starting strength gym
Page 856 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 35675680684685485585685785886690695613561856 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,560 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    I cannot for the life of me understand why the media would not report on these studies/papers, etc. I understand why politicians (Cuomo) and bureaucrats (Fauci) wouldn't, but I just don't comprehend why the media is complicit here.

Are they gaining power/control? It just seems that the more that is covered up, the more the general population is finding other alternatives.

I also understand...the media is in the advertising business, not the news or telling the truth business. But still.

Even watching the macy's parade on NBC (13yo daughter wanted to watch......), their reporting of that was awful.
    You said it yourself. The purpose of the news corporations isn't actually to report news. It's to generate ad revenue. It's a modern day soap opera writ large. They have zero incentive to actually report anything of substance, and every incentive to say things that will get eyeballs locked on them. They've got a bunch of people hooked on the story they've created, but the more reality divorces itself from their narrative, the more they have to struggle to make events fit their badly written storyline.

There's still a sizeable minority of people who eat up their daily dose of reality television disguised as serious journalism, but I don't know how much longer the charade will last before CNN and the rest of cable news turn into a niche thing like AM radio.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post

So it is possible to argue about miscategorization of COVID deaths, and about how many excess deaths were caused by COVID or how many heart attacks were averted by COVID. But the fact is that about 300K more people than expected died in the US this year. Maybe they all died from lockdown-related problems. But it is not possible to say this is an ordinary year in terms of deaths. Something killed a bunch more people than usual this year.
    Even if COVID-19 is responsible for 300,000 deaths, is this really reason to panic, though? I mean, yes, the number sounds scary, but heart disease and fatty liver disease has begun to gradually affect 30, 40 and 50 somethings to this tune over the last 30-40 years. Why haven’t we forced McDonald’s closed? Isn’t it just because, to use an evolutionary biology term, that gradualism is better than punctuated equilibrium?

We’re ok with 300,000 excess deaths accumulating from diseases we already are familiar with, over the course of years, because that’s somehow different than a novel entity that suddenly wipes people away. But, really, what is the fucking difference except for panic?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Lockdowns did.
    I am a firm believer in every word of the bible and that reduced access to the eternal physician would definitely increase all-cause mortality, I'm surprised it's not even more than it is (maybe I'm not because it's America).

But my point being, even if all-cause mortality was up 5% this year I'd say yeah because people had reduced access to Christ and the healing power of the Holy Spirit in their weekly lives.

Again, you can call me crazy, but after the past six months and my already-held disdain for the medical industry, it's clear to me that you all are just as culty and desperately grasping at relevance, which I am not.

The PA House declares the results in dispute.

4. Declares that the selection of presidential electors and other statewide electoral contest results in this Commonwealth is in dispute; and

5. Urges the Secretary of the Commonwealth and the Governor to withdraw or vacate the certification of presidential electors and to delay certification of results in other statewide electoral contests voted on at the 2020 General Election; and

6. Urges the United States Congress to declare the selection of presidential electors in this Commonwealth to be in dispute.

The PA resolution: House Co-Sponsorship Memoranda - PA House of Representatives

A RESOLUTION

Declaring the results of statewide electoral contests in the 2020 General Election to be in dispute.

WHEREAS, Article I, Section 4, Clause 1 of the United States Constitution empowers state legislatures, including the General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, to prescribe the “Times, Places, and Manner” of conducting elections; and

WHEREAS, Article II, Section 1, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution empowers state legislatures, including the General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, to direct the manner of appointing electors for President and Vice President of the United States; and

WHEREAS, the General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has exercised its authority to establish election administration procedures for the Commonwealth, known as the Pennsylvania Election Code; and

WHEREAS, the Pennsylvania Election Code requires all mail-in ballots to be received by eight o’clock P.M. on the day of the election; and

WHEREAS, the Pennsylvania Election Code requires election officials at polling places to authenticate the signatures of in-person voters; and

WHEREAS, the Pennsylvania Election Code requires that county boards of elections shall not meet to conduct a pre-canvass of all absentee and mail-in ballots until seven o’clock A.M. on Election Day, during which time defects on mail-in ballots would be identified; and

WHEREAS, the Pennsylvania Election Code prohibits the counting of defective absentee or mail-in ballots; and

WHEREAS, the Pennsylvania Election Code authorizes “watchers,” selected by candidates and political parties, to observe the process of canvassing absentee and mail-in ballots; and

WHEREAS, the Commonwealth conducted an election on November 3, 2020 for federal offices, including selecting electors for President and Vice President of the United States; and

WHEREAS, officials in the Executive and Judicial Branches of the Commonwealth infringed upon the General Assembly’s authority under the United States Constitution by unlawfully changing the rules governing the November 3, 2020 election in the Commonwealth; and

WHEREAS, on September 17, 2020, less than seven weeks before the November 3, 2020 election, the partisan majority on the Supreme Court of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania unlawfully and unilaterally extended the deadline for mail-in ballots to be received, mandated that ballots mailed without a postmark would be presumed to be received timely, and could be accepted without a verified voter signature; and

WHEREAS, on October 23, 2020, less than two weeks before the November 3, 2020 election and upon a petition from the Secretary of the Commonwealth, the Supreme Court of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania ruled that mail-in ballots need not authenticate signatures for mail-in ballots, thereby treating in-person and mail-in voters dissimilarly and eliminating a critical safeguard against potential election crime; and

WHEREAS, on November 2, 2020, the night before the November 3, 2020 election and prior to the prescribed time for pre-canvassing mail-in ballots, the office of the Secretary of the Commonwealth encouraged certain counties to notify party and candidate representatives of mail-in voters whose ballots contained defects; and

WHEREAS, heavily Democrat counties permitted mail-in voters to cure ballot defects while heavily Republican counties followed the law and invalidated defective ballots; and

WHEREAS, in certain counties in the Commonwealth, watchers were not allowed to meaningfully observe the pre-canvassing and canvassing activities relating to absentee and mail-in ballots; and

WHEREAS, in other parts of the Commonwealth, watchers observed irregularities concerning the pre-canvassing and canvassing of absentee and mail-in ballots; and

WHEREAS, postal employees in Pennsylvania have reported anomalies relating to mail-in ballots, including multiple ballots delivered to a single address with unfamiliar addressees, ballots mailed to vacant homes, empty lots, and addresses that did not exist; and

WHEREAS, witnesses testifying before the Pennsylvania Senate Majority Policy Committee on November 25, 2020 have provided additional compelling information regarding the questionable nature of the administration of the 2020 General Election; and

WHEREAS, there remains ongoing litigation concerning the administration of the November 3, 2020 election in the Commonwealth; and

WHEREAS, in 2016, Pennsylvania’s general election results were certified on December 12, 2016, and on November 24, 2020, the Secretary of the Commonwealth unilaterally and prematurely certified results of the November 3, 2020 election regarding presidential electors despite ongoing litigation; and

WHEREAS, the Pennsylvania House of Representatives has the duty to ensure that no citizen of this Commonwealth is disenfranchised, to insist that all elections are conducted according to the law, and to satisfy the general public that every legal vote is counted accurately;

THEREFORE, be it RESOLVED that the Pennsylvania House of Representatives—

1. Recognizes substantial irregularities and improprieties associated with mail-in balloting, pre-canvassing, and canvassing during the November 3, 2020 election; and

2. Disapproves of the infringement on the General Assembly’s authority pursuant to the United States Constitution to regulate elections; and

3. Disapproves of and disagrees with the Secretary of the Commonwealth’s premature certification of the results of the November 3, 2020 election regarding presidential electors; and

4. Declares that the selection of presidential electors and other statewide electoral contest results in this Commonwealth is in dispute; and

5. Urges the Secretary of the Commonwealth and the Governor to withdraw or vacate the certification of presidential electors and to delay certification of results in other statewide electoral contests voted on at the 2020 General Election; and

6. Urges the United States Congress to declare the selection of presidential electors in this Commonwealth to be in dispute.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    These interpolations are deceptive plots of purportedly raw data. The CDC’s excess death plot is more honest, having appropriate graphics and historical context.

Substantial, unusual excess death occurred at the onset of the pandemic. In hindsight, many of these deaths were exigent medical and political errors, which are no longer being repeated. Since June, there has only been excess death relative to the previous calendar year. However, the calendar no longer describes the American lifestyle, so these comparisons are less meaningful.
    I think the second plot I showed was from the same CDC data that you show here. I don’t think there is any inconsistency among the two graphs I posted and the one you posted.

I don’t understand what you mean about the calendar describing a lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I am anxious to understand the gravity of this.

I think the second plot I showed was from the same CDC data that you show here. I don’t think there is any inconsistency among the two graphs I posted and the one you posted.
    Your plots are interpolations ranging from Jan 2020 to present. They obscure both historical context and the real data. I posted histograms of counts from 2017. I think they lead the viewer to different conclusions.

In summer of 2020, Americans didn't really partake in summer activities. In this sense, August of 2020 was more like a typical November. This sucks, because seasonal variation in mortality seems independently related to exposure to outdoor air temperature.

So yeah, deaths are markedly higher in July 2020 than in July 2019. But the seasonal fluctuation of death is now a different phenomenon. We may as well compare to January 2018.

I believe his point is that comparing US 2020 to the US in any other year is like comparing two different countries due to the radical policies implemented by state and local governments. That is an interesting thing to consider. Seems a valid point regardless your stance.

starting strength coach development program
    My brother sent me something that may be of interest to this group.
    Check out the site
    Thousands of scientists are warning mankind - Stop World Control
    Not sure myself what to think about what they say.