starting strength gym
Page 801 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 30170175179179980080180280381185190113011801 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,010 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post
    I stand corrected. The intention to ban muslims from entering the US is islamophobic, not racist.
    This juvenile statement renders the rest of this post irrelevant. Posting here requires more from you than mere access to CNN.

Now, here is an interesting idea. This imbecile wants to revive the US Economy by shutting down the US Economy, over a virus with a survival rate of 99.97%:

Biden Covid advisor says U.S. lockdown of 4 to 6 weeks could control pandemic and revive economy

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Over a virus with a survival rate of 99.97%.

As Mr. Wolf mentioned, Trump was certainly not any kind of Caesarian strongman who was ever realistically going to go against the globalists. We know it. The opposition know it, but pushed the narrative anyway. I don't blame them. It worked.

The reason Trump had to go is because, back in 2016 anyway, he represented something dangerous to the establishment, and particularly since WWII, is totally forbidden in the West. He represented an illiberal spirit among Americans; rising national consciousness. Nationalism with a big 'N'.
    It wasn't that Trump himself was anything special. He was objectively hilarious and has made for some great entertainment in his owning of the libtards, but he didn't threaten the status quo. Any reasonable Trumper can now see the swamp cannot be drained through legal and democratic means, even if someone like President Trump wanted to.

As I said before, even his supporters couldn't fail to notice how he became an establishment Republican pretty quickly. He didn't create his own alternative media company as promised. In fact, other than some mean tweets and remarks in the White House press briefing room, he didn't do anything to counter MSM propaganda, or Big Tech internet censorship - which has cost him more votes than any widespread voter fraud.

Instead of easing tensions in the Middle East, he murdered an Iranian hero general with a drone-strike because "terrorism". Where have we heard that before? He has only built on the momentum to start an eventual war with Iran - the last domino to fall in the neo-con Middle East project. His moves in Israel only exacerbated tensions in the region.

He promised to eradicate national debt in 8 years. Instead, he realised it was an impossible promise, and so added to it.

The list goes on - and I was enthusiastically supportive of Trump four years ago. I've realised his marketing message and campaign promise was simply impossible to realise.

Jenni, your progressive pals were prepared to vote for Biden - a senile, incoherent, child-sniffing former racist - because in their minds anything was preferable to the growth of the spirit of real Nationalism which Trump's ascendance represented. Just as they were prepared to vote for a blood-drenched, war-obsessed convulsing demon candidate in HRC to prevent it four years before. They voted Trump out for a return to "normalcy" - normalcy meaning neo-liberal capitalism and woke culture. Actually, it is a return to "money" as the core spiritual component and driving force behind America, as opposed to dangerous ideas like Nationalism bubbling up and taking center stage.

You can't blame them, as such. They have been completely brainwashed by a lifetime of state education and consumption of corporate media product to associate any form of "nationalism" with evil "fascism", as you mentioned. Terms like "Green" and "fair" and now "public safety", as with COVID-19, are merely the tools used to bludgeon people's opinions into submission.

You asked "When did we get to the point where it's considered cool to judge someone's ethics and character based on who you think they voted for?" and the answer is when our institutions realised identity politics was the most powerful tool to manage the opinions and behaviour of a mass of people.

Identity politics is particularly effective with a mass of people who have been taught to think of themselves as atheistic, materialistic individuals and who have no traditional sense of community anymore. People who look for an identity, and seek out meaning in their lives, in the products they consume, and the political ideology they cling to.

The ideas behind the narrative of oppression and identity politics may have historically come out of the political left, but it is now owned and employed by both sides and throughout every tier of power in our society. It's not limited to the "Stalinists". From corporations and the media to academia and science. Even the "strongman" Trump himself, when faced with widespread public disorder and rioting after the death of a single black man, just started haemorrhaging hundreds of billions of dollars at blacks and consciously supported and built-upon this narrative of oppression and identity politics. As long as our institutions behave this way, there will be no change. As long as we vote this way, there will be no change either.

Maybe we now need a new Caesar or Augustus. Maybe we're approaching the part of the civilisational cycle which requires a strongman rather than a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This juvenile statement renders the rest of this post irrelevant. Posting here requires more from you than mere access to CNN.

Now, here is an interesting idea. This imbecile wants to revive the US Economy by shutting down the US Economy, over a virus with a survival rate of 99.97%:

Biden Covid advisor says U.S. lockdown of 4 to 6 weeks could control pandemic and revive economy

Oh it's even more crazy than that. Check this out from the man who would be President's chief of staff. FLASHBACK: Biden's chief of staff pick admits Obama admin did everything wrong with H1N1 - 1010 WCSI

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    My co-worker who has a bumper sticker on her car "Trump 2020" was told by our boss "I don't like that sticker, in my parking lot" and left the building. I looked into it, and he could actually fire her for that. Crazy shit, she was super worried and now is in fear of losing her job, but doesn't want to remove the sticker. It is his business and he has the right, but what a shitty thing to do.
    While I have and wear all manner of similar ball caps as an act of provocation, I will not put anything like that on my vehicle. Living in SoCal for all those years and hearing tales of vandalized cars from such bumper stickers put me wise. I'll wear and defy anyone who might want to take issue with me to my face, but it's the cowardly souls who will damage my property when I'm not around to catch and kick their ass that I won't take a chance on.

When I saw that headline this morning it took about 20 minutes for my heart rate to get back to normal. They have no idea... I suspect I'm not alone.

They have no authority to do this, obviously. Their thinking is, "Who needs authority when you have power?" They are looking at the mask compliance rate as a gauge of this power, and it's probably accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Oh it's even more crazy than that. Check this out from the man who would be President's chief of staff. [url=https://1010wcsi.com/fox-politics/flashback-bidens-chief-of-staff-pick-admits-obama-admin-did-everything-wrong-with-h1n1/]FLASHBACK: Biden's chief of staff pick admits Obama admin did everything wrong with H1N1...
    Exactly, they are answering the question about why we have never locked down the whole fucking economy for a bad case of the flu, "Oh Obama got it wrong now we're gonna do it right."

New Zealand has turned into a complete dystopia, hell on earth. By popular vote, so I don't really have much pity for them. As for the Biden guy, these assholes who serve on advisory panels are mostly for show. They will get all the media traction, but the brass will not listen to them. Has been the case in Croatia since the farce began. We got a dude just like this one, motherfuckers even look alike, check it out: https://static.slobodnadalmacija.hr/...06-24-16-10-44

He's always raving about lockdowns, bodies on the streets, bullshit like that. The media love him, the government ignores him.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    I was talking specifically about the mechanics of genetic transcription, inheritance, etc., not about the genes themselves. Yes, species differ genetically, although not as much as you would think. But that's beside the point. The central dogma of DNA->RNA->protein is not universal, but it is exactly as applicable in humans as it is in other mammals. And the vast majority of what we have learned about this, from bacteriophage viruses on up to chimps, is directly transferable to understanding how genes work on the cellular level in humans.

If you're wondering whether a scrap of mRNA is going to worm its way back into a nucleus and add a heritable mutation, which is what most people worried about "messing with genetics" are thinking of, then testing this concept on an animal cell is pretty much as good as on a human cell. And that's been done many many times over decades. And there are several drugs out there that use some version of introducing RNA for therapeutic effect, as you point out, so this has been tested in humans as well.

You are completely correct that many if not the majority of drugs that work in other animals fail to be as useful in humans. I wasn't trying to make a point on the efficacy of an mRNA vaccine, only on its safety.
    Thank you for your clarification. I am not really worried about a scrap of mRNA adding heritable mutations. I am simply saying that it is a rushed vaccine using a relatively new technology. My experience in cellular up and down regulation informs me that there are quite a few signaling pathways we do not fully understand. But alas, like I said, I am a fan of molecular biology as it relates to therapeutic potentials.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    Company insiders do not do stupid shit like this because it so obviously looks like insider trading - that's why they have procedures set up for this kind of thing. Pfizer's CEO probably had this sale in the works for a month or so before it happened. Have you considered that perhaps, in his opinion, he has also been hit by the government response to the pandemic and wants some liquid cash?

Sure, maybe he's just a narcissist who thinks he can get away with it, but generally, no one reaches CEO of a fortune 500 company without being calculating and long term thinking.
    Ok, but isn’t the man already filthy liquid rich?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Engaging people as stupid, disingenuous or both as this is probably the biggest problem in the world right now.

People need to learn how to scoff again.

Bankruptcy.

The idiots who will take the vaccine will be afraid to go out anyway and the ones who don't won't be let in.
    I find it a strong argument I heard from a leftie American. It's important to consider counterarguments. So I'll ask it again: If the dems commited fraud to win the presidency, why would they not do the same for the senate? I'm interested in what the response is of someone who believes these fraud allegations. I don't know what to believe, and I don't need to. You don't have to feel insulted if you don't have a rebuttal. English is not my first language, I wasn't trying to be facetious. My apologies if I came across as such.

Heck no, according to CNN, I'm a neonazi. Thank God they have no presence over here.

Why is there a need to deny:
    (1) Trump said some racist shit once
    (2) he dislikes muslims

A person can admit both and still support the resulting policies.

Most Hungarians, including me, are proud of our immigration policies.
    I would still vote "far right" (according to CNN type outlets) even if our leader bashed some Pakistanis or something. Because the alternative would be Budapest turning into Paris and teachers being beheaded.
    But I can and would still oppose a policy of separating families to dissuade immigration. A wall is more effective.
    Why can't this one aspect be criticized as less humane than his predecessors?
    The goal of OUR immigration policy should be to preserve our catholic national identity, not to make others suffer.
    We already lost 2/3 of our country in 1920 due to immigration. Our border fence has been a success for the most part, except that it should've been placed a little to the south.