starting strength gym
Page 944 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 444844894934942943944945946954994104414441944 ... LastLast
Results 9,431 to 9,440 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I don’t know medical science. I am hypersensitive to monitoring of oxygen levels in the workplace as I have been involved in near fatalities as well as regulatory blind compliance.

In any case, normal O2 partial pressure is 20.9% and OSHA alarms trigger at 19.5% (hazardous) and 16% is dangerous for human life.

Oxygen Depletion Alarm: Monitoring Oxygen Deficiency in Enclosed Spaces
    | CO2Meter.com

Furthermore, human processing of O2 has many complicated factors which I do not understand.

Partial pressure of oxygen in the human body: a general review

In any case for those who know more (or care more), it seems plausible that wearing a mask, especially during rapidly changing conditions like doing a heavy set, might be a health hazard.

I do not wear a mask when I lift.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Personally, I am not concerned too much with masks’ impact on O2 but I am annoyed with how they [subjectively] make me feel (mentally and physically.)
    My absolute favorite part of the medial-establishment-at-large shock at the anti-mask hysteria is the simple fact that not wearing masks entails precisely zero risk to public or personal health. Masks have zero efficacy in preventing Covid or any transmittable disease, as documented in the medical literature to which they like to refer to support their arguments, yet the plebs just will not shut up and accept the mask mandates without bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    ...Anyone who confuses chronic stress and acute exercise is, well, confused.
    That is exactly the issue.

We are eliciting an abnormal physiological response; You could argue that high altitude simulates lower external oxygen levels or that exercise simulates increased cardiovascular stress & CO2 handling, but there is no normal human activity that simulates the set of parameters we see with with daily mask-wearing.

No, those "high altitude simulation masks" you see the trendy fitness gurus wearing do not actually simulate high altitude training in any way. It was in fact bullshit, just like you thought.

Looking at this again: WHO Deletes Naturally Acquired Immunity from Its Website – AIER

Don't fail to appreciate what's been done here. This is amazing, like altering the gravitational constant because the political climate demands it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    NIOSH conducted your study. 3.5 miles per hour approximates the chronic load of daily activity - akin to pushing a grocery cart or walking a dog. In this context, a population-wide elevation of 10 BPM is huge. That is on par with the seasonal fluctuation of cardiovascular parameters, which drive much of the seasonal change in mortality.

Anyone who confuses chronic stress and acute exercise is, well, confused.
    I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that the subjects in the study who had HR of about 110 while walking would consider that moderate exertion, and they did rate it about 10/20 on an RPE scale, so I considered that they felt like they were doing some effort. I doubt this group is at 110 while resting. If that’s the case, this is a pretty unrepresentative sample and we shouldn’t look at their HR.

Anyone who confuses statistical significance with clinical significance is, well, confused.

Quote Originally Posted by newguyray View Post
    We can simply say that science and reason have been removed from the case for why masks work and they have been replaced with a religious debate between the believer and the non-believers.
    Newguyray, thanks for your reply, but I was referring less to science being removed from the muzzle debate, and more to how the science of how effective masks are, or how dangerous they are or aren't, is pointless to discuss without clearly defining the goalposts for all of these (IMHO, futile and pointless) policies.

Sully has a bunch of recent posts demonstrating the futility of discussing muzzle sCiEnCe:

WHO CARES how effective the masks are at restraining aerosol droplets, if you haven't defined how much transmission you wish to limit, or, beyond that, WHY transmission limitation is even a desirable goal (....for a virus with such a YUGE survival rate).

Likewise, WHO CARES if the masks actually don't reduce O2 levels, or aren't otherwise dangerous, if it hasn't been established why wearing them is desirable, or if the intended effect of them (reducing transmission in the short term, a wholly futile effort from 30,000 feet up) is even desirable or necessary.

All the other measures, such as social distancing which Bmueller loves, or forced distance education, which maybe all the well-to-do former New Yorkers also love, also implode without disproving their scientific worth, when considering that their NEED and INTENDED GOALS have not been satisfactorily defined.

On masks, I'm taking a similar position to Rip's straightforward CoVid death rate indicator:

Irregardless of the science, of the provable effectiveness or dangerousness of the given measure, HOW LONG do you expect us to need to comply with your restriction!?

What is the CoVid Restriction Expiration Date?

If your timeline for limiting our liberty isn't reasonable, I don't care about the sCiEnCe: my family and I ain't complying.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    Glad to entertain. It's not really disdain as much as natural smart-assery. I do, though, have disdain for people who don't know better acting as if they do, and people who should know better acting as if they don't.

I'm just glad everyone is making me feel at home where I can be myself instead of having to be professional all the time.
    You left out one population. Those that DO know better acting as if they do.

The state rests.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Looking at this again: WHO Deletes Naturally Acquired Immunity from Its Website – AIER

Don't fail to appreciate what's been done here. This is amazing, like altering the gravitational constant because the political climate demands it.
    Another example of this "responsible" approach to curating information. We want people to get the vaccine, so we heavy-handedly remove any information that suggests they may not need to. This will make them do what we want. Except it doesn't. It only leads to continuing breakdown in trust of institutions. And with that, comes the grifters sliding in to tell anyone what they want to hear since the institutions can no longer be trusted. They are fucking breaking everything and pretending it's a brilliant idea. These idiots think they are stopping the spread of disinformation with this dystopian approach but they are actually creating more dry wood for the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    All the other measures, such as social distancing which Bmueller loves, or forced distance education, which maybe all the well-to-do former New Yorkers also love, also implode without disproving their scientific worth, when considering that their NEED and INTENDED GOALS have not been satisfactorily defined.

My apologies to BMueller, as upon further reflection I think it was actually Sully who prefers the social distancing, grasping it as a mitigating factor that determines whether a study finds masks to be effective or not.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    but there is no normal human activity that simulates the set of parameters we see with with daily mask-wearing.
    but the Chinese dude said they stop the disease! so did the Korean dude!