials.

Second, I don't agree that your non crazy version is accurate or harmless. I think it's an unfalsifiable hypothesis, to say essentially that individual subconscious biases will agglomerate among groups/within institutions that are homogenous and express themselves as power to oppress out-group people, and I hope you wouldn't want anyone to accept as evidence of that hypothesis the existence of differential outcomes between groups.

If the above hypothesis were true, then when controlling for other variables you would always see institutions exerting power to favour the groups that their leaders/owners/base 'represents' (I hate the way that word is coming to mean 'looks the same as'). But it wouldn't just be true of race, unless you have some special pleading to make for race. You would see it in gender, age....etc etc, all the protected identity categories present and future.

I'm not saying that such bias doesn't exist, I'm not saying it isn't hypothetically possible for it to express in the way you describe, what I'm saying is that it does not, to my eyes, necessarily do so, which is seems to me that your non crazy crt says it does, or will. It all seems to me like too much focus on too small a potential problem and a great distraction from socio-economic injustice, which is what crt is always looking to cash out its claims in anyway, so why not just address that in a racially blind way?

Ladies and Gentlemen: The Left. Vote for Harris/Biden.

https://twitter.com/MAGAMary4/status...697536/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    An amazing thing has happened over the last two days: more concrete evidence (surpassing even the video of him admitting it) has surfaced that the then-Vice President of the United States -- the current democrat candidate for the Presidency -- used his office for the personal enrichment of his family and himself, and the major social media platforms have censored all links to the story in the New York Post, the nation's 4th largest newspaper, detailing the evidence. They have pulled down the President's Press Secretary's Twitter account for linking to the story, and they pulled down the President's campaign account page.

In addition, the FBI has been in possession of the evidence since December 2019 and has remained silent on the matter.

Coupled with the previous administration's efforts to undermine the Trump campaign in 2016 and their efforts to sabotage his administration before he took office, this is without doubt the biggest political scandal in the history of the country. Happening as we type, right now.
    What is it with this president and his administration and his DOJ and his party's senate? Why are they so goddamn impotent? Why can they not do something about WITHOUT DOUBT THE BIGGEST POLITICAL SCANDAL IN THE HISTORY OF THE COUNTRY?? How can I possibly vote for someone with so much power and so little ability to wield it effectively???

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The "compelling" part.
    But you and I agree that there is a list of things the government simply must compel big business not to do. We have to compel them not to dump toxic waste in public lakes and not import foreign labor to the detriment of American workers, just to name two. Are you really content with paying more in taxes than you otherwise would just to avoid further restricting the “freedom” of transnational megacorps? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    You have to understand, we did vote in people like Bush, Romney, McCain, Ryan, and many other politicians who lied to us. Trump has pissed off these people just as much as the left.....this makes some on the right very happy. I understand the hatred for DT, but I also think leftist benefited from him blowing the already corrupt system up. He exposed many on the left and the right as power-hungry sociopaths. Harris,Newsom,Trump,Clinton,Romney are all the same,shape-shifting megalomaniacs. However, at least the RNC didn't shaft Trump like the Dems did to Sanders twice (although I am sure they wanted to).
    This is the kind of post on this forum that just gets my head spinning. Bush, Romney, McCain, and Ryan haven’t lied half as much as Trump has! (Bush certainly lied about his views on interventionism, but that’s the only exception on this list that I can find.)

Romney, Ryan and McCain were completely honest with you about the way they were going to govern: they openly, explicitly acknowledged that they didn’t have a single goddamn item on their policy platform other than “cut taxes on people doing well”. You voted for them anyways, and you got what you deserved: https://anticap.files.wordpress.com/...inequality.jpg

Then, Trump came along. He was able to defeat Clinton primarily by eschewing Republican dogma about the indomitable sanctity of “free trade”. In the process, he hit her from the left on several key issues. He decried her vote for Iraq and her Wall Street alliances. And it worked! Wall Street is VERY unpopular! Foreign involvement that doesn’t benefit the American people is VERY unpopular! Strong borders to protect American wages rather than “American” corporate stock prices is VERY popular! Trump promised to put a halt to all of that Romney/Ryan/Obama/Biden madness!

And what did he do after he got elected? No serious attempt at building the wall. No anti-trust laws. No challenge to Big Tech. No challenge to the banks. He backed out of one measly trade deal, and then gift-wrapped a colossal tax break for transnational corps and exorbitant cash gifts to Israel. He has been the least honest elected official since Richard Nixon, and THAT is why he will lose, despite whatever story the NYT starts telling you on Nov. 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by BMueller View Post
    What is it with this president and his administration and his DOJ and his party's senate? Why are they so goddamn impotent? Why can they not do something about WITHOUT DOUBT THE BIGGEST POLITICAL SCANDAL IN THE HISTORY OF THE COUNTRY?? How can I possibly vote for someone with so much power and so little ability to wield it effectively???
    In my mind this has been the biggest revelation for me from the past election cycle. The Republicans and Democrats are both complicit, two sides of the same coin. The best Republicans can do is offer a weak, reactionary "no, don't do that...." to every crazy thing the Dems due to ply ignorant voters. I think this is mostly by design. Guys like Ron Paul had an actual vision for fixing the country, but got ignored because he was too polite and didn't want to ruffle any feathers. Trump is what happens when the kid gloves come off.

What's really surprising to me is that I've never seen a commentator on the Left make this assessment. They're unablebto believe it's anything other than the 8th deadly sin of racism.

My theory is that either they themselves don't realize what's going on, or they don't want to speak too explicitly about the fact that the two-party system is really a de facto one-party system.

You poor bastards in the UK never should have let them take away your guns.

Sex banned indoors for Tier 2 couples living apart, Number 10 confirms | London Evening Standard

1. They don't have as much power as you think they do.
    2. Doing anything means shedding light on everything all these fucks do all the time.
    3. The government doesn't represent you, doesn't give a shit about you, and definitely doesn't care that it's making a dime off of its position of "authority."

If you game out the actions you believe Trump should have taken over the last 3 years, you will find they all end badly.

Smart people have gamed this out for decades. We are witnessing the systematic destruction of the old guard.

To quote Trump, "Let's see what happens".

starting strength coach development program
    Saw this today on my firefox homepage. Made me giggle. Journalist basically puzzles over why people are ignoring all the scandalous anti-trump headlines, and feels that their inability to be brainwashed by a message drilled into their heads by media, THAT is somehow the "Orwellian" thing in all this.

US Swing States Revealed a Nation Plagued by Misinformation | Time