starting strength gym
Page 890 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 39079084088088888989089189290094099013901890 ... LastLast
Results 8,891 to 8,900 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    He had that coming.
    You agree with JF on that the concept of medical non-malficence is just a touchy-feely hippy triviality or a debunked conspiracy theory?

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    The new schism coming in America will be drawn along political affiliation, but not Republican vs Democrat. The seam will rip along populism vs urbanite, and it will split out through the world. Depending on the victor, it will be lampposts and pikes or masks and vaccines. Regardless of the victors, war of a more conventional nature will kill millions from disease and starvation. We have optimized for efficiency and not resilience.

It feels like Trump winning or losing is irrelevant at this point. Not even this board can hold itself in civility -- who can blame us? This truly is a broken world, and we cannot escape our own nature.

Pro tip: rabbits are easy to keep relative to other animals.
    Since things should get really interesting for the USA on/after December 15th, and by extension for the rest of the world, what kinds of prepping are reasonable; what kinds are extremely over-reacting, to the point of nipple lactation? Any good prepper sites or resources to share? Or is it just too late if we haven't been preparing before now?

I'm gonna be honest, I feel safer about the coming vaccine pushes and extended mask mandates over here in muh Russia than I would stateside, probably because you can live here with less overextension of credit, and also because of the more unified culture. But I would like to be prepared nonetheless and have been thinking about where best to start. Because since the masks are never going away what else can and will be done next!?

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    And we let them go!

My point is successive Australian governments, both Labor and Liberal have allowed even pressed that public owned assets such as the Electrical Distribution networks which include generation, poles and wires, rail and port assets be sold to foreign interests some masquerading as private companies, but in fact are owned by the Chinese government, we have sold farm land, dairy companies and even in Queensland water was mined for China while we were in drought. The NSW State want to sell our water and hydro schemes because all governments both federal and state are broke. Eventually there will be nothing left to sell. The enemy is not over there, they are inside our own country, politicians pretending to care for their constituents while selling the ground beneath our feet.

You could do as you say and equip you gym with Aussie equipment, but who would supply your electricity and gas? Probably a foreign owned energy supplier. Well at least we make something still here

BTW how has Chairman Dan handled the Covid lock downs? I think California have taken his methods and applied them over there.
    All good points Wal. I can't disagree with you in relation to the government selling off all our assets.

As for the electricity and gas, sign up with Red Energy mate. Owned by Snowy Hydro.

Don't get me started on Dan. I'll certainly not be voting for him at the next election. We just need the opposition to get their act together in the next two years, though I fear that may be too much to ask.

Incomplete data stalls Swiss authorisation of Covid-19 vaccines.
    Switzerland’s medical regulator Swissmedic says it lacks the necessary information to sign off on three different coronavirus vaccines ordered by the government.

Incomplete data stalls Swiss authorisation of Covid-19 vaccines - SWI swissinfo.ch

https://twitter.com/OnCall4ON/status...109131268?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    You made a very serious and highly immoral claim about the potential side effects of an untested medical treatment.

I will challenge you every time you make that sort of statement. I do not care if you whine and defensively lash out at me as a result. Go ahead.

After all, you are a doctor and you really should have know better.
    Puh-leeze. You linked to a study you apparently hadn’t read, and I responded by copy-and-pasting the relevant information from the conclusion of that very same study. You thought I was being overly academic by actually reading the study you posted?

I don’t blame you for being embarrassed by posting something that said the opposite of what you claimed, but you should take your lumps and be gracious about it. It’s not my fault you posted it without reading it.

If only there was an exercise modality that offered consistently better glucose control....

Higher blood sugar tied to COVID-19 death risk; rise in U.S. overdose deaths may have pandemic link | Reuters

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    or perhaps a scientist, where technicalities and semantics matter greatly and are the coin of the realm.
    From a couple days ago: an article on the dangers of gas stoves amid COVID-19:
    Meanwhile, troubling new findings suggest that exposure to NO2—the primary pollutant of concern from gas appliances—could compound the dangers of the novel coronavirus in communities that are already at higher risk of infection and of dying from the disease. A recent peer-reviewed study led by researchers at Emory University examined Covid-19 mortality data in more than 3,000 US counties, and found that long-term exposure to elevated NO2 was correlated with a higher risk of death from Covid-19—and that NO2 appeared to be more dangerous than particulate matter or ozone.
    By technical measures, this is a good article. It is immaculately edited and checked. It interviews a wide range of experts who exposed a public health hazard in a long-running body of research. Induction cooking is now a mature technology.

And yet, its headline proposition -- forcing poor and middle-class Americans is to settle for pathetic electric cooktops, or shell out for induction, because of COVID-19, in 2020 -- is bizarre. How does such nice technical work lead to absurdities?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Since things should get really interesting for the USA on/after December 15th, and by extension for the rest of the world, what kinds of prepping are reasonable; what kinds are extremely over-reacting, to the point of nipple lactation? Any good prepper sites or resources to share? Or is it just too late if we haven't been preparing before now?

I'm gonna be honest, I feel safer about the coming vaccine pushes and extended mask mandates over here in muh Russia than I would stateside, probably because you can live here with less overextension of credit, and also because of the more unified culture. But I would like to be prepared nonetheless and have been thinking about where best to start. Because since the masks are never going away what else can and will be done next!?
    A lot of the better prepper sites will say that having a good relationship with your neighbors and community is probably better prep than hording food and bullets (not that it's not a good idea to have that stuff in stock). Your next door neighbor can give you a lot more help than your local Elected Official can .

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Question: doesn't each choice of Ct correspond to a different threshold value of fluorescence used to separate positive and negative results?
    This is an interesting question and I’ll admit my experiences are with conventional pcr. While I’ve known cycles above 35 are more likely to give “false positives”, meaning fragments that can be identified as positive but not actually a viable sample.

So in my POV it’s not a matter of just positive or negative (as measured by fluorescence) but more about a positive signal in general and it’s relationship to an intact, viable virus (in this case.)

As you know, the more sensitive an assay, the more likely you’ll have false positives. What I don’t know with qPCR is exactly how, if at all, this is mitigated. Do you have insight into this?

I’m not sure I’ve contributed anything to your question but it’s a very cool discussion.

And as a side note, Fauci is the gift that keeps giving: Dr. Fauci Knew the Truth About COVID-19 Tests in July

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    So in my POV it’s not a matter of just positive or negative (as measured by fluorescence) but more about a positive signal in general and it’s relationship to an intact, viable virus (in this case.)
    That is my feeling as well. However, there doesn't seem to be any work on classifying positive/negative by looking at the whole fluorescence curve, rather than just Ct.

My other feeling: Ct, on its own, may not tell you anything about sensitivity and specificity. But I'm not sure about how qPCR is typically conducted in practice.