starting strength gym
Page 846 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 34674679683684484584684784885689694613461846 ... LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,460 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Quote Originally Posted by moose365 View Post
    May I ask how many deaths/what death rate would you consider a disease to be “deadly”?

From previous CDC data on influenza deaths (CDC - Page Not Found
    Annual deaths from influenza have ranged from 12,000 to 61,000 over past 10 years.
    Therefore COVID-19 (having already killed 251,000 people) has a 4-20x higher death rate than the “flu”.
    Yes, there is a flu vaccine which likely reduces the number of flu deaths but then again, the COVID-19 deaths are set on a background of massive public health interventions. What would the COVID-19 death toll be if we had done nothing?
    Not sure what your bad link would have shown. Knowing (which you undoubtedly do) how they are attributing deaths to COVID-19, why do you use this 251K number? "DEADLY" is advertising and propaganda. Look up the excess death numbers for the last 2 decades and tell us what you see -- we've already discussed this.

N.B. This article (Amid Covid-19 pandemic, U.S. has seen 300,000 ‘excess deaths'), states that the excess deaths in US from Mar-Oct were 300 000 so perhaps there has been underreporting of COVID-19 deaths.
    Comedy.

@Rip - a hypothetical question for you. If you were Trump/Boris Johnson during March when the virus first hit, would you have enacted any public health measures to combat it?
    I would have taken it upon myself to learn more about the actual virus and the epidemiology before I reacted to the politics of the origin of the virus. And when the epidemic ended in June, I would have spared no expense to restore our societies. You seem rather impervious to the facts.

In the US, the Deadly Covid-19 Pandemic has killed 251,715 out of a population of 328,239,523, for a DC19 of 0.0767%. In 2018, there were a total of 2,839,205 deaths in the US (for some reason, 2019 is not available yet).

In the UK, the Deadly COVID-19 Pandemic has killed 53,775 out of a population of 67,866,000, for a DC19 of 0.079%. In 2018, there were a total of 541,589 deaths in England and Wales.

And please remember that anybody who falls off a ladder or gets killed in a car wreck that tests positive for the Deadly COVID-19 Virus appears in the first number, so that the real percentage is lower. MUCH FUCKING LOWER.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    I agree. That’s all a judge should need to invalidate the election. If accurate, it opened the election up to planet-scale fraud, the perfect stage for “if it can happen, it will”. Much easier to pull off than Stuxnet, with only nice compliant Americans in your way. If anything is batshit crazy, it is denying that.
    I'm not a lawyer but having a VPN connection to voting/tallying/blah machines is merely circumstantial evidence. I agree that it is egregious but it is not proof of anything. I'm afraid there will be boatloads of circumstantial evidence (there already is) but enough evidence of "vote switching/canceling/adding" for a judge to change the overall outcome of a state is what we need. We don't have a lot of time for discovery.

The second part is as bad as the first. Remedy. What do the lawyers propose that judges do (remedy)? Judges have already denied requests to disallow ballots where it was known that there were at least some illegal ballots. The remedy is always at risk of being tagged as "disenfranchising voters" because you can't segregate good from bad. If you get 127,000 consecutive votes for one candidate, that falls into the statistically impossible category but (if true) a judge will not be moved by it. It is circumstantial.

Witnesses need to start rolling. The good news about crooks is that they're crooks (guilty of other crimes as well). Cutting breaks on unrelated crimes to get low level crooks to "roll uphill" would start the process nicely. After that, it has it's own momentum and I think this smells very much of high level players. When multiple states stopped counting simultaneously, someone was in control of that call. Many theorize that Trump would have ended up with 400 electoral votes if it weren't for "first wave" cheating. When that was not enough, larger and sloppier measures needed to be deployed (stop counting, bring in the trucks).

Then there is the hail Mary. States appoint pro-Trump electors to become "faithless" voters. The current percentage of Dems that think the election was stolen (or at least was fraudulent) is 35. For Republicans 79. A LOT of folks think the election was not right. Unfortunately, I don't think Republicans have the stomach for overturning the election.

Quote Originally Posted by GammaFlat View Post
    I'm not a lawyer but having a VPN connection to voting/tallying/blah machines is merely circumstantial evidence. I agree that it is egregious but it is not proof of anything. I'm afraid there will be boatloads of circumstantial evidence (there already is) but enough evidence of "vote switching/canceling/adding" for a judge to change the overall outcome of a state is what we need. We don't have a lot of time for discovery.

The second part is as bad as the first. Remedy. What do the lawyers propose that judges do (remedy)? Judges have already denied requests to disallow ballots where it was known that there were at least some illegal ballots. The remedy is always at risk of being tagged as "disenfranchising voters" because you can't segregate good from bad. If you get 127,000 consecutive votes for one candidate, that falls into the statistically impossible category but (if true) a judge will not be moved by it. It is circumstantial.

Witnesses need to start rolling. The good news about crooks is that they're crooks (guilty of other crimes as well). Cutting breaks on unrelated crimes to get low level crooks to "roll uphill" would start the process nicely. After that, it has it's own momentum and I think this smells very much of high level players. When multiple states stopped counting simultaneously, someone was in control of that call. Many theorize that Trump would have ended up with 400 electoral votes if it weren't for "first wave" cheating. When that was not enough, larger and sloppier measures needed to be deployed (stop counting, bring in the trucks).

Then there is the hail Mary. States appoint pro-Trump electors to become "faithless" voters. The current percentage of Dems that think the election was stolen (or at least was fraudulent) is 35. For Republicans 79. A LOT of folks think the election was not right. Unfortunately, I don't think Republicans have the stomach for overturning the election.
    I get where you are coming from here, but I think you severely underestimate the impact of circumstantial evidence in a court of law.

Quote Originally Posted by GammaFlat View Post
    A VPN connection can literally only be there so someone can remotely access the machine over the internet. If someone was found murdered in their home with no signs of a break-in, but then it was discovered someone secretly dug a hidden tunnel that gives them access to the home, I'm pretty sure said digger can look forward to some legal troubles relating to the murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Everything said about New Mexico government above is indisputable. Some people enjoy the third world style of running things. Some don't.

I moved to NM from San Diego Ca in 1990. By the end of the first summer I was invited to a machine gun club mtg (free shooting) and became friends with the club president. His business card said “Elected Sheriff, Navy Captain of NJROTC, program manager for space nuclear detection (Ph.D.) and licensed machine gun dealer”.

In 1990, NM was the wild frontier compared to CA! What's not to love?
    (I lived in Massachusetts in the 80s for a few years and you needed a permit to buy pellets for an air gun).

But in NM the food and scenery are fantastic. Especially northern NM. Loved by Ansel Adams and O’Keeffe, etc. Near world class skiing in Taos. Carlsbad Caverns and White Sands in the south. Santa Fe is leftist wacky but is a leading center for artwork of all kinds. You could do worse from a culinary point of view.

Anyway, don't not go to NM because the government is fucked up. They all are.
    Well Mark says he can make the "Green Chili Burger" and the "Sopapillas", so perhaps there is no need to go there. He started another tread "Rip's Kitchen", so you need to head over there for Patty burgers.

In regard to the air rifle, I had one with a scope on it, I could hit a match head at about 50 feet. Today that is an offensive weapon here. If Biden gets in well all I can say is, welcome my US friends to the rest of the world.

Cuomo reverses on in-person Thanksgiving plans with family | TheHill

The headline says it all. What a piece of fucking shit.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    But in NM the food and scenery are fantastic. Especially northern NM. Loved by Ansel Adams and O’Keeffe, etc. Near world class skiing in Taos. Carlsbad Caverns and White Sands in the south. Santa Fe is leftist wacky but is a leading center for artwork of all kinds. You could do worse from a culinary point of view.
    New Mexico governor shuts down grocery stores for two weeks
    There are other places to ski and other places to eat. Here, if you shut down the Kroger and everyone has to shop at Corner Market or Whole Foods, poor folks are fucked. I imagine the same situation exists elsewhere. And to shut down grocery stores Thanksgiving week? Only an absolute asshole would do such a thing. NM can go fuck itself.

I'm seeing more people alone in cars with masks. I get the stink eye when I don't wear one outside at the gas station. Imo, this whole thing has gone far enough and is now testing my considerable patience and ability to stay out of jail. Biden can kiss my fat, jiggly, white ass. I'm not handing over weapons or private property and I'm not registering a damn thing either. I followed the rules at the time it was purchased and if they don't like that, fuck 'em. If that's the hill I die on, so be it. We all have to go sometime and there are far less nobler hills. I'm tired of this shit.