starting strength gym
Page 789 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 28968973977978778878979079179983988912891789 ... LastLast
Results 7,881 to 7,890 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    On the effectiveness of the Pfizer vaccine, based on the CDC best estimate of IFR by age....

A vaccinated 50-69 year old would be at 2.5 times higher fatality risk than an unvaccinated 20-49 year old.
    A vaccinated 70+ year old would be at 27 times higher fatality risk than an unvaccinated 20-49 year old.

Statistics applied over assumptions, but people will feel safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The corporate tax rate dropping to 21% was one of the very important reasons that unemployment was at historic lows during the pre-covid Trump administration.
    For those who think 21% is too low, it is not. We pay 20% in the UK and get along just fine. Ireland pay 12.5%...

What is too low is the rate paid by big tech because they abuse transfer pricing. Trump actually got many of them to repatriate these profits to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    This is Dave Smith’s assessment, roughly....
    I hope Dave is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    ...just wait until people on the right realize that it's going to take an actual fascist dictator to stop the Left from reaching it's end game.
    Whether Trump wins or loses, I think this is where we're headed. Both sides are backing the other into a corner. AOC and her ilk are already calling for lists of Trump's staff and close supporters so they can blacklist them. If it really is a race to dictatorship, it looks like the left already has a leg up on the right.
    What is the alternative if he is wrong? At this point, maybe the best we can hope for is that he is right and our leader prioritizes constitutional reformation after he has the totalitarian control to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Pfizer claims 90% effective Covid vaccine.
    Impressive.
    After the 9 months of Covid lies, are you still inclined to believe them when they say it is "effective" or "safe" or "impressive"?

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    I agree with you; the language is over-used and really not accurate...
    Don't agree with him. He was trying to use semantics to deflect from the core issue.

It is analogous to saying the language used to describe gender is never really accurate unless it's precisely identified as a nonbinary-they/that-trans-she-queer identifying as a closeted gay professional female athlete.

No, I don't give a fuck what you want to debate about the correct terminology for that sort of person; They are not female and don't get to compete as a female. The reality is constant; we don't care what sort of word games you want to play.

Equity over Equality as Harris espouses in her tweets is communist ideology.

You didn't look hard enough, of course......

https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/sta...994289154?s=09

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Although most intelligent people knew the pandemic would be downgraded from existential to moderate as soon as Biden was elected, where is the celebration for tough problem solved?
    It will take a while for the crazies to shift from “the world is never going back to normal” to finding their next battlefront. We need to thank them for taking all these measures to protect our most vulnerable elderly members from the hordes of irresponsible COVID deniers that would have slaughtered them all.

Jesus Christ, it will be so funny to see them go on live tv to explain how we shouldn’t take the masks off next summer with collective immunity and five vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Not much of a conspiracy guy and I don’t think we are in the worst of times, but it is suspicious that the cure for COVID was announced after the Biden election announcement.

A 90% effective vaccine, available starting next week, is a remarkable achievement. Masks, quarantine for all, and “following the science”, not so much.

Although most intelligent people knew the pandemic would be downgraded from existential to moderate as soon as Biden was elected, where is the celebration for tough problem solved?
    At this point I've just embrace the "conspiracy theorist" label. It's like Rip and his opinion on getting called an asshole. Keep in mind though, the people who are going to call you a conspiracy theorist are some of those same people who wore a canister respirator back in March/April and are still terrified of an inconsequential virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The corporate tax rate dropping to 21% was one of the very important reasons that unemployment was at historic lows during the pre-covid Trump administration.
    Perhaps but

1) Raising the corporate tax rate does not make one a communist. Not that you think it does, but just clarifying this.

2) The tax cut was the centrepiece of the Romney/Ryan presidential platform. So if you want to elect the champions of that tax plan, then look no further than Senator Romney. I'm sure Ryan is raking in the doe as a lobbyist somewhere.

and

3) It's not my area of expertise, but the deficient being larger than ever, is partly due to the tax cut. There was no reduction in spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Le Comte View Post
    On the effectiveness of the Pfizer vaccine, based on the CDC best estimate of IFR by age....

A vaccinated 50-69 year old would be at 2.5 times higher fatality risk than an unvaccinated 20-49 year old.
    A vaccinated 70+ year old would be at 27 times higher fatality risk than an unvaccinated 20-49 year old.

Statistics applied over assumptions, but people will feel safer.
    As a 50+ y.o., I am offended. Why didn't Fox news mention this?

Quote Originally Posted by alsbos View Post
    It's not my area of expertise, but the deficient (sic) being larger than ever, is partly due to the tax cut. There was no reduction in spending.
    It appears that logic is also not your area of expertise.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    After the 9 months of Covid lies, are you still inclined to believe them when they say it is "effective" or "safe" or "impressive"?
    I just want to be protected.

Ha, no, it was a disinterested observation, tongue-in-cheek.

Something seems unusual about 90%-anything. Beyond my experience. Combine that potential stretch with post-election timing, and we're back to the usual.

If the 90% is accurate, why can't they make the flu shot 90% effective? Because of mutations, i.e. it's not one thing? Does that imply that the flu shot /is/ ~ 90% effective against the strains which it was designed for?