starting strength gym
Page 933 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 433833883923931932933934935943983103314331933 ... LastLast
Results 9,321 to 9,330 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    The Proud Boys will begin attracting funding to actively counter the Antifa terrorists. They will hire very capable individuals to counter Antifa.

On that note, if you are looking for a passive or anonymous way to support our President and the Republic, consider financially sponsoring a veteran or donating to young activists who want to participate in a loud and raucous protest against the theft of the election. Many of our protesters would be much more vocal and capable if they didn't have to worry about travel costs or being unable to afford rent and food. Protesters at risk of losing their jobs for political wrong-think are less likely to stand up and be heard. If they know they have something to fall back on, they will be much more vocal and effective.
    A good idea, except for the fact that the DOJ/FBI will not ignore a contribution to the Proud Boys or any other "right-wing" organization like they did with whoever paid for the buses the rioters in Minneapolis rode in on.

Let's Face It: Your Government Hates And Despises You in [Market-Ticker]

Covid-19 is raging, he says. True.

But notice what's not "raging" -- the flu. In fact, Covid-19 has apparently vanquished the flu, consuming it. Indeed, since September only 666 cases of the flu have been recorded anywhere in the United States and just slightly more than one instance per state last week.

If you believe that's anything close to reality you need a lobotomy.

There are only two reasonable hypothesis on that: Covid-19 wasn't really -19 at all; in 2018, I remind you, hospitals were full to the top with flu patients yet we were not locking down and wagging our fingers, nor was anyone wearing a mask. Wait -- they were treating people in tents in 2018? Why yes, yes they were - in January of 2018..

This of course implies that either Covid "19" was actually around for the last several years and simply called flu or we're ignoring the flu.

Which is it? Good question and of critical importance when it comes to medical and government competence because not only is this a matter of a lot of people who are in the hole it also speaks to the very real possibility that a whole bunch of panic was not only unwarranted it came after years of intentional blindness. Covid has a unique enough disease path that I would hope that our hospitals and other medical providers weren't deliberately obfuscating -- that is, lying -- about seeing that pattern of disease for the first time in early 2020. Of course it's also possible that their claim of virginity in that regard is about as credible as the $5 hooker on the corner being a virgin too.

The Governor "signed an order" banning social gatherings over 10 people -- except in households and churches. Oh, and the order "strongly urges" compliance. In other words, no Christmas party for your company -- I think. Meanwhile may I point out that given the leaked Ct distribution from one of the labs here I can calculate a range for false positives and back that out and having done so it appears we will reach herd immunity sometime between 10 and 40 days from now -- well before vaccines are widely available. Some parts of the country that appear to have gotten there already tend to validate these calculations.

But let's cut the crap folks -- we've all done the "mask" thing since summer. We were told by the alleged experts, including the director of the CDC, that if we did for just four, six or eight weeks it would bring Covid-19 under control. Why the "four, six or eight weeks"? Because he knew he was lying at the time; Covid-19 has a five day incubation period on average, so if you do something that actually interrupts transmission of the virus from one person to the next you will see results in...... five days. That is, if you take the replication number with your action from 1.2 -> 0.8 and have 100 cases today in five days you will have... 80.

Five days later you will have 64. And so on.

It's clear that in a couple of weeks your case count will be about half of what it was and it will keep dropping.

So our esteemed public health "experts" know they're full of crap. They've known it since this started. Indeed, that was the premise of "15 days to slow the spread"; the case count, had it worked, would have dropped by half in those 15 days.

It did not.

In other words in March these so-called experts knew they were wrong.

Everything since then has been a lie
    And then it talks about Ivermectin. Read it.

Per the flu:

as we all know the flu vaccine is only partially effective, because we don’t know what strain of the flu will be circulating that year.

so, sometimes one flu virus is prevalent over another flu virus.

is it not, therefore, plausible, that the prevalent virus circulating right now is SARS-COV-2, in lieu of some vast conspiracy to, well whatever it is “they” are conspiring to do?

ie there is actually a natural reason for the flu being mia this year.

of course, our vast human arrogance wants to believe we have full control over these things, hence the masks, social distancing, lockdowns etc., which don’t really seem to have any impact on preventing viruses from doing what viruses have done, and will always do.

So you're saying that COVID-19 is the flu?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I don’t have the horsepower to know what is correct or incorrect in your referenced article. I do have sufficient skill to follow the logic of the argument. In this case the logic is strong. It is compelling.

The garbage we’ve been getting from the mainstream, health officials, local governments, favored experts, has never passed the test of logically compelling. My claim is that we have never been presented with anything stronger than “better safe than sorry”. Furthermore, an argument that uses flawed and inconsistent terms (eg not making a distinction between deaths with and deaths from) is a fatally flawed argument.

As a side note , when our leadership is caught not following their own rules, we all scream hypocrisy. I do not believe they are being hypocritical, they KNOW they are lying to begin with. It’s a subtle difference but more evil.

So you're saying that COVID-19 is the flu?
    As I stated previously:

Per covid:

Currently worse than the flu, probably not over the long run, definitely not equivalent to the government's response, should have dumped "stimulus" money to shore up health care, but it probably would have just been misappropriated any way like it always is.
    geez Mark, you’re starting to make me think you don’t actually read what is posted in this thread.

the ifrs for over the age of 20 appear to be worse than seasonal flu. over time, as covid becomes endemic, i suspect the mortality impact will stabilize and ifrs will be more in line with other seasonal viruses. is this not what happened to the 1918 h1n1a? and amazingly enough without a vaccine?

please don’t tell me you still don’t know someone who has been hospitalized or died (with or from), or have not talked to health care professionals who have never in the last (many) years had an icu full of flu patients, but have recently had icus full of covid patients (with or from).

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And then it talks about Ivermectin. Read it.
    I love the market ticker guy, as untrained as he is in medicine (remember to respect authority and wear your mask, it probably doesn't do any harm).
    Anyway, I have a nagging suspicion that the Great Covid Crisis will finish as a quiet animal farm kind of scenario. You know how when you take your dog to get its shots for rabies and shit, you get a de-worming pill, just in case. At leat you do where I live. Sometime in 2021 people getting vaccinated for the novel coronavirus will be offered a pill of Ivermectin, because why not. This will kill the bug once and for all. The highly effective vaccine, not the pill, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    I don't buy this on any grand scale. Most will fold almost immediately and while there may be a small percentage that turn to domestic terrorism, that is unavoidable anyway. You think that they are going to genuinely just let half the country peacefully coexist? There is already plenty of talk about how they plan to deal with anyone who supported Trump. And that's not to mention other crimes, like being white or masculine or successful.

They will almost certainly be doing it Biden presidency, but in larger numbers. They will likely have official help too. Just look how mayor have totally let people go without charges so far.

Then there's the folks who wind up not having enough patience with the Sniffer and the Sucker who start things up 6 month in and turn on the folks who are not Red enough.

There's going to be more violence. Facing these fucks sooner than latter is certainly the better option in my opinion.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this SHOULDN'T come to a fight. I think we are getting to the point that it's going to have to. But I still don't want it to. I still want there to be some way out that isn't either a civil war or bending the knee to the multiheaded monster that has entwined itself around the inner workings of this country. I think we need to be realistic about what civil war will be. It will not be easy or quick. It's very likely innocent people will end up being killed by combatants on both sides (assuming there are even only two sides that manifest when shit hits the fan). This isn't going to just be a matter of the conservative alpha males giving ANTIFA wedgies and going home to drink and laugh about it. They will realize straight fighting isn't their thing, and when they do they will happily find ways to kill people without direct confrontation. Bombs will be places. Homes will be burned in the night.

Quote Originally Posted by wiigelec View Post
    geez Mark, you’re starting to make me think you don’t actually read what is posted in this thread.

the ifrs for over the age of 20 appear to be worse than seasonal flu. over time, as covid becomes endemic, i suspect the mortality impact will stabilize and ifrs will be more in line with other seasonal viruses. is this not what happened to the 1918 h1n1a? and amazingly enough without a vaccine?
    Help me understand your position on this part:
    But notice what's not "raging" -- the flu. In fact, Covid-19 has apparently vanquished the flu, consuming it. Indeed, since September only 666 cases of the flu have been recorded anywhere in the United States and just slightly more than one instance per state last week.
    I honestly don't know what you're saying.

please don’t tell me you still don’t know someone who has been hospitalized or died (with or from), or have not talked to health care professionals who have never in the last (many) years had an icu full of flu patients, but have recently had icus full of covid patients (with or from).
    I've heard stories in the Media about "near-capacity ICUs". But since it's in the MSM, and since hospital administrators like their ICUs to run at near-capacity, it's not interesting. I do not personally know anyone who has died from COVID-19. I personally know people whose elderly relatives -- despite being in isolation from anyone without a mask and gloves for the past 8 months -- have died from pneumonia (like people in their 80s are wont to do) while having recently tested positive for COVID-19 with an undisclosed cycle threshold. I also personally know 8 people who were tested positive last week in various stages of malaise, who were treated with Ivermectin and doxycycline, and who were all back at work with no symptoms, within 3 days.

Help me understand your position on this part:

yada yada yada

I honestly don't know what you're saying.
    Vaccine Effectiveness: How Well Do the Flu Vaccines Work? | CDC
    At least two factors play an important role in determining the likelihood that flu vaccine will protect a person from flu illness: 1) characteristics of the person being vaccinated (such as their age and health), and 2) the similarity or “match” between the flu viruses the flu vaccine is designed to protect against and the flu viruses spreading in the community. During years when the flu vaccine is not well matched to circulating influenza viruses, it is possible that little or no benefit from flu vaccination may be observed.
    i don’t know the epidemiological mechanisms that determine which flu variant is dominant in a given season. maybe they get into the nose and have a knock-down-dragout-winner-take-all virus fight. i’m just wondering if the same mechanisms are allowing the sars virus to have dominance over the flu virus.

I've heard stories in the Media about "near-capacity ICUs". But since it's in the MSM, and since hospital administrators like their ICUs to run at near-capacity, it's not interesting.
    i don’t need to look to the mainstream media for this; my wife is a healthcare professional with many other healthcare professional friends and colleagues. they have never seen an icu full of patients with the same diagnosis (with or from) in their 20+ years in the sector.

i would suggest reaching out to some local critical care staff, if possible, to see if you can learn for yourself what is actually happening to real live people who are being affected.

fuck the msm.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    I didn't see it as you talking about us, but I don't see what the lemmings you brought up have to do with us or the many like us who would fight if actually faced with these pussies who riot.
    Oh dearie me. It appears in all this froth whipping around you've missed your Mark here. I was the one talking about lemmings, not Rippetoe.

You're welcome for the fetchin' up free of charge from a Boomer.