starting strength gym
Page 831 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 33173178182182983083183283384188193113311831 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,310 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    These pesky foreigners and their silly antics! Like these fools in Portugal, that the MSM has chosen to ignore for obvious reasons:

Portuguese Court Rules PCR Tests “Unreliable” & Quarantines “Unlawful” – OffGuardian
    The dam is breaking. This will be how we exit the pandemic: when countries stop testing millions of asymptomatic people with a PCR sensitivity high enough to make spring water test positive. That change will happen quietly though, the sexier explanations--lockdowns, masks, curfews, and the politicians who order them--will take the credit.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    I beg to disagree Mark. 907 people were not killed by CV-19, but died with CV-19. A lot were old folk with other secondary medical conditions that were compromised by CV-19 as they would have been if they'd had influenza or some other repository illness. But that particular State here Victoria had the most of those 907 casualties. Of course the governor of that state is praised for his handling of that outbreak, which is like thanking an arsonist for putting out his own fire. It was one gigantic stuff up from start to finish. The same thing again in South Australia where one man shut down a state of 1.5 million, like you said there are greater problems here than this virus.
    I mentioned this in my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by BMueller View Post
    Man, when you can no longer trust Tucker, who can you trust?!? If Citizens Free Press or PJMedia decides that maybe the prez doesn’t really have much of a case, is it because they’ve become irredeemably left-wing? This has somehow sunk below the level of those pathetic Democrats who were certain that Trump actively colluded with Russia to win in ‘16, and if only we give it <i>a little more time</i>, the damning proof will reveal itself. It’s right around the corner!
    Ah yes...at least we don't have to wait 3 years like we did for your Russian Collusion fabrication. This will be quick and painless, I promise.

Sidney Powell replies to Dan Bongino
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney Powell
    You have no idea, but you will find out soon!
    #Obama
    #Brennan
    #Clapper
    #CIA
    #TrumpWon
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Bongino
    It’s Friday, November 20th 2020, and the Obama/Biden administration was the most corrupt in US history.
    In unrelated news <cough>, Today the US State Department tweeted
    Following World War II, the Allied governments established the first international criminal tribunals to prosecute war crimes and other wartime atrocities. Learn more about this moment in diplomatic history: The Nuremberg Trial and the Tokyo War Crimes Trials (1945–1948)
    I'm sure the timing of that tweet has no meaning.

Reminder: Lindsey Graham Questions Brett Kavanaugh Senate Confirmation Hearings “Enemy Combatants”

Does colluding with a foreign state power to steal an election qualify?

A couple of pages ago, several of us climbed on jfsully's ass about the bigger picture. Here is a good short view of that picture: The (High) Cost Of Lockdowns: A Preliminary Report | Zero Hedge

Also, all that shit about heart damage from COVID-19: https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1...AHA.120.050543
    I wouldn’t argue with any of that. The costs of the lockdowns have been and continue to be tremendous, and I never said otherwise. I don’t complain about it here because other people make that case better than I could.

The contribution I make on the board, I hope, is to illuminate the medical side of things, as it is easy to misconstrue, and near impossible to get a very accurate account from the media.

I think if you want to make persuasive arguments against overreactions to the coronavirus, which most here do, it’s important to understand what the virus is and isn’t. Especially if you want to convince someone who is uncertain or disagrees with you. If you want to preach to the choir, I’m sure my posts are annoying.

For example, the paper that compares how covid damages the heart vs how other ARDS damages the heart, doesn’t somehow show that covid doesn’t damage the heart. Yes, severe covid might cause less heart injury compared to another critical illness. Cool.

Annoying, I know. But if you post a paper that shows that covid is the Worst Thing Ever, I’d be glad to pick apart that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    My impression from the last few days is this: there is no way Trump is leaving the White House, no matter what happens. Best case scenario, election fraud is proved in court and he's awarded the win. Worst case, the courts give it to Biden, Trump calls their bluff and decides to play Caesar. Either way, the left has backed him into a corner with no way out.

But Biden also can't concede. The Dems have been frothing for 4 years over Trump, and they have no way out either. If Biden backs down the left will have a violent meltdown

Maybe the best thing to do is for Republican governors to pledge their allegiance to Trump, and Democrat states to follow Biden. It'd be a nice, peaceful way to break the United States up without going through a hot Civil War.

Maybe in the future we can even have a situation where we have two Presidents for each side of the political spectrum. Didn't the Roman Republic do something where they had two consuls who ruled at the same timento keep a check on any individuals power? Maybe the same thing could emerge in the US.
    There is literally no chance of trump playing “Caesar” when he loses, get out of your fucking fantasy land weirdo.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    For example, the paper that compares how covid damages the heart vs how other ARDS damages the heart, doesn’t somehow show that covid doesn’t damage the heart. Yes, severe covid might cause less heart injury compared to another critical illness. Cool.

Granted.

However, the MESSAGE has been COVID will give YOUNG people permanent heart damage, to the point where they are should never participate in strenuous activity again. EVER. In fact, this idea was behind a lot of the colleges not playing football....they would die.

College student I know received a FAILING grade on a paper that questioned this premise, simply stating that it was an over statement of the danger.

When, in fact, this seems to indicate that the MESSAGE is not reasonable.

sb

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    The contribution I make on the board, I hope, is to illuminate the medical side of things, as it is easy to misconstrue, and near impossible to get a very accurate account from the media.
    Guys, stop messing with Sully. You are interacting with "professional" Sully as opposed to Sully the person. He CANNOT reveal the person and his true beliefs here as he could easily lose his job. I have relatives in high-enough profile Medical / University positions. They like their jobs too, so they tow the line.

I have always read Sully's posts through the above filter.

I mentioned this in my posts.
    No worries Mark. I kind of got lost in this huge thread of 800 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    I'm sure the timing of that tweet has no meaning.
    The timing does have meaning. Look at the date in the image on the tweet. It's because it's the anniversary of those trials being held.

starting strength coach development program
    s/tow the line/toe the line/ ^^

Here's an example of what is actually being done in this country. I have no way to post the picture, but we just got an "Emergency Alert" from the State of New Mexico. It reads as follows:

(yellow triangle with a ! inside) EMERGENCY ALERTS

Emergency Alert
    NM Covid-19 update: Shelter in place except for
    emergency needs. EXTREME virus risk. Visit
    cv.nmhealth.org for information.
    Yup...something is up: BNO Newsroom Tweet
    36 National Guard troops will be sent to El Paso to help with mortuary operations. Deaths in El Paso are rising faster than the county's ability to investigate. A second morgue will be opened
    More details in the actual tweet.