starting strength gym
Page 793 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 29369374378379179279379479580384389312931793 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,930 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    I don't know about everyone else, but it makes me very comfortable knowing that the caucus and voting software we use have names like "Shadow" and "Dominion".
    Well, I've been walking around in a daze after learning how insecure our voting system is. I'm referring to the security audit I posted earlier, of course.
    It's another example of Government pretending to fail. It was left insecure for many years so that it could be manipulated.

As I said earlier, this is about more than just a 4 year election. This is about disclosing to the people the fake elections we've had for many years...and, more importantly, FIXING IT for good.

VNV...I know you watched and understand that Audit. Is your mind blown as well?

It's why I'm ready to plop down some $$ in Vegas on this election. Odds were 271 / 1. They are now 9/1, so Vegas is starting to see the tide is turning:
    Betfair Exchange | Best Odds Online, Back and Lay Betting

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    A recurring theme I expect to see in this movie is the reappearance of characters who fell out with Trump. The more public the disagreement, the more likely the character will be used again.

Rumor has it that that Jeff Sessions will head up the investigation into voter fraud for the DOJ.

Optics are important. The left thinks Sessions is on their team.

Be sure to revisit clarence thomas' interactions with Biden during his high tech lynching in 1991. Combined with the still raw wounds of Kavanaugh and amy coney Barret...and its clear somebody planned all of this.

Btw....Barret and Kavanaugh helped Bush take his election from president elect Gore after 27 days.

Military grade precision planning.
    People are unable to process information unless it comes in the form of a story. If there aren't characters and plots and drama, most people won't bother tuning in. I think things are starting to breakdown because narrative the media is pushing has become too divorced from reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Young Shea here, sitting at home wearing his mask while linking to USA Today as "proof", is indicative of the electorate in 2020. I don't know how this can be fixed since the 105s elect the President. The media propaganda capacity in today's technological culture so thoroughly dwarfs anything ever dreamed of in Goebbels's fevered mind that I'm afraid this blizzard of lies has completely overwhelmed us, to the extent that it is not correctable. Literally everything uttered in the media is a baldfaced lie, to the extent that if they tell you Alex Trebek died, you have no reason to believe it. Yet people eat this plate of shit every day, with a little hot sauce, and believe it with every fiber of their little brains. For them, it's true, because "They can't say it if it's not true." The very idea that things are not the way NBCABCCBSCNN tells you they are simply cannot be grasped by the entire mass of the population in the middle of the bell curve.

The momentum is just too big a number at this point, and if Trump somehow manages to get this election investigated (his own law firm in DC is leaking to the NY Times as we type here), the chaos and devastation that will follow may well not be worth the privilege of participating in a real democratic process again. Note that the very second the networks decided that they would go ahead and call it for Biden, all the street violence stopped. They have very effectively demonstrated that we don't get to decide who the President is, unless they approve of our choice, and that they will do absolutely anything they have to do to prevent us from "choosing badly" again.

The ramifications of this are too staggering to grasp.

For better or for worse, information gatekeepers have become obsolete. Anyone can do their own research into these things and come to their own conclusions. A team of anonymous Twitter users or a blog by an observer like William Briggs have just as much standing in a lot of people's minds as Fox or CNN. Why wait for the TV's crack team of experts to tell me what's real when I can listen to the opinions of 10 other ones and come to my own conclusions?

It's entirely possible that Trump could end up losing this election, but the problem of competing narratives isn't going to go away. It's going to have to get resolved either by force or by argument. If I were a member of the journalist class and cared about more than just holding on to my own position and prestige, I would start thinking about ways to adapt to the current cornucopia of information that's available, rather than trying to subvert it. Unless the US decides to go the way of China and assume full control of the internet, I don't think the fundamental issue society is dealing with is going away.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    That being said, the urgency, politics, and financial motivation around covid might have goosed the development process enough that we get a new class of cheap, effective, safe vaccines. Kind of like the space program gave us Tang, etc.
    Great!

I think perhaps an endemic complacency was overcome in the work towards this vaccine. However, the direct results of the space program were fraught with extreme risk and failure. And perhaps that’s the price that must be paid for a covid vaccine. But it is certainly not being presented that way.

Tang, as much as I like it, does not have Space heritage, which is disappointing. (Same for teflon and Velcro.)

And I do think the “90%” claim involves a good deal of posturing by Pfizer.

I don’t trust anything the Media says. We have people signing sworn affidavits that they witnessed fraud.

Stunning Sworn Affidavit From Former MI Asst. AG: Election Worker Assigned New Names To Voters When It Appeared Absentee Ballot Was From Person Who Already Voted

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Well, I've been walking around in a daze after learning how insecure our voting system is. I'm referring to the security audit I posted earlier, of course.
    It's another example of Government pretending to fail. It was left insecure for many years so that it could be manipulated.

As I said earlier, this is about more than just a 4 year election. This is about disclosing to the people the fake elections we've had for many years...and, more importantly, FIXING IT for good.

VNV...I know you watched and understand that Audit. Is your mind blown as well?

It's why I'm ready to plop down some $$ in Vegas on this election. Odds were 271 / 1. They are now 9/1, so Vegas is starting to see the tide is turning:
    Betfair Exchange | Best Odds Online, Back and Lay Betting
    I was not surprised. My expectations were already low. Just disappointed, like Eeyore.

Nonetheless Pissed.

And then there are the putative links between various high-profile Dems and those voting tech companies, forgot quite how. If true, it’s gross that such people are close to national security apparatus; they can’t recuse themselves from a financial involvement with such blatant /appearance/ of conflict of interest?

More Piss.

Back to the point about “complexity”. If it can happen, it will. Particularly apropos here. And if I heard right in the video, nearly invisibly (no paper exchanges/stuffing/etc required). Only visibility would be through statistical analyses like Briggs (and hopefully others) is doing.

I forwarded the video to Friend who saved it offline. I would like to know more about Mr. Security Audit’s company. Seems like a very practical fellow.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Tang, as much as I like it, does not have Space heritage, which is disappointing. (Same for teflon and Velcro.)
    In order to preserve what is left of the iconomythology of my childhood, I am going to pretend you didn’t say that. Next you’ll be telling me the astronauts didn’t eat that dehydrated ice cream!

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    People are unable to process information unless it comes in the form of a story.

For better or for worse, information gatekeepers have become obsolete. Anyone can do their own research into these things and come to their own conclusions. A team of anonymous Twitter users or a blog by an observer like William Briggs have just as much standing in a lot of people's minds as Fox or CNN. Why wait for the TV's crack team of experts to tell me what's real when I can listen to the opinions of 10 other ones and come to my own conclusions?

It's entirely possible that Trump could end up losing this election, but the problem of competing narratives isn't going to go away. It's going to have to get resolved either by force or by argument. If I were a member of the journalist class and cared about more than just holding on to my own position and prestige, I would start thinking about ways to adapt to the current cornucopia of information that's available, rather than trying to subvert it. Unless the US decides to go the way of China and assume full control of the internet, I don't think the fundamental issue society is dealing with is going away.
    What you see from the media has been infotainment rather than information for at least fifteen years now. I witnessed it first hand. There was a semblance of normalcy until the 2008 crisis, but it has gone to absolute shit since.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Exactly my concerns. Give it waaaay more time and it could be ascertained as safe. Or not. Hell, it may be safe now but the point is, it’s a new thing. A new kind of vaccine. There’s a reason clinical trials take time.
    I want to read the paper showing all the data.
    I feel I need to restate, I am a huge fan of molecular bio and it’s role in elucidating potential therapeutics. It’s a promised land on paper, but it warrants great care and while it could be great, it also may not be good.
    This reminds me of the early days of gene therapy trials when they apparently didn't realize or care they were increasing the risk of severe idiosyncratic immune reactions when they kept increasing the viral vector load by 10^3 to improve effectiveness.

...The ramifications of this are too staggering to grasp.
    We have to remember the majority of Chinese citizens still believe the official propaganda news channels. Even many of them who have immigrated to the U.S.

The Soviets took decades of lies and pain to realize that Stalin's "Pravda" (Truth) media empire was actually pushing baldfaced lies and propaganda. Many believed it their whole lives.

A very large percentage of Venezuelans still believe the propaganda in their country, even as they starve on the "Maduro diet".

"Now President Trump can go to the Supreme Court and have the elections in Michigan and Pennsylvania declared invalid."

This breaks the rest of the reasoning. The Supreme Court is not going to review the "validity" of a state's election, whatever that means. There is no such standard. They might realistically review a narrow legal question appealed from a state court over all of this.

The article mentions Tilden/Hayes, but implies that results were "invalidated" by some source of authority, which did not happen. Instead, several southern states had descended into chaos over internal problems related to Reconstruction and simply did not transmit results from their electors.

It's certainly possible that Trump will maneuver his way to a recount in Pennsylvania, but the author also quotes Toomey on the Boockvar appeal as if this leads to his conclusion, when it actually impacts a small number of ballots that aren't going to change the outcome.

Trump has some options to drag this out, but anything that makes it to the Supreme Court is going to turn on the mechanisms of the laws of Pennsylvania and Michigan.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by alsbos View Post

When Goldman Sachs supports your presidency, you aren't communist. I don't think you have any idea what a communist actually is.
    Communism in theory and communism in practice are two different things. In the latter, it essentially becomes a small group of elites completely dominating the course of the state. Kind of like what a certain banking cartel has been slowly working towards in this country.