starting strength gym
Page 857 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 35775780784785585685785885986790795713571857 ... LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,570 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The PA resolution: House Co-Sponsorship Memoranda - PA House of Representatives
    Do I understand this correctly? The power to select Presidential Electors is taken away from the current State Secretary and Governor(Pennsylvania)and given back to the State Legislature? Is that what this is about? Correct me if I am wrong. I am out of my depth here and intruding where I perhaps should not be going, but help a foreign national out here. Would this upset the current would be Presidentials?

The US Constitution gives the authority over Presidential elections to the State Legislatures. They decide what happens.

The US Constitution gives the authority over Presidential elections to the State Legislatures. They decide what happens.
    Perhaps it maybe sent to the House of Representatives to decide. Fortunately with strength training you can't really cheat, can you Mark? The coach decides, whether it is a pass or a fail.

They will not get our guns. I think the people who will be ordered to take them already know this.
    Right, they can't try to take them; they must work to get us to voluntarily give them up in the name of "safety". They have to play a long-game on this one, which could be a generation or two away. For example, all the kids that experienced the media coverage of school shootings will grow up one day and hold office, vote, etc. Will their anti-gun programming persist into adulthood? Hopefully not, but when you grow up going to school with the fear of a shooting (driven by media of course), and blame the issue on guns rather than the psychos doing it, the programming has begun..

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Eh, by the same token, if we have a right to a provably correct election, then our rights have been violated by the presence of remote access. Hence the election is invalid. Forget the inductive statistical proof. Redo.
    Yeah, good point. I agree that it's reasonable to invalidate an election based on statistical anomalies combined with an insecure voting system.

Quote Originally Posted by dbm77 View Post
    I am a firm believer in every word of the bible and that reduced access to the eternal physician would definitely increase all-cause mortality, I'm surprised it's not even more than it is (maybe I'm not because it's America).

But my point being, even if all-cause mortality was up 5% this year I'd say yeah because people had reduced access to Christ and the healing power of the Holy Spirit in their weekly lives.

Again, you can call me crazy, but after the past six months and my already-held disdain for the medical industry, it's clear to me that you all are just as culty and desperately grasping at relevance, which I am not.
    I don't mean the secondary consequences of lockdowns, I mean the primary ones. We're half way through the pandemic now, and some things are pretty clear. The way you usually deal with pandemics, from a public health standpoint, is to let it run through the population in a controlled manner. Lockdowns are not a control measure. They do not exist as a measure in public health terms. Remember how they used to be termed "quarantine" in the beginning? A quarantine is a public health measure, but it only works as long as you can actually quarantine an area, and the pan in pandemic obviously negates this idea. In fact, locking down before reaching the peak of the epidemic is extremely deadly - the Wuhan model. The Chinese lost control of the epidemic completely, panicked and went into lockdown. Their buddies in the WHO helped. I think the medical establishment in the US at the federal level was ready to do the sensible thing, but then our banana republic friends fro Italy, who had spent all of their money on defending their healthcare system, did the same. People no longer remember this, but the Italian model led to the authorities keeping people locked inside houses with Covid bodies for days on end, this is a no shit thing that actually happened. The US federal system was still ready to do the right thing, but then you had half of Europe panicking along with the Italians and your mass murderer Mr Cuomo going his own way.

Some public health systems wizened up after this, prepared for the second wave by letting the infection run during the summer, and preparing to control as much of the virus in the winter as possible. Most didn't. The biggest problem is the introduction of Chinese and Korean voodoo medicine like masks into the public health mainstream, which is leading to ever newer problems, but this is another story. Luckily, the virus has not become deadlier in the meantime, so we should expect it to become endemic by spring or summer. This is everywhere except in countries still running the Wuhan model, like our totalitarian friends in Australia or NZ which will see the same thing happen every time they open borders, so they have followed the Wuhan model to effectively turn themselves back into penal colonies again. As far as the rest of the world is concerned now, from a public health perspective, we need to keep the borders with China closed for several years now, because God only knows into what the virus has mutated there and what they can send if we allow their citizens to start mixing with the rest of the world population now. And they DO NOT control the virus. Meaning they have effectively quarantined themselves for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    Right, they can't try to take them; they must work to get us to voluntarily give them up in the name of "safety". They have to play a long-game on this one, which could be a generation or two away. For example, all the kids that experienced the media coverage of school shootings will grow up one day and hold office, vote, etc. Will their anti-gun programming persist into adulthood? Hopefully not, but when you grow up going to school with the fear of a shooting (driven by media of course), and blame the issue on guns rather than the psychos doing it, the programming has begun..
    I believe the Las Vegas event was the one which was supposed to change public opinion (particularly conservative opinion) about semi-automatic rifles. It obviously didn't work, so I dread to think what the next one will be like. Isn't it strange how the Vegas event hardly gets spoken about by the media now?

Ours was the Hungerford event the 80's, Aussies had Hobart and then recently NZ had the mosque event. The American revolutionary culture isn't squeamish enough to be scared off that way, so I wonder what the hell the Dems have planned for the next four years to try to bring about this change, along with reparations and anti-white legislation...

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Your plots are interpolations ranging from Jan 2020 to present. They obscure both historical context and the real data. I posted histograms of counts from 2017. I think they lead the viewer to different conclusions.

In summer of 2020, Americans didn't really partake in summer activities. In this sense, August of 2020 was more like a typical November. This sucks, because seasonal variation in mortality seems independently related to exposure to outdoor air temperature.

So yeah, deaths are markedly higher in July 2020 than in July 2019. But the seasonal fluctuation of death is now a different phenomenon. We may as well compare to January 2018.
    When I look at your graph, I come to the same conclusion: 2020 is an outlier.

The first graph I posted (how do you get your posted graphs to show up full size? I am having graph envy.) compares 2020 with 2015-2019, so has more “historical context” than yours from 2017, if that’s what you’re looking for.

The seasonal fluctuation in deaths I think is largely related to flu season. January 2018 was another peak in excess deaths, and that was a relatively bad flu season (60k deaths over the season). As I have said before, I predict a mild flu season in terms of death, as many of the potential flu mortalities have already occurred due to covid. So it is possible that 2020 will revert to the mean overall, as predicted by Briggs in the article that Rip posted, but that would entail a substantial reduction in mortality these last two months. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    I believe his point is that comparing US 2020 to the US in any other year is like comparing two different countries due to the radical policies implemented by state and local governments. That is an interesting thing to consider. Seems a valid point regardless your stance.
    Yes, 2020 differs from other years, and that is precisely why we want to compare it to other years. If we don’t do so, how can we determine the impacts of the virus, the policies enacted, etc? If you don’t know what was different, you can’t figure out why it was different.

PA injunction granted, w/“likelihood to succeed” (p10). Other interesting observations by the judge as well.

Memorandum Opinion Filed in Pennsylvania by Judge McCullough - Election Likely Unconstitutional | Intervention (Law) | Postal Voting

Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    Yeah, good point. I agree that it's reasonable to invalidate an election based on statistical anomalies combined with an insecure voting system.
    Also associated with these cases are many sealed affidavits of witnesses and whistleblowers that we haven't seen.

From the technical side...
    The 'smartest man in the room' has joined Sidney Powell's team

Some here need to go back to the Borg mothership (CNN) for more recent orders. You are already outdated because the delusion is weakening:
    CNN softening the blow and admitting they lie (again)

---
    My understanding is that the Supreme Court can only rule that the state failed to adhere to their own voter laws, and then order the state to "fix it". Correct?

We know state governors & sec of states are not allowed to change voter laws. So, it seems obvious what will happen.

The best thing Trump could do the day after his inauguration is fire everyone in our government, start over, and move the Capital to North Dakota. I'm serious.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Some here need to go back to the Borg mothership (CNN) for more recent orders. You are already outdated because the delusion is weakening:
    CNN softening the blow and admitting they lie (again)
    Even Newsweek is caving on the Covid hoax: Biden Got the Coronavirus Death Toll Wrong | Opinion

My understanding is that the Supreme Court can only rule that the state failed to adhere to their own voter laws, and then order the state to "fix it". Correct?

We know state governors & sec of states are not allowed to change voter laws. So, it seems obvious what will happen.

The best thing Trump could do the day after his inauguration is fire everyone in our government, start over, and move the Capital to North Dakota. I'm serious.
    I sincerely hope that he shitcans the entire bunch of criminal motherfuckers without their pensions.