starting strength gym
Page 760 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 26066071075075875976076176277081086012601760 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,600 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    The problem with videos of this type is that the premise -- that this is a deadly disease that must be detected and treated with all the methods at our disposal -- is bullshit. Although the info on the PCR test is good, at no point is the fact that the survival rate is 99.97% across all demographics discussed. Partial truth.

My biggest disappointment in all of this is that NN Taleb is still a mask nanny to this day. For my own sanity, I have to believe this is an indication of closet hypochondria, and not rational thought.

Problem is Mark that those of the 0.3% that die from from it or I should say with it are mostly old and already sick from something like compromised immune systems caused by other diseases. Even though the recovery rate is high we are not allowed to forget that the 99% survivors in varying degrees suffer other long term debilitating side effects.

It maybe bullshit, but it is good bullshit to those propagating the fear surrounding this virus. I don't know how it is in the US, but here the fear of Covid got a left wing state government back in power for another 4 years with 4 extra seats yesterday by simply emphasizing that they the current Queensland government would continue to keep the boarders closed to other states and stop Covid from killing them and that was pitched into seats where the greater majority of old retirees live. The point being if these old folk voted in a right wing government they would allow the boarders to re-open and there would be a flood of infected tourists into Queensland. Those seats normally conservative went left.

Got to keep the people on edge. When you put a few dogs into the sheep paddock the sheep all run to the fence and pile up in the corner, fear it is a great motivator.

Of course your Democrats would not be so underhanded do such things as this, would they?

Elon Musk was saying this back in March. There were also other posts that were blocked
    https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/...906898947?s=19

According the Zerohedge:
    As far as the media is concerned, President Donald Trump is already defeated, and the Democrats have secured control of the House and taken a majority of the Senate
    That part of 2020 is a repeat of 2016. Now, even Fox News (new owner: Disney) has gone the way of Drudge (new owner: China?):
    BREAKING: Records reveal the analyst who will run Fox News' election decision desk is a registered Democrat who voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016 & gave Democrats more than $4,000, including $1,525 for Obama. Arnon Mishkin will announce states for Biden or Trump on election night
    So, I'll follow OANN and Cspan election night.

Watch the first 7 minutes of Michael Moore's 2018 Fahrenheit 11/9 - Youtube. It's an excellent refresher on how wrong (and absolutely convincing) the Media was in 2016. Seriously, it's worth 7 minutes.

What do you think? Is this happening again in 2020? Trump Derangement Syndrome is stronger than ever, as we've seen here in this thread with some truly amazing, passionate posts fueled by nothing more than hatred of the persona the Media has created around Trump.

Germany: LockDown (light, lol) starts today. They said it will last 'till the end of November. Exactly today, our health minister shouts out: PREPARE FOR MONTHS OF RESTRICTIONS. Didn't I say I don't believe the "restrictions are limited in time"?
    They are not ashamed of anything.
    Do they really believe that nobody else read the fine little book "Psychology of Crowds"? This is a blueprint for how to sell shit to the people and make them obey.
    There's two questions:
    1. why are they doing this?
    2. how long do they think they can get away with this?

Sincerly,
    me, being pissed and saving money for a rack, a bar and weights.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    For my own sanity, I have to believe this is an indication of closet hypochondria, and not rational thought.
    This whole debacle is a case of hypochondria, germophobia and an assault on rational thought.

Hey, look at this!

Bacterial Pneumonia Caused Most Deaths in 1918 Influenza Pandemic, August 19, 2008 News Release - National Institutes of Health (NIH)

The 1918 influenza pandemic: 100 years of questions answered and unanswered - PubMed

Fauci, legitimately, co-authored a paper discussing how masks exacerbated the primary condition driving fatality in Spanish Flu: bacterial pneumonia.

As my dad pointed out yesterday... pneumonia is called "the Old Timer's Friend."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The problem with videos of this type is that the premise -- that this is a deadly disease that must be detected and treated with all the methods at our disposal -- is bullshit. Although the info on the PCR test is good, at no point is the fact that the survival rate is 99.97% across all demographics discussed. Partial truth.
    Testing people without symptoms is simply idiotic, much less calling them "cases", but the part of the video simply explaining how PCR tests work inadvertently demonstrates that, even if they didn't catch it themselves.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    My biggest disappointment in all of this is that NN Taleb is still a mask nanny to this day. For my own sanity, I have to believe this is an indication of closet hypochondria, and not rational thought.
    It simply demonstrates how people are inconstant in how they think things through.

It's why intelligence and expertise often do not transfer to other fields.