starting strength gym
Page 945 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 445845895935943944945946947955995104514451945 ... LastLast
Results 9,441 to 9,450 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Looking at this again: WHO Deletes Naturally Acquired Immunity from Its Website – AIER

Don't fail to appreciate what's been done here. This is amazing, like altering the gravitational constant because the political climate demands it.
    Paywall, but I think I've read enough...
    NYT - Fauci explains he lies for our own good
    Dr. Anthony Fauci has been slowly but deliberately moving the goal posts on when herd immunity is possible. He is doing so, he said, partly based on new science, and partly on his gut feeling that the U.S. is finally ready to hear what he really thinks.

Scientists initially estimated that 60 to 70 percent of the population needed to acquire resistance to the coronavirus to banish it. Now Dr. Anthony Fauci and others are quietly shifting that number upward.

Looking at this again: WHO Deletes Naturally Acquired Immunity from Its Website – AIER

Don't fail to appreciate what's been done here. This is amazing, like altering the gravitational constant because the political climate demands it.
    I mean at this point we should be talking about aliens, which are far more plausible to explain than anything else that has gone on for the past six months.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    You left out one population. Those that DO know better acting as if they do.

The state rests.
    Nope, I have no problem with people acting as if they know what they know and know that they don’t know what they don’t know. Not an omission at all.

Gravity is an interesting metaphor. The media is telling people that if they don't wear bike helmets they'll die from the next asteroid strike. In fact, if you don't wear your bike helmet you'll increase the chance of an asteroid strike, and that puts everyone at danger. Especially fat people... because they're bigger and more likely to get hit by asteroids, you know. Here's an easy infographic I got on Facebook that's Science that shows that. Oh, and don't you dare come out of your sky distancing cave until the Governor says it's okay. We have to be asteroid death free for a few hundred years to be sure there won't be anymore beyond that.

Meanwhile, all of these people who don't understand anything are listening to Neil D. Tyson and Bill Nye talk on TV about how you TOTALLY need to wear the bike helmet IN the cave, and Newtonian physics are bullshit because Newton was an old white guy. They're Scientists. The fucking KNOW shit like this, man.

The people being whipped for standing caveless and with bare heads are the astrophysicists and planetary scientists screaming around their gags about how gravity isn't a force, but a conjunction of space-time warping around mass. You can almost hear their desperate muffled pleadings of how that's not the important factor around what drives asteroid deaths, anyway. Which is perfectly OK... because the WHO has changed some things, and they have partnered with the CDC in releasing their findings based off of Chinese models that wearing bike helmets in underground caves will have absolutely no short or long term health, social or economic effects.

Merry Christmas. I'm going to go wrap presents before this buzz really sets in...

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    No, what we need is a second one.
    Perhaps a secessionist movement?

Dear Rip,

Happy Christmas to you and all at Starting Strength. Another brilliant podcast this morning, very much enjoyed after my AM deadlift session and pre-Xmas food gorging!

I got asked this question last night and the answer I gave made me feel like a rank hypocrite - but an honest one I guess. I hold human nature in lower regard than most people but I think it’s a realistic assessment - humans are by nature hypocrites to a greater or lesser degree. So I accept with gritted teeth and swallow hard some of my hypocritical behaviour in certain situations, foul tasting though it is and I try to minimise it. I would be interested to hear your answer to the same question:

If the current (silly) government measures taken to tackle Covid-19 saved the life of the one person you loved most (eg. Mom, nephew, Steph, a past University lecturer) who happened to be in one of the most vulnerable demographics at maximum risk of Covid-19 death eg. auto-immune disorder, would you be willing to allow these measures to stay in place regardless of the consequences to everybody else - yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Paywall, but I think I've read enough...
    NYT - Fauci explains he lies for our own good
    It's almost as though he's really REALLY interested in your getting the vaccine. I wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin UK View Post
    If the current (silly) government measures taken to tackle Covid-19 saved the life of the one person you loved most (eg. Mom, nephew, Steph, a past University lecturer) who happened to be in one of the most vulnerable demographics at maximum risk of Covid-19 death eg. auto-immune disorder, would you be willing to allow these measures to stay in place regardless of the consequences to everybody else - yes or no?
    An excellent question, since the only believable answer to it is Yes. However, I am quite close to 65, getting into the COVID death neighborhood, and I don't own a mask. That might tell you something, along with the fact that anyone I know in the vulnerable demographics can be protected without the "help" of the government. And my way doesn't destroy anyone else's business, mental health, or will to live.

__________________________________________________ ______

From the Greatest City In The World:

Cuomo staffer hit in head with cinder block during random NYC attack

NY Woman Faces 25 Years on Gun Charges for Possessing Props, Toys — WTF??? - GunsAmerica Digest

Look at these fucking clowns (this will offend Hurling): https://twitter.com/NYPD112Pct/statu...117697/photo/1

An excellent question, since the only believable answer to it is Yes. However, I am quite close to 65, getting into the COVID death neighborhood, and I don't own a mask. That might tell you something, along with the fact that anyone I know in the vulnerable demographics can be protected without the "help" of the government. And my way doesn't destroy anyone else's business, mental health, or will to live.[/url]
    What would be your response be if it turned out you were the one this individual contracted it (COVID-19) from? Although your symptoms were mild, you will have taken away everything that person had including their business, mental health, and life?

It's almost as though he's really REALLY interested in your getting the vaccine. I wonder why.

An excellent question, since the only believable answer to it is Yes. However, I am quite close to 65, getting into the COVID death neighborhood, and I don't own a mask. That might tell you something, along with the fact that anyone I know in the vulnerable demographics can be protected without the "help" of the government. And my way doesn't destroy anyone else's business, mental health, or will to live.

__________________________________________________ ______

From the Greatest City In The World:

Cuomo staffer hit in head with cinder block during random NYC attack

NY Woman Faces 25 Years on Gun Charges for Possessing Props, Toys — WTF??? - GunsAmerica Digest

Look at these fucking clowns (this will offend Hurling): https://twitter.com/NYPD112Pct/statu...117697/photo/1
    I can't imagine why it would. Those guys clearly have their heads up their asses just for expending any effort on that stupid bust. Then posing for a photo being proud of what they did? It's beyond dumb.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeJenkins View Post
    What would be your response be if it turned out you were the one this individual contracted it (COVID-19) from? Although your symptoms were mild, you will have taken away everything that person had including their business, mental health, and life?
    Which individual, dearie? The one I can protect without the help of the government?