starting strength gym
Page 839 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 33973978982983783883984084184988993913391839 ... LastLast
Results 8,381 to 8,390 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    And this seems very important: Asymptomatic Spread Revisited – AIER

Link to the study, so that sully can tear it apart: Post-lockdown SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid screening in nearly ten million residents of Wuhan, China | Nature Communications

From the article by Jeffrey Tucker:

The conclusion is not that asymptomatic spread is rare or that the science is uncertain. The study revealed something that hardly ever happens in these kinds of studies. There was not one documented case. Forget rare. Forget even Fauci’s previous suggestion that asymptomatic transmission exists but not does drive the spread. Replace all that with: never. At least not in this study for 10,000,000.
    From the paper:

Stringent COVID-19 control measures were imposed in Wuhan between January 23 and April 8, 2020. Estimates of the prevalence of infection following the release of restrictions could inform post-lockdown pandemic management. Here, we describe a city-wide SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid screening programme between May 14 and June 1, 2020 in Wuhan. All city residents aged six years or older were eligible and 9,899,828 (92.9%) participated. No new symptomatic cases and 300 asymptomatic cases (detection rate 0.303/10,000, 95% CI 0.270–0.339/10,000) were identified. There were no positive tests amongst 1,174 close contacts of asymptomatic cases. 107 of 34,424 previously recovered COVID-19 patients tested positive again (re-positive rate 0.31%, 95% CI 0.423–0.574%). The prevalence of SARS-CoV-2 infection in Wuhan was therefore very low five to eight weeks after the end of lockdown.
    The media has assigned far more importance to far less important things. Yet you have not heard of this, because it calls into question the "public health" responses by most of the governments in the world, and the media are nothing if not water-carriers for the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I understand the frustration, but things that will change the history of the country and the world should not first be aired on a TV show. As much as I like Tucker, he's covering his own ass first here. I'm happy to wait a while:
    These are quotes from the PA Federal judge's ruling from Saturday:

“One might expect that when seeking such a startling outcome, a plaintiff would come formidably armed with compelling legal arguments and factual proof of rampant corruption...That has not happened.”

“strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations ... unsupported by evidence.”

If Powell isn't sharing the evidence at her own press conference, with Tucker, with the Trump administration, or the Judge...then who is she sharing it with?

Once again, alsbos, I'm prepared to wait, because the alternative is too horrible to imagine.

The government giving people money has a very long history of destruction. We've seen it here in the US much more than you have, and it erased entire ways of life as people are brought under the thumb. You write very well about things you have no firsthand knowledge of. But I'll give you credit for the rest of your post. Here:

The One Chart That Predicts Our Future | Zero Hedge
    This is exactly my point. UBI isn't the "common man sticking it to the 1%". It's what the 1% wants to institute so it can comfortably continue being the 1% while the rest of us suffer. They are trying to bring back fucking feudal aristocracy. "Bootstrap-ism" isn't a delusion, it's a natural way for a responsible human being to want to live. Deep down, no one WANTS to be a charity case unless they've already given up. If charity becomes a government institution like that, then people will be EXPECTED to live their entire lives that way. UBI isn't the answer to people getting the lives they want, it's a plan to create a subsistence=based peasant class.

Once again, alsbos, I'm prepared to wait, because the alternative is too horrible to imagine.
    Obama's third term. He'll be able to stop by the WH during his morning walk.

Nunes made the observation on Bartiromo's show this morning that if the voting machines were connected to the internet, that's cause for great concern; so, people closer to the center are getting it. That fact is fundamental to the "wholesale" argument - Dershowitz's term (the other kind of arguments, "retail", he says, are small-ball, because of the #s). Dershowitz says, however, that showing the potential is not enough; the vote switching needs to be demonstrated; Powell says she has this - I hope it translates in court. However, even if this case is lost in court, its findings and analysis work should continue. There needs to be a forklift upgrade/fix to the voting system. Trump and Co. need to spearhead it.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Nunes made the observation on Bartiromo's show this morning that if the voting machines were connected to the internet, that's cause for great concern
    If these machines have ANY network interface the people behind them should be executed for criminal incompetence, if not straight up building them to be compromised. There is no reason to give these machines network capability that outweighs the security vulnerabilities that introduces. The only benefit to a network interface is ease of configuration and passing along data. But this could easily be done with a little extra work by in-person configuration and manually carrying data stored in a removable device, which can have a chain of custody associated with it to make the whole thing secure as it should be. As someone at least somewhat knowledgeable in IT and computer networking, THERE IS NO GOOD REASON FOR NETWORK CONNECTIONS OF ANY KIND ON THESE MACHINES. If they have them, then the best case scenario is the designers were stupid or lazy, and the worst case scenario is they were designed to be tampered with easily from a remote location. In my view, the presence of a network connection alone is enough to invalidate every vote these machines have ever tabulated.

Must not be passing it around because they are wearing masks, therefore masks are 100% effective!

Seriously, I’m not going to tear this apart, it’s a decent study. It’s impressive that 8 weeks after lockdown they have essentially eliminated the virus. Out of 10 million people, they had 300 test positive. I would be interested to know the degree of the lockdown they endured, and what measures they still have in place. If they mentioned that in the study, I missed it.

We know that asymptomatic transmission happens, there is a report of it a few posts earlier in this thread. BUT, asymptomatic transmission is less likely than symptomatic transmission. They are shedding less virus, if any, and they are not coughing all over the place. A positive test does not mean you are contagious and should not be called a “case” (good luck clearing that one up at this point). As I mentioned before, I saw asymptomatic transmission spread through the hospital unit where I work. Please find the interview with the study authors where they explain how their study shows that asymptomatic transmission doesn’t happen. That would be BIG NEWS, and they should be glad to share it. As I see it, the only big news here is that if we lock down like they did in Wuhan, this thing could be over more quickly, though the possibility of getting widespread buy-in for a lockdown like that is pretty minimal at this point.

If you are sick, stay home!

Quote Originally Posted by Robin UK View Post
    If he’s from the UK, I’ll deal with this clown Rip!

Alright, four things:

1) You are correct, Biden did win a most likely fraudulent election.

2) Remind us good Doctor, what is the death rate of Covid 19 in the UK and what is the all-time highest occupancy percentage of the newly built Covid 19 Nightingale Hospitals with patients with Covid 19?

3) Which UK University did you obtain your medical degree and where do you live in the UK?

4) Re. Rip growing up, how about you grow a brain and a pair?
    They claim the UK death toll is 70k but everyone knows it’s made up bullshit.

Deaths with, not from.

A fact conveniently ignored by the scaremongering anti freedom left

starting strength coach development program
    There’s talk online that UK gyms will remain closed in a trade off for pubs re opening, Words fail me.