COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 799

starting strength gym
Page 799 of 2167 FirstFirst ... 29969974978979779879980080180984989912991799 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,990 of 21670

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #7981
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    62

    Default

    • starting strength seminar june 2022
    • starting strength seminar august 2022
    • starting strength seminar october 2022
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    How much of the video did you watch?
    Didn't watch all of it. Started at the 10min mark (to see analysis setup and their measure definitions), and watched till about the 45 minute mark.

  2. #7982
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    2,982

  3. #7983
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alsbos View Post
    There's a drug by alnylum called patisiran, recently approved. I believe that's the first RNA drug. There are no DNA containing drugs that I can think of. Otherwise, there are no other drugs that require placing DNA/RNA directly into cells. So this Pfizer vaccine would only be the second case. Of course, as you say, lots of other drugs influence translation, transcription, and/or act by damaging DNA/RNA.
    There are a few others RNA drugs, but no RNA-based vaccines yet.

    RNA therapies explained

    Researchers have been messing with this stuff for almost 30 years now, and I would expect a pretty good transfer from animal models to humans, as genetics is pretty well conserved across species. It’s very different, however, to roll a new technology and novel drug out to maybe half the world population as opposed to a small group affected by an orphan disease who are often willing to assume significant risks. We’ll see.

  4. #7984
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    27

  5. #7985
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    48,436

    Default

    You know exactly where it goes. Every time there's a brand new disease, the process starts over. It turns out that a lot of money has been wasted on stadiums.

  6. #7986
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    2,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You know exactly where it goes. Every time there's a brand new disease, the process starts over. It turns out that a lot of money has been wasted on stadiums.
    Viva local music!

  7. #7987
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    48,436

    Default

    I like my CD player. And my DVD player.

  8. #7988
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    Researchers have been messing with this stuff for almost 30 years now, and I would expect a pretty good transfer from animal models to humans, as genetics is pretty well conserved across species.
    This is not my experience. Rarely does a therapeutic go from animal model to approval in humans and most often therapeutics don’t make it out of the stages of animal models.

    “Genetics” is a far different science than molecular biology and biochemistry. The whole point of species is that they differ genetically.

  9. #7989
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    This is not my experience. Rarely does a therapeutic go from animal model to approval in humans and most often therapeutics don’t make it out of the stages of animal models.

    “Genetics” is a far different science than molecular biology and biochemistry. The whole point of species is that they differ genetically.
    Tangential, or perhaps not.

    Pfizer CEO dumps ~ %60 of his stock just after their vaccine announcement. I guess CEO’s do that.

    But you know, /if I were him/, and thought I just broke critical ground, I’d hold that stock for another 10 years.

    Won’t this new mRNA technique lead to a cornucopia of new remedies and therapies? If so, Pfizer could become a 10-bagger.

  10. #7990
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    284

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Hand recount in Georgia. This man brings up a great point.

    Steve Cortes: Trump will prevail in a hand recount/audit. - YouTube

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •