starting strength gym
Page 799 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 29969974978979779879980080180984989912991799 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,990 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    How much of the video did you watch?
    Didn't watch all of it. Started at the 10min mark (to see analysis setup and their measure definitions), and watched till about the 45 minute mark.

Quote Originally Posted by alsbos View Post
    There's a drug by alnylum called patisiran, recently approved. I believe that's the first RNA drug. There are no DNA containing drugs that I can think of. Otherwise, there are no other drugs that require placing DNA/RNA directly into cells. So this Pfizer vaccine would only be the second case. Of course, as you say, lots of other drugs influence translation, transcription, and/or act by damaging DNA/RNA.
    There are a few others RNA drugs, but no RNA-based vaccines yet.

RNA therapies explained

Researchers have been messing with this stuff for almost 30 years now, and I would expect a pretty good transfer from animal models to humans, as genetics is pretty well conserved across species. It’s very different, however, to roll a new technology and novel drug out to maybe half the world population as opposed to a small group affected by an orphan disease who are often willing to assume significant risks. We’ll see.

You know exactly where it goes. Every time there's a brand new disease, the process starts over. It turns out that a lot of money has been wasted on stadiums.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You know exactly where it goes. Every time there's a brand new disease, the process starts over. It turns out that a lot of money has been wasted on stadiums.
    Viva local music!

I like my CD player. And my DVD player.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    Researchers have been messing with this stuff for almost 30 years now, and I would expect a pretty good transfer from animal models to humans, as genetics is pretty well conserved across species.
    This is not my experience. Rarely does a therapeutic go from animal model to approval in humans and most often therapeutics don’t make it out of the stages of animal models.

“Genetics” is a far different science than molecular biology and biochemistry. The whole point of species is that they differ genetically.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    This is not my experience. Rarely does a therapeutic go from animal model to approval in humans and most often therapeutics don’t make it out of the stages of animal models.

“Genetics” is a far different science than molecular biology and biochemistry. The whole point of species is that they differ genetically.
    Tangential, or perhaps not.

Pfizer CEO dumps ~ %60 of his stock just after their vaccine announcement. I guess CEO’s do that.

But you know, /if I were him/, and thought I just broke critical ground, I’d hold that stock for another 10 years.

Won’t this new mRNA technique lead to a cornucopia of new remedies and therapies? If so, Pfizer could become a 10-bagger.

starting strength coach development program
    Hand recount in Georgia. This man brings up a great point.

Steve Cortes: Trump will prevail in a hand recount/audit. - YouTube