starting strength gym
Page 796 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 29669674678679479579679779880684689612961796 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,960 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "… And the British media seem confused: https://twitter.com/JohnD_ohh/status...40889484742659…"

And what makes it worse is that the UK broadcast media are supposed (by law) to be impartial. Of course they aren't, and we have no right-leaning counter-balance as you do, at least to some extent, in the US with Fox News. Sky News - for whom Fatty Boulton works - used to be ok but has regressed enormously since Rupert Murdoch sold up.

If you want some light relief on the British grasp of US politics have a look at the interview below between Kay Burley (Sky News) and Sebastian Gorka:
    Gorka destroys Kay Burley over Trump & Election. Sebastian Gorka on Sky News - YouTube

I know we've mostly moved onto election stuff, but saw this comparison of FL vs NY today, and it immediately struck me. It’s been six weeks since Florida lifted all restrictions, and over SIX MONTHS since they began reopening with beaches, bars, and restaurants with some restrictions. And yet Florida looks literally like the textbook case of what we were told was a perfect outcome that could only be achieved with all kinds of major, unprecedented mitigations. No exponential spread.

The problem is the unscientific and irrational members of Team Apocalypse have been programmed to believe that Florida's line could've, should've, and would've been literally flat at ZERO if they'd only followed The Scienceᵀᴹ. Instead of seeing how deeply this real-world data contradicts their experts predictions & models of endless exponential spread, mountains of corpses, and overrun hospitals that look like a front line army MASH unit after a bombardment; all they see is that some people died, assume a priori (against all evidence and reason) that it would've been zero had they locked down and masked harder, and blame Trump and DeSantis personally for each and every one of those deaths.

Religions around the world are taking notes and wondering how to recreate such fervent belief and dedication among their own followers.

IMG_3823.jpg
    IMG_3880.jpg

Bill always cuts through the bullshit:

The Stolen Election, Part One: AMERICAN PRAVDA – Bill Whittle

Quote Originally Posted by QuinceTree View Post
    we have no right-leaning counter-balance as you do, at least to some extent, in the US with Fox News.
    Those days are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    If you want to continue to play semantics, knock yourself out. Seems you're in this to pick fights and be an asshole. so, consider yourself being ignored from here on out.
    Sure, ignore away. But if the difference between a capitalist and a communist isn't important, I have no idea what is. On the rare occasion I visit Breitbart, I notice everyone calls anyone who's a democrat a communist. Which I find very strange, as none of them are. Even Sanders isn't actually a communist.

But I think I've sorta figured it out. I think to the religious right, anyone who isn't an ally, is a called communist. Its not about economics, which I've been assuming, but about religion. I guess.

Anyways, here's a quote from the DJT's webpage describing his Platinum plan for Black Americans:

https://cdn.donaldjtrump.com/public-...al-version.pdf

"FAIRNESS – As demonstrated through his actions to initiate investment into Opportunity Zones, as well as
    address health disparities, wage gaps and necessary education reforms, President Trump works every day
    to advance a fair and just America for the Black Community"

Quote Originally Posted by alsbos View Post
    I think to the religious right, anyone who isn't an ally, is a called communist. Its not about economics, which I've been assuming, but about religion. I guess.
    It's their version of "Racist." I guess everybody wants an ugly word.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Outstanding. Thanks. I will be sharing this.

Masks don't do a goddamn thing except piss people off: Authors Retract Study Showing Efficacy of Mask Mandates—as Biden Pushes Nationwide Requirement - Foundation for Economic Education

And we need more guys like this: USPS Whistleblower demands Washington Post retract story saying he recanted allegations of voter fraud - Sara A. Carter : Sara A. Carter

Note the actions of the Washington Post. This doesn't even rise to the level of propaganda, which at least is an art form.

Texas now has more total Covid deaths than California, despite ~75% of the population. I wonder why...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    I know we've mostly moved onto election stuff, but saw this comparison of FL vs NY today, and it immediately struck me. It’s been six weeks since Florida lifted all restrictions, and over SIX MONTHS since they began reopening with beaches, bars, and restaurants with some restrictions. And yet Florida looks literally like the textbook case of what we were told was a perfect outcome that could only be achieved with all kinds of major, unprecedented mitigations. No exponential spread.

The problem is the unscientific and irrational members of Team Apocalypse have been programmed to believe that Florida's line could've, should've, and would've been literally flat at ZERO if they'd only followed The Scienceᵀᴹ. Instead of seeing how deeply this real-world data contradicts their experts predictions & models of endless exponential spread, mountains of corpses, and overrun hospitals that look like a front line army MASH unit after a bombardment; all they see is that some people died, assume a priori (against all evidence and reason) that it would've been zero had they locked down and masked harder, and blame Trump and DeSantis personally for each and every one of those deaths.

Religions around the world are taking notes and wondering how to recreate such fervent belief and dedication among their own followers.

IMG_3823.jpg
    IMG_3880.jpg
    Again, there are no exit criteria. None are ever discussed. At one point it was “vaccine” said sideways, but no longer.

Again, should we expect to eliminate covid like polio? Zero true cases. Ambitious.

There’e a book by Ronald Knox which I’ve been meaning to read: “Enthusiasm”. I think it applies here.

Covid seems to have (for now) supplanted Climate in satisfying the religious impulse.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by nykid View Post
    Texas now has more total Covid deaths than California, despite ~75% of the population. I wonder why...
    Texas 19425 (0.067% DRC19) =/= New York 33373 (0.171% DRC19). Enjoy your lovely state.

Here's an interesting map: Every Legal Vote