starting strength gym
Page 724 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 22462467471472272372472572673477482412241724 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,240 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    The left repeat the same at everyone on the right until it becomes accepted as a truth amongst their followers. People have really lost all perspective. We had top Labour politicians comparing our Conservative party to the nazis here. That is just so appalling it's unforgivable.
    I agree with you. Do you agree with me that the right-wingers who accused Corbyn of anti-semitism without any evidence whatsoever are "appalling"?

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    Failure to implement a campaign promise hardly counts as a lie. If that's the criterion you're using, every politician has lied just as much as Trump has.
    This is not the criterion I used in the post you quoted. His failure to try to live up to his promises is what makes him a liar.

The lead researcher on the only actual RCT to be performed on mask efficacy during this entire debacle, was asked why his study hasn't been published yet even though it has already been completed. His reply: "As soon as a journal is brave enough."

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/sta...75939238420480

Wow.

Dr. Benfield is Professor of infectious diseases at the Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Copenhagen, and attending physician at the Department of Infectious Diseases, Hvidovre Hospital, Copenhagen. Assistant editor of The Journal of the Danish Medical Association. But in today's clown world, that surely doesn't make him enough of an "expert" to understand The Science.

As an interesting but related side point, this is a great illustration of why we have issues with the evidence-based fetishists among the exercise science crowd. When a vested interest controls what gets published and what doesn't (not to mention what research gets funded in the 1st place, even before publication), then when you demand "citations desperately needed," what you are actually doing is the same thing as the guy who drops his keys at night and only looks for them under the streetlamps. When asked why, he responds, "because that is where the light is."

It's not that there is no value at all in the studies - some are bad, some are better, like most studies. It's that there is a whole entire level of manipulation that can (and so of course, does) take place before you even get to what research is funded and what studies are published. Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. That alone doesn't positively prove anything of course, but it does give necessary broader context to what should actually constitute evidence in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    As I may have mentioned previously, not that anyone cares, I had been blissfully absent from the media landscape until the lockdowns, so I haven’t caught on to this thing yet, but when did this story about the new American civil war come out? I see it all over the world media and a bunch of people seem to actually believe it. Don’t people realize they you need soldiers to fight a civil war and that these same soldiers don’t get to spend six hours a day watching Netflix once they have finished their #workingfromhome shift?
    Dan Carlin got hysterical about the civil war thing in a recent Common Sense podcast, but I agree. There's no big geographical divide like the origunal American civil war. The military and National Guard are overwhelmingly conservative. Antifa and BLM have proven they'd get annihilated in anything approaching a real fight, as Kyle Rittenhouse recently demonstrated.

I think the more likely scenario is another round of of white flight and the deterioration of a lot of the gentrification that's gone in the last few years.

Michael Yeadon - On masks - YouTube

Dr. Yeadon is an Allergy & Respiratory Therapeutic Area expert, developed out of deep knowledge of biology & therapeutics and is an innovative drug discoverer with 23y in the pharmaceutical industry. He trained as a biochemist and pharmacologist, obtaining his PhD from the University of Surrey (UK) in 1988 on the CNS and peripheral pharmacology of opioids on respiration. Dr Yeadon then worked at the Wellcome Research Labs with Salvador Moncada with a research focus on airway hyper-responsiveness and effects of pollutants including ozone and working in drug discovery of 5-LO, COX, PAF, NO and lung inflammation. With colleagues, he was the first to detect exhaled NO in animals and later to induce NOS in lung via allergic triggers. Joining Pfizer in 1995, he was responsible for the growth and portfolio delivery of the Allergy & Respiratory pipeline within the company. During his tenure at Pfizer, Dr Yeadon was responsible for target selection and the progress into humans of new molecules, leading teams of up to 200 staff across all disciplines and won an Achievement Award for productivity in 2008. Under his leadership the research unit invented oral and inhaled NCEs which delivered multiple positive clinical proofs of concept in asthma, allergic rhinitis and COPD. He led productive collaborations such as with Rigel Pharmaceuticals (SYK inhibitors) and was involved in the licensing of Spiriva® and acquisition of the Meridica (inhaler device) company. Dr Yeadon has published over 40 original research articles and now consults and partners with a number of biotechnology companies. Before working with Apellis, Dr Yeadon was VP and Chief Scientific Officer (Allergy & Respiratory Research) with Pfizer.

i think he's pretty qualified to say his 3 minute explanation on the fact that masks don't work!

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    ...We had top Labour politicians comparing our Conservative party to the nazis here. That is just so appalling it's unforgivable.
    The only perspective I can find that adequately explains the desire from leftists to call everyone a fascist and a Nazi is rooted in The Frankfurt School and its role in the denazification of Germany after WWII.

The denazification programs relied on social engineering methods to try to get all Germans to accept collective guilt and responsibility for Nazism regardless of their involvement. Over time, the definition of Nazi and Fascist coming from the communists at The Frankfurt School expanded to include any individual who may share cultural, ethnic or ideological similarities with ethnic Germans.

An interesting perspective
    Demoralization: What Yuri Bezmenov Didn't Tell You - YouTube

Also, more voter fraud. Looks like a backdoor was added to electronic systems that allows votes to be changed.

4Chan Users Claim to Have Found Way to Easily Change People's Voter Registration and Cancel Ballots Online in Oregon and Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    New Zealand has quietly installed its first totalitarian dictatorship. The election is no more legitimate than the one in Belarus. Will the free citizens of NZ die on their knees or their feet?
    Actually, its pretty clear in NZ that most of the public do support Jacinda and the Labour party. The main opposition party was in disarray with multiple leadership changes this year.

The results are no surprise to anyone that lives here.

To be clear, I didn't vote for her, and it is (IMO) the most left wing government we have ever had. Under our political system there is no upper house or senate etc so she can 'accelerate' the agenda.

This apparent (and legit/warranted) onslaught towards the Biden family right now.

I can foresee it backfiring, and creating sympathy for Biden, his son, and campaign.

From an election standpoint, I hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    (Rip posted that one a while ago.)

I’d ask how large are vape droplets? The droplets—of-threat-interest are larger, with I suppose larger viral loads. Not the type that you’re seeing here, I think.

On the other hand, if aerosols are a threat, then I’d say such masks are not only ineffective, but weapons.
    I actually think masks have some small effect in some unique circumstances. Maybe in, say, an elevator that you share with a COVID carrier for 30 seconds, it might be just enough of a barrier. So, that’s one case out of the known 8 million prevented.

Yet, that’s not really what they want. They want you wearing a mask in all facets of life from going to dinner to having sex. The mask is a sign of compliance, plain and simple. Maybe it has some small effect, but again, what is the cost and why do we so badly need to be compliant?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    ... why do we so badly need to be compliant?
    In my imagination I am Loki between opposing parties. Wear the mask into the grocery store, then remove it. Then don it in one aisle, and off in the next. Informers report me to management, who then find me wearing a mask. They argue amongst themselves.

In the grown-up world, I did pickup a sandwich from the deli and paid at self-checkout without a mask. On my way out, I looked back to see they put an elderly lady employee next to the “masks required” sign at the entrance for enforcement. What decent person is going to hassle an elderly lady?

starting strength coach development program
    I drove down to Mississippi last night to a liquor store that sells good whiskey. MS is the first state to entirely lift mask mandates. Do you know how refreshing it was to walk into a liquor store without a mask and not have to think about someone bitching and moaning that I wasn't wearing one? Some people were wearing them. Some weren't. It was ENTIRELY up to the individual, and goddamn it, I forgot how refreshing it is to not have to go through my rolodex of "How to handle morons," should I be approached for not wearing a mask.