starting strength gym
Page 764 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 26466471475476276376476576677481486412641764 ... LastLast
Results 7,631 to 7,640 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Rott View Post
    I don't know, Jovan. Maybe, maybe not. What you say implies that they have a plan. Making plans is not what politicians do. They are only part of a plan. Yesterday, Merkel said: I hope and believe that these new restrictions will work. Dear Mrs. Chancellor, hope and believe is what I expect from the Pope, from you I expect rational arguments and acting to serve the country and the people living in this country. That's your job. You don't do your job, Mrs...
    They are just not letting a good crisis go to waste. Merkel is a hardcore communist, that has been obvious for a long time now. Look, some time before the crisis hit, Altmeier was presenting the government’s new plan to deal with the “Chinese threat” by nationalizing large sections of industry. Why not use any excuse to continue with the plan. The German media has been so full of bullshit articles representing the power of German industry and pretty much hailing the destruction of the entire service sector, it has been amazing. This is straight up communist propaganda, especially this fetish for manufacturing over life.

As for a clearly stated plan, look up the last five or six communications by the ECB, they pretty much want a permanent deficit for the entire Community. Now, since the ECB’s policy does not move without an explicit backing from Berlin...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cavazos View Post
    In a similar way: mask mandates and usage have been extremely commonplace around the world for months now. If there was any empirical evidence that they did anything to prevent deaths, "cases," or any other measure of spread, it would be shouted constantly from the headlines of every media outlet. The fact that, as of November 2020, the best they can manage for "proof" are hypotheses about droplets and viral loads.

In fact, the data we do have suggests very strongly that general mask usage doesn't do crap. It's a religious talisman in more ways than one: a way for panicked, scared people to believe they have control in an uncontrollable and uncertain situation, and a visible marker of faith and piety, that the wearer is, if not a Good Person and believer, at least someone who has submitted to the faith.
    To your point: The Most Masked European Countries Have the Biggest Coronavirus Surges | Frontpagemag

Those with COVID-19 can break quarantine to vote in-person: CDC

I haven’t been able to eat a slice of pizza indoors in NYC in over 8 months as a normal, healthy adult but if I am covid+ and symptomatic, the CDC is giving me the go ahead to walk into a densely populated voting center and go about my business.

If you don't like Youtube's terms of service, you can always go elsewhere.

https://twitter.com/bitchute/status/1323741461972594688

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    Poll watchers prevented from entering polling places by Democrats in Philadelphia
    Nobody wants to be harassed by a bunch of Karens/Kens while they vote.

Went for my annual physical today. I’m up 45 pounds since last year and since this was a new doctor I don’t normally see, he saw on my chart the weight change. My BP was also high (140/80) but I struggle with it. Rip read my story on the running podcast, if you want to hear it. Thanks Rip!

Anyway, my doctor asked me if it was mostly muscle I’d gained. A fair question since he’s never seen me before. I told him yes. He then asked what I did to gain the muscle. I told him squats, deadlifts, bench, and press. He sort of let out a low whistle and then said to make sure I don’t lift over 150 pounds because the valsalva could cause an aneurysm - especially the squat and the deadlift. I told him that I pressed 150 over my head yesterday, for reps, and did not die. He told me that I’m asking for trouble. I didn’t know how to respond, but then I remembered an article from Dr. Sullivan (sp?) and asked him “How do you empirically know that?” He didn’t really have much to say, to be honest. He just changed the subject to COVID.

He asked if I was staying home, socially isolating, and wearing a mask. I told him, “No. I’m not particularly concerned about any of this. I’m not a social butterfly but I go to the gym and I go out to eat. I’ll wear a mask if the business I’m patronizing requires it.” He did a good job, but I could tell I pissed him off. He then began to lecture me that being overweight (I’m 6’2”, 222) and high risk because of my blood pressure that I would likely find myself on a ventilator.

He then told me an anecdotal story about 6 of his friends who went to dinner and all got COVID. One of them, he said, was in the hospital for a week. I told him, “I know the risks. Just as your friend did. I’m good with it.”

He then said, “I need to check you for a hernia.”

He didn’t find one, but said “I’m surprised. Usually guys lifting heavy have a hernia.”

Then I left. On my way out the door, he dropped his pen and I got the amusement of watching him try to squat down to pick it up. He needs to squat more.

The more I play it back in my head, the more annoyed I become. The entire experience made me feel like he was annoyed that I had a say in my own health and well-being.

Watched every liberal I know bitch about states like mine that didn't have early voting. I accidentally went to the wrong precinct and neither that one nor my correct one had any kind of a line. I waited maybe 3 minutes. Mine is one of the larger ones in the city, if not the largest. We have a lot of gun owners down here and no one was intimidating anyone, either. I think there's been an exceptional amount of scaremongering among the Dems this election.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by SSNube View Post
    I'm ... not ... above ... BS ... !
    Fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    Poll watchers prevented from entering polling places by Democrats in Philadelphia.
    In this case, thankfully, the mistake was corrected and Mr Feldman was able to perform his service.