starting strength gym
Page 836 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 33673678682683483583683783884688693613361836 ... LastLast
Results 8,351 to 8,360 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

No mention of overcrowded funeral homes in the News Media, right? Has there been a recent breakdown in the funeral industry? Were there piles of bodies behind funeral homes back in April?.
    I did catch a MSM piece about he funeral crisis. That they were close to overfilling especially in TX. They interviewed one funeral service outfit. Not sure how long they talked to the owner or what questions they asked him. All the audience heard him say was that he was getting near 40% capacity. No indication if that was a lot or a little or unusual. He said it as matter of fact as if he said it might rain today.

The dim wit editors couldn’t find anything scarier than that or they don’t have a clue? Are people so conditioned to being afraid that they respond with fear?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    I did catch a MSM piece about he funeral crisis. That they were close to overfilling especially in TX. They interviewed one funeral service outfit. Not sure how long they talked to the owner or what questions they asked him. All the audience heard him say was that he was getting near 40% capacity.
    Sounds like a restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Are people so conditioned to being afraid that they respond with fear?
    I believe so, based on how many people I see around here, mostly at the local University walking around outside at very safe distances, with masks on. And I lost count how many people I've seen drive around in their cars with the A/C running, windows up and in masks when by themselves. I have to attribute that solely to fear induced by the lying news media.

Quote Originally Posted by moose365 View Post

2) Speaking as a doctor, the COVID-19 pandemic is NOT “just the flu”. You try working in A&E with 20 patients requiring oxygen. Cases and deaths are rising again in both USA and UK. No, it’s not “obedience” to wear a mask; it’s fucking common sense. Hopefully these vaccines will work and next year we’ll be back to somewhat normal life. Until then, just act responsibly.
    How about you look past your narrow view of the world and realize that most of us will not need oxygen and that most of us won’t even know we’ve had the fucking thing.

You won’t even be able to connect the dots 4 years from now when the self-inflicted gunshot wound victim who had to close his business because of the recommendations of doctors today, finally decides to end things.

You won’t be able to connect the dots when the alcoholic 10 years from now comes to visit with liver failure because people like you destroyed his life. You’ll likely admonish him for having an alcohol problem, AS IF YOU DON’T FUCKING UNDERSTAND how someone could let that happen.

You won’t be able to connect the dots when the man weighing 350 pounds, with 40% body fat, comes in with chest pains 15 years from now because people like YOU gave him the advice when he was 30 that sitting on the couch and hiding was the best thing to do for an entire year. Maybe longer. Instead of going to the gym, like he planned to do January 1, he bought a new PS5 and decided to get good at video games and Cheetos. If he survives, you’ll probably lecture him on why he needs to lose weight when it was the advice of people like you who fucked his life up.

No. All that you can see is 20 patients, probably mostly 75+, who are on oxygen, and THAT is the lens through which you filter things. It’s almost like a reverse survivorship bias where you’re only paying attention to the hits and not the misses.

I am hosting maskless weightlifting parties at my house from now until gym restrictions ease up and our lives get back to normal. You’re welcome to come. So far 0% of the people have contracted COVID-19.

P.S. You and I both know there is no going back to normal because the vaccine “is only proven to reduce severe cases of COVID-19,” and not stop the spread of the virus.

Exit criteria, never discussed explicitly at length.

It has been implicit in the discussion thus far, and sometimes breaks the surface.

What are the possible criteria for returning to old normal. What cometh from the Fauci/Brix axis powers? Has Atlas shrugged?

Punch list:

Flattened the curve, multiple times.

Got a coupla vaccines.

So, done?

These are the people in charge of us. Our rulers. We are in good hands.

COVID-19: Reduce Virus Spread – City of Toronto

Safer Sex During COVID-19:

Consensual sex can be a way of dealing with anxiety or fulfilling and expressing our needs for intimacy. A safe and pleasurable sex life is an important part of mental health and wellbeing. But is it safe to have sex during COVID-19?

Safer sexual practices may prevent unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections (STIs), but it will not prevent infection from COVID-19. COVID-19 spreads through direct contact with respiratory droplets (spit) of someone who is infected with the virus when they cough, sneeze or talk. These droplets can spread up to two metres or six feet. The virus has also been found in semen (cum) and feces (poop). It is not yet known if the virus can be found in blood or vaginal fluids. It may also be possible for a person to get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes.

How to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and still enjoy sex
    Your safest sex partner during the COVID-19 pandemic is yourself. Solo sex, also known as masturbation, does not spread COVID-19.
    Your next safest partner is someone you live with.
    If you usually meet sex partners online, are polyamorous with people who you don’t live with, or make a living having sex, consider video dates, virtual sex, sexting or chat rooms instead of meeting people in person.
    Protect yourself and your partners when having sex
    Talk to your partner about COVID-19 risk factors and how to protect yourselves.
    Skip having sex if you or your partner are feeling unwell, have symptoms of COVID-19 or if either of you have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19.
    Consider downloading Health Canada’s COVID Alert Opens in new window app so you can be notified directly if you have been in close contact with someone who was contagious with COVID-19.
    Wash your hands before and after having sex, whether alone or with a partner.
    Be creative and find ways to include using masks during sex, especially with a partner you do not live with.
    Avoid or limit kissing and saliva exchange and do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
    Consider sexual positions that avoid being face-to-face.
    During oral or anal sex, use condoms, gloves or other barriers to reduce contact with saliva and other fluids.
    Use condoms to protect yourself from STIs.
    Clean sex toys and consider covering them with a condom. Do not share sex toys with others.
    Avoid having sex if one partner has a health condition that can lead to more severe illness from COVID-19.
    Learn more about safer sex during COVID-19 PDF.

These are the people in charge of us. Our rulers. We are in good hands.

COVID-19: Reduce Virus Spread – City of Toronto
    Hopefully they have no hand in this.

This is an excellent 10 minutes, hadn't seen it before. Who is this guy?
    Jeremy Elliott is his name, but it's a bit hard to find any background information. According to ICONIC's Patreon, he and Hayk Sahakian are "Just two regular guys trying to live life, make ends meet; creating informative and entertaining content about real world issues, that are easily digestible for everyone to enjoy and benefit from."

They have a YT channel with not much on it and a Parler presence. The ICONIC Podcast - YouTube

I've never been much of a social media user, but am having a go at Parler. A bit fiddly to login, but seems OK.

starting strength coach development program
    This shitty little state may be worse than New York: Multiple grocery stores in NM ordered to close by state amid COVID-19 | KRQE News 13

New Mexico has long been the greatest recipient of money from the federal government in the country. They have a long history of a shitty economy and horrible politicians. I don't stop there on my way to Colorado except to take a piss.