starting strength gym
Page 719 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 21961966970971771871972072172976981912191719 ... LastLast
Results 7,181 to 7,190 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The "compelling" part.
    New TVs and iPhones for them!

Hag is too stupid to see that higher wages != being able to afford food.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Abraham View Post

...I think the younger generation in America is becoming leftist because they’re poor and have no prospects of moving out of their parents’ house. That’ll piss off most people to the point that they’ll change their political ideology.

I think we have figured out what Patrick does for a living: Ask an Anti-Fascist with 001! 10/16/2020 - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    You poor bastards in the UK never should have let them take away your guns.

Sex banned indoors for Tier 2 couples living apart, Number 10 confirms | London Evening Standard
    This is my definite number one of the whole pandemic.

What's really surprising to me is that I've never seen a commentator on the Left make this assessment. They're unablebto believe it's anything other than the 8th deadly sin of racism.
    People on the left say this often. I keep telling you guys that you have a distorted view of the world because you don't read what your opponents say. You learn about your opponents through the filter of right-wing media. Just go straight to the source sometime. Here's an article from one of the left's biggest magazines from Nov 22, 2016. It says a version of what you just said about Trump, Ron Paul, and having an actual vision to fix the economy: Listening to Trump

You poor bastards in the UK never should have let them take away your guns.

Sex banned indoors for Tier 2 couples living apart, Number 10 confirms | London Evening Standard
    No sex indoors? So take it to the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen: The Left. Vote for Harris/Biden.

https://twitter.com/MAGAMary4/status...697536/photo/1
    This quote originated here:
    https://bustatroll.org/
    More specifically:
    https://archive.is/rs4LC

Rudy Giuliani’s Daughter Caroline on Voting for Joe Biden | Vanity Fair

Interested to see what people here think about this, because I have a feeling that the aspects of the starting strength ethos that I understand/respect will lead people here to share in the visceral revulsion that this inspires in me.

This woman is talking about her father here. He might not always have been good at parenting, but he RAISED her, from the time she was a helpless little baby. Unlike anyone else in her life (other than her mother), he was there for her through countless defining childhood moments: first steps, first speech, first day of school, and more. In any sane, healthy world, the bond created by this sustained intimacy would preclude a child from wholly disavowing a parent, even if only on a personal level, outside of the absolute most extreme of circumstances.

But we don’t live in a remotely sane, healthy world; we live in neoliberal hell-world, and it has poisoned everything that once stood sacred. Instead of being animated by a sense of duty and responsibility to her parents, this woman excoriates her own father in print. And for what? A couple grand? A byline in a trendy New York magazine? This incident is the perfect encapsulation of the world that the Pelosis and Schumers and Zuckerbergs have created: a hellscape engineered, overseen, and administrated by ruthless, narcissistic, Machiavellian freaks.

Whatever you think about Rudy (and I’ve thought several unpleasant things over the years), I don’t see how one can avoid feeling at least a few pangs of sympathy for the man as one imagines him reading this, rubbing his temples, and emitting a beleaguered sigh. What must be going through his mind? Is he regretful that he didn’t spend more time with his kid? Is he haunted by some grave mistake he made, one that hurt her so deeply that it compelled her to ambush him like this, at one of the most high-leverage moments of his professional career? Maybe he doesn’t care. Maybe the sickness that has gripped modern society originated upstream of him. I don’t know, I guess. But I don’t want to be in a world where family members bludgeoning each other over the head for clout and professional status is milieu.

Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    This is the kind of post on this forum that just gets my head spinning. Bush, Romney, McCain, and Ryan haven’t lied half as much as Trump has! (Bush certainly lied about his views on interventionism, but that’s the only exception on this list that I can find.)
    What exactly has Trump lied about?

starting strength coach development program
    WHO Director calls herd immunity '''scientifically and ethically problematic''' | Fortune(I hope this wasn't posted already and I missed it.)

"Herd immunity is achieved by protecting people from a virus, not by exposing them to it. Never in the history of public health has herd immunity been used as a strategy for responding to an outbreak, let alone a pandemic. It’s scientifically and ethically problematic. … In most countries, less than 10% of the population have been infected with the COVID-19 virus. Letting the virus circulate unchecked therefore means allowing unnecessary infections, suffering and death."

I don't like the sound of this.
    I though herd immunity is exactly what was gonna have to happen one way or another. We were just flattening the curve so the hospitals wouldn't be overrun right? (Assuming the best of the company line.) This article makes it sound like they are gearing up for a long term situation. Using terms like unethical and problematic. I feel like they are trying to set up for a two year lockdown situation until they get a vaccine (never mind distribution). And London has tiers now? I mean I sort of suspected they were gonna milk it through the winter because flu season provides a convenient cover but this feels ominous. Stock up on toilet paper.