starting strength gym
Page 761 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 26166171175175976076176276377181186112611761 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,610 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Hey, look at this!

Bacterial Pneumonia Caused Most Deaths in 1918 Influenza Pandemic, August 19, 2008 News Release - National Institutes of Health (NIH)

The 1918 influenza pandemic: 100 years of questions answered and unanswered - PubMed

Fauci, legitimately, co-authored a paper discussing how masks exacerbated the primary condition driving fatality in Spanish Flu: bacterial pneumonia.

As my dad pointed out yesterday... pneumonia is called "the Old Timer's Friend."
    Which of these papers discusses masks? I'm not finding it.

Bacterial infections also are the proximate cause of death in a large portion of people who die of cancer, heart disease, dementia, etc. In other words, to say that pneumonia caused these deaths does not mean that influenza didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Rott View Post
    There's two questions:
    1. why are they doing this?
    2. how long do they think they can get away with this?

Sincerly,
    me, being pissed and saving money for a rack, a bar and weights.
    It seems Western Europe is determined to enter a strong statist era, unlike anything in history. My guess is that they want to increase public debt by issuing as many state and EU bonds as possible, thus trying to get the euro closer on par with the dollar as the world’s reserve currency. They probably see this as the last chance they will get. In order to do this, they need to find a reason to run up the debt by fucking up threat economies as much as possible. In normal times, you would get the US treasury secretary or maybe even the president come and explain the rules of the game - think Obama and Geithner during the euro crisis. But we are not living in normal times, are we? Since the US is heavily divided internally and will have to run a huge deficit of its own starting next week, the time is ripe. It’s as if Keynes, Stalin and Alexander Hamilton had a bastard child that came back eighty years later with a vengeance.

They can pull it off for a month, the Spaniards are already setting shit on fire.

How do you just talk past the obvious, JF? I only had time for a cursory look today before linking. That's the article discussing the paper (which I also linked to save time). Bacterial pneumonia is the most fatal element across many, many diseases -- especially in elderly populations. Especially aerosol respiratory viruses, and it has been this way historically.

SARS-COV-2 may be the gun, but bacterial pneumonia is the bullet. Why masks, then? What do they do for:

1. Physically expelling bacteria and fluid through normal breathing and coughing.

2. Preventing the spread of bacteria already present in the throat, mouth and nose.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    Which of these papers discusses masks? I'm not finding it.

Bacterial infections also are the proximate cause of death in a large portion of people who die of cancer, heart disease, dementia, etc. In other words, to say that pneumonia caused these deaths does not mean that influenza didn't.
    Indeed. It's an accurate description, particularly for legal purposes. As you say, however, most people do say "die of cancer, heart disease, dementia, etc." and not pneumonia, particularly if they have suffered for an extended period.

Interesting paper I came across on the Spanish Flu of 1918:

10.25.00 - Berkeley demographer finds undetected tuberculosis may have been real killer in 1918 flu epidemic

Andrew Noymer's 1918 Flu Page

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    The price of being the most materially successful, wealthiest society in human history: even the many who were against these things, were comfortable enough and had so much to lose by disobeying, that it took 6-7 months of total squeezing of their assets and restricting their normal, essential human interaction until they started to become desperate enough to resist.
    It's ironic that one of the left's big recent talking points until just before covid is how the average American doesn't have enough money to cover a $400 emergency or something like that. Think about how ludicrous and obviously untrue that must be in light of what we've actually seen the past 7 months.
    I have never questioned this concept. But, I am now wondering how much truth there is to it. We can find many historical examples of wealthy, complacent societies willing to submit, but we can also find many examples of people living in less comfortable or uncomfortable conditions that have been just as willing to submit and comply. There are also examples of wealthy societies that have been wholly unwilling to pay tribute, submit or comply. What separates the Barbarians and Scots from the Gauls and Celts? The Athenians and Spartans from the Ionians?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    The year is 2084. You will have no privacy, you will own nothing, you will have forced equity and you will read communist propaganda about how happy you are:
    Harrison Bergeron by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Some random thoughts as tomorrow looms....

I cannot for the life of me understand how nearly one-half of this country is going to:
    - vote for a man who clearly has dementia for the president.
    - vote for a woman who is clearly a communist at heart for vice president
    - accept potential mask mandates, which will lead to nationwide lockdowns, leading to a complete shit storm of a fallout.
    - accept a mask mandate/lockdown that will lead to more mandates...a coat mandate when it's too cold, a condom mandate for all sexual encounters, a no-meat mandate to save the planet. I never would have thought these things on the table, but how can one suggest otherwise?

I know a lot of smart people who seem to lean to the biden-harris side. It just makes no damn sense to me.

Another thing I said earlier....Trump is getting THOUSANDS to come out for his rallies, yet these state races are very very close, even by the good pollsters.

I'm sick of this shit, ready for it to be over with, and also expecting that in 2 months, my gym will be closed. Thank God that I'm in FLA, where we have a governor that has handled this thing better than nearly any other governor in the Union.

Thanks for letting me vent here.....

Bannon had Sidney Powell and Lieutenant General
    Thomas McInerney On the war room today. The General is the one sounding the alarm on this. Around the 25 minute mark in the 11am hour.

War Room Pandemic LIVE >> War Room: Pandemic