starting strength gym
Page 790 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 29069074078078878979079179280084089012901790 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,900 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Le Comte View Post
    On the effectiveness of the Pfizer vaccine, based on the CDC best estimate of IFR by age....

A vaccinated 50-69 year old would be at 2.5 times higher fatality risk than an unvaccinated 20-49 year old.
    A vaccinated 70+ year old would be at 27 times higher fatality risk than an unvaccinated 20-49 year old.

Statistics applied over assumptions, but people will feel safer.
    Also worth noting is that this would be the first RNA vaccine ever approved for use.

I’m big on molecular biology as a potential for therapeutics (spent quite some time working in MB doing just this for a major pharm), but I’m a bit concerned about a fast tracked RNA vaccine. They may prove awesome, but it’s a new way of fortifying immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Also worth noting is that this would be the first RNA vaccine ever approved for use.

I’m big on molecular biology as a potential for therapeutics (spent quite some time working in MB doing just this for a major pharm), but I’m a bit concerned about a fast tracked RNA vaccine. They may prove awesome, but it’s a new way of fortifying immunity.
    Can this mRNA technique cause permanent genetic mutations, which I suppose would be inheritable? Like modifying a compiler (see Ken Thompson’s paper that od1 linked earlier).

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Can this mRNA technique cause permanent genetic mutations, which I suppose would be inheritable? Like modifying a compiler (see Ken Thompson’s paper that od1 linked earlier).
    So we go from COVID-19 to ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. Great

Something seems unusual about 90%-anything. Beyond my experience. Combine that potential stretch with post-election timing, and we're back to the usual.

If the 90% is accurate, why can't they make the flu shot 90% effective? Because of mutations, i.e. it's not one thing? Does that imply that the flu shot /is/ ~ 90% effective against the strains which it was designed for?
    This is how the CDC describes it, but I'm not sure what this is worth:

Principles of Epidemiology | Lesson 3 - Section 6

If you believe that covid is as harmless as a cold and has been over-hyped by media, then you could say that if a vaccine is advertised as "90% effective" but in reality is only "0-5% effective", it will be easy to fool people that this vaccine is "90% effective".... just modify the media story on covid -- which is exactly what we all expected after a Biden win. That 10% is probably the reality of the numbers we are seeing as serious illness, so it all plays out nicely for the media/democrat narrative, ie, 80-90% of people that get it are fine, the rest have some trouble..which matches up nicely with the "effectiveness" of the vaccine.

The US is also likely to see a huge economic boom once the vaccine "works" (ie, the media changes it's story). And guess who will get all the credit for the US economy and saving the world?

Coronavirus was a weapon to get Trump out of office, and it looks like he's been checkmated. Hopefully real Americans won't let themselves lose.

Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    Coronavirus was a weapon to get Trump out of office, and it looks like he's been checkmated.
    I think that if US elections are this easily rigged, and that if the fraud is this readily swallowed, Trump is the most insignificant casualty. If the votes needed to defeat the candidate of choice can be fabricated during the night after the election, why would anyone waste their time by voting? Things just are not as simple as sucking it up and getting on with the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I think that if US elections are this easily rigged, and that if the fraud is this readily swallowed, Trump is the most insignificant casualty. If the votes needed to defeat the candidate of choice can be fabricated during the night after the election, why would anyone waste their time by voting? Things just are not as simple as sucking it up and getting on with the day.
    The “security audit” video linked earlier by Kitsuma completely damns the entire voting infrastructure. There’s some, but slight, reference by the media to the deep vulnerabilities (“Dominion” etc). I think it’s too geeky to feature properly.

This seems unlikely as the rationale behind RNA vaccines makes sense on paper. However, programming a cell to surface an antigen is pretty complex (specificity in receptor interactions are complex in general). That being said, we just don’t quite know yet as mutations and inheritance usually takes generations to assess. And funky things can happen.

Full disclosure: I do think there’s tremendous potential in RNA vaccines (but I’m a nobody who happens to have some experience) and I invested in a biotech company a while back that is also working on a RNA vaccine (not Pfizer.) It’s not the RNA technology itself that gives me pause as much as the fast tracking of this novel way of providing immunity. Again, it may be great...

I hope that makes sense.

Oh and masks don’t work.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Full disclosure: I do think there’s tremendous potential in RNA vaccines (but I’m a nobody who happens to have some experience) and I invested in a biotech company a while back that is also working on a RNA vaccine (not Pfizer.) It’s not the RNA technology itself that gives me pause as much as the fast tracking of this novel way of providing immunity. Again, it may be great...

I hope that makes sense.

Oh and masks don’t work.
    They’re delivering more complexity with minimal testing, merely at the “effectiveness” level. They’re messing with genetics, so can’y possibly claim no serious /long-term/ side effects. Complexity often means “if it can happen, it will”.

I don’t know much. But I don’t like it. Too many notes.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    If you believe that covid is as harmless as a cold and has been over-hyped by media, then you could say that if a vaccine is advertised as "90% effective" but in reality is only "0-5% effective", it will be easy to fool people that this vaccine is "90% effective".... just modify the media story on covid -- which is exactly what we all expected after a Biden win. That 10% is probably the reality of the numbers we are seeing as serious illness, so it all plays out nicely for the media/democrat narrative, ie, 80-90% of people that get it are fine, the rest have some trouble..which matches up nicely with the "effectiveness" of the vaccine.
    For $100 I will personally bless people and provide an almost zero chance of them dying from Covid.

Money back guarantee.