starting strength gym
Page 739 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 23963968972973773873974074174978983912391739 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,390 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    As the MP from Britain explained: Conspiracy theories abound, because the government response to this pandemic defies rational explanation.

Almost 3/4 of a year ago, in this thread I recognized that vaccines almost never can be made quickly and safely. The 1968 vaccine killed more people than the pandemic. The Zika Virus vaccine took over 5 years, I believe, to begin testing.
    I also recognized the potential for Sars-Cov2 to mutate into a more deadly pathogen if lockdowns are imposed, allowing the virus to mutate within semi-isolated populations for a long period of time (exactly what led to the emergence of the Spanish Flu in 1918).
    Ok I’ll bite. So yes starting from scratch a vaccine is hard to make, but the difference here is covid-19 is a strain from family of viruses that have been previously researched extensively. True, a vaccine hadn’t previously been developed against this family of viruses, but the motivation wasn’t there previously whereas now it is (in the form of oodles of dollars). A similar argument could be made about a zika virus vaccine, the motivation to develop a vaccine didn’t come in the dollars that could be made selling it, and the risk to richer areas of the world was minimal. Next in line, viruses don’t really mutate to become deadlier as it goes against the preferred lifecycle of virus. A virus’s goal isn’t to kill it’s host necessarily, it’s goal is to reproduce itself as much as possible. A virus that’s too deadly limits it’s chances of wider reproduction. It’s kind of ironic that you mention the Spanish flu in this thought as that’s exactly what happened to it, descendants of it are still kicking but it doesn’t matter as much as it’s more benign than the original strain. It’s also why Ebola was easy to contain (relatively speaking). I’m not arguing that for the vast majority of the population a vaccine will make a noticeable difference in your chances of survival, nor can I say that I can think of any government of any stripe that you can look at and think “wow, they’re doing an awesome job with this thing”. But the basic biology here doesn’t lead to a great risk of a worse virus coming directly from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Right. You choose to believe. Who "debunked" it?
    To play devil’s advocate here, shouldn’t the burden of proof lie with who made the original claim? Hypothetically if it doesn’t exist, how do you debunk it? It’s Russell’s teapot without the religion angle.

Enlighten us.
    The concept of sociopath has an actual clinical conceptualization and definition, with some criteria to meet if you want any amount of precision. I’m happy to explicate further if there’s genuine interest, though I suspect there isn’t. But that does mean that we can’t actually call most government officials sociopathic, merely because they like the spotlight or they have ambition for power or who have different ideologies from our own. Most of the people that I’ve seen called “sociopath” on this board do not come close to meeting the definition. And we ignore the one who so obviously does.

Please explain.
    I would, Rip. But really, in order for my explanation to hold any water with you, we would have to agree on a set of facts. And we don’t. I believe this pandemic is real. I believe 220,000+ people have died from this disease in this country, and many more will die over the coming months. I don’t believe there have been intentional and conspiratorial efforts to overestimate the death toll at either the local or national level. I don’t believe this is a global effort to accumulate authoritarian power. And most fundamentally, I believe the federal government had and has a responsibility to create some sort of national plan to address the disease and its economic fallout. And I think this administration has been a catastrophic failure in that regard. As such, we are weaker, poorer, sicker, and deader.

Quote Originally Posted by BMueller View Post
    The concept of sociopath has an actual clinical conceptualization and definition, with some criteria to meet if you want any amount of precision. I’m happy to explicate further if there’s genuine interest, though I suspect there isn’t. But that does mean that we can’t actually call most government officials sociopathic, merely because they like the spotlight or they have ambition for power or who have different ideologies from our own. Most of the people that I’ve seen called “sociopath” on this board do not come close to meeting the definition. And we ignore the one who so obviously does.
    Kamala Harris is not a sociopath but Donald Trump is. Got it.

I would, Rip. But really, in order for my explanation to hold any water with you, we would have to agree on a set of facts. And we don’t. I believe this pandemic is real. I believe 220,000+ people have died from this disease in this country, and many more will die over the coming months. I don’t believe there have been intentional and conspiratorial efforts to overestimate the death toll at either the local or national level. I don’t believe this is a global effort to accumulate authoritarian power. And most fundamentally, I believe the federal government had and has a responsibility to create some sort of national plan to address the disease and its economic fallout. And I think this administration has been a catastrophic failure in that regard. As such, we are weaker, poorer, sicker, and deader.
    It is only possible to believe this bullshit if you are willfully ignorant of the facts. The simple way to maintain this condition is to watch only CNN.

Biden finally says something truthful.

Joe Biden Just Had a FRAUDian Slip - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    What do we make of this? I'm not well-versed enough in all this Ukraine business, but this isn't a good look for Sleepy Joe.

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehangin...25890232242178
    Pfft, that's been debunked by fact checkers. It's clearly Joe Biden from the mirror universe. You can hear his goatee.

Let's not forget this most important fact:

https://twitter.com/Adam_Creighton/s...52790823051264

The US govt last week updated the survival rates (i.e., IF infected) for Covid19:

0-19 99.997%
    20-49 99.98%
    50-69 99.5%
    70+ 94.6%

Didn't see it reported much.
    They simply MUST stop keeping these statistics.

I believe this pandemic is real. I believe 220,000+ people have died from this disease in this country, and many more will die over the coming months. I don’t believe there have been intentional and conspiratorial efforts to overestimate the death toll at either the local or national level.
    Even if you believe this bullshit 220,000 number, that is 0.06% of the population, and 7.3% of the total number of all-cause deaths this year. But you cannot measure the cost of the response vs. these numbers, because you are apparently innumerate.

... I don’t believe this is a global effort to accumulate authoritarian power. ...
    Seems unlikely.

But it is clearly a global opportunity for authoritarians to claim more power; the disease is always just beneath the surface. Some documentation at the Economist: No vaccine for cruelty - The pandemic has eroded democracy and respect for human rights | International | The Economist .

Kamala Harris is not a sociopath but Donald Trump is. Got it.
    I know you're a big "words have meanings" guy, and i agree with you that we should not be sloppy with our terms. Your statement is correct.

It is only possible to believe this bullshit if you are willfully ignorant of the facts. The simple way to maintain this condition is to watch only CNN.
    I read this forum often, so you should know that I don't watch only CNN. Or any CNN for that matter. But I'm not a conspiracy theorist either. I can believe both that there is a genuine global pandemic going on that is going to kill half a million Americans by next summer, and that lockdowns and other legal protocols have been arbitrary, confusing, senseless, and economically damaging. Join us, Mark, the water is warm.

As an outsider I am confused. What is happening in the US? This stuff is in our face over here all the time.

SPECIAL REPORT: Inside Joe Biden's corruption scandal and the social media cover-up - YouTube

Is any of this true or is it just nonsense?

Let's not forget this most important fact:

https://twitter.com/Adam_Creighton/s...52790823051264

They simply MUST stop keeping these statistics.

Even if you believe this bullshit 220,000 number, that is 0.06% of the population, and 7.3% of the total number of all-cause deaths this year. But you cannot measure the cost of the response vs. these numbers, because you are apparently innumerate.
    It is died with it not from it. In Australia 0.0035%.

COVID is not and 'has never been a pandemic': Alan Jones - YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    Biden finally says something truthful.

Joe Biden Just Had a FRAUDian Slip - YouTube
    The video has been removed. Must of been important!