starting strength gym
Page 780 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 28068073077077877978078178279083088012801780 ... LastLast
Results 7,791 to 7,800 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I love how Rip’s analysis, outside of strength training, is: 1) 10 parts logic ; 2) 40 parts “appeal to the stone”; and 3) 50 parts cherry picking the fuck out of right wing media nut jobs.

Do you love how I haven't deleted you? Haven't you figured out that not everything I approve to post on this thread is not necessarily my fucking opinion?

The Supreme Court is involved: Breaking: Justice Alito Issues Order Requiring That All Pennsylvania Counties Segregate (and Potentially Separately Count) Ballots Received After Polling Deadline | Election Law Blog

Pennsylvania doesn't care: https://twitter.com/TomFitton/status...81228684812289

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Do you love how I haven't deleted you? Haven't you figured out that not everything I approve to post on this thread is not necessarily my fucking opinion?

The Supreme Court is involved: Breaking: Justice Alito Issues Order Requiring That All Pennsylvania Counties Segregate (and Potentially Separately Count) Ballots Received After Polling Deadline | Election Law Blog

Pennsylvania doesn't care: https://twitter.com/TomFitton/status...81228684812289

Oh God, this is turning into a comedy. 20% of those who voted for Biden in VA didn't even bother casting a vote for the Senate or House. What hoops will they jump through to explain this? "Trump's racism, homophobia, sexism and sociopathy sent us into such a frothing rage that we just forgot to fill out the rest of the ballot."

If the Dems had to manufacture almost 20% just to win the state with a black-faced governor, imagine how the Trumpslide really looks in all of these other swing states.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AutistLvs...49018371661824

From PJ Media

BREAKING: Michigan Legislature to Convene Oversight Hearing Saturday After 'Glitches' Give 6,000 Trump Votes to Biden

This part is priceless,

“ It’s troubling that both glitches switched Republican votes to Democrat despite apparently occurring in different underlying systems. All told, 59 of Michigan’s 83 counties may be affected by these two glitches.”

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    The election officials probably do think in Visual Basic.
    Ha... Modulo pi for Trump. I see what you did there, but governments tend to prefer antiquated, ineffective solutions so COBOL is probably what they're using.

As someone who went to school for software engineering, but isn't a software engineer, the software glitch could be in any part of the process. If it's a digital touchscreen interface, it could be a problem with the way the touchscreen processes the interface. If it's a "bubble scan" machine, it could be in the interface of how that's processed. The lines of code that perform the tally would literally be something like:

if vote == Biden
    Biden += 1

else if vote == Trump
    Trump += 1

else if vote == Kanye
    Kanye += 1

etc...

That is, of course, if we're talking about a legitimate glitch. The interesting thing is that these types of voting machines would most likely follow a rigid development methodology meaning every single part of the application development would be 100% scrutinized and fixed before operations begin. They use this development method for things that are hard to change once released, like the computers in your car, on airplanes, space shuttles, etc... Basically, in situations like this, glitches are completely unacceptable and happen extraordinarily rarely.

I'm not in the business though, so maybe there's another aspect to it that I'm missing, but bottom line: glitches in voting machines should be extremely isolated and any widespread "glitching" should not be anticipated under normal circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Yeah a side effect of Lisinopril is a dry cough. It’s an interesting thought though about COVID and the cough. May be something to that!
    Yes, it’s called bradykinin. Researchers have been talking about that for a while.

How crazy is Lubos? Interesting point how civilizations can turn on a dime.

The Reference Frame: USA really seems to drift towards a Soviet-style totalitarian hell

On the other hand, my other favorite, David P. Goldman, says Biden is screwed even if he wins. It’s at least a nice thought.

The Good News Is That Biden Is Screwed, Even if He Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    Ha... Modulo pi for Trump
    That was Mr. Harlin’s genius.

The “glitch” seems related to a last-minute upload/update to the voting machines. As I mentioned in previous post, bush-league, at a charitable best. (Ha, now, I did do something there.)

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    Ha... Modulo pi for Trump. I see what you did there, but governments tend to prefer antiquated, ineffective solutions so COBOL is probably what they're using.

It occurs to me that I'm not being fair to the other side. All programming languages are beautiful (I've recently fallen in love with Fortran). They let us think novel thoughts about novel things. We must be open-minded to the Great Reset offered by the novel Coronavirus. Equally so to UBI which is probably a natural fallout of a novel Green Deal.. We need to stop this internecine warfare over trivialities such as GOTO and casting-to-void-pointer. There's room for everyone and their not-their-things. The language isn't the problem, the people 'er the problem. Wait, did I say that? I meant, er-a-wha-fwap-ha-em-wha is the problem.