starting strength gym
Page 946 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 446846896936944945946947948956996104614461946 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,460 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeJenkins View Post
    What would be your response be if it turned out you were the one this individual contracted it (COVID-19) from? Although your symptoms were mild, you will have taken away everything that person had including their business, mental health, and life?

You do understand that yours is an argument of infinite regress? Don’t you?

She doesn't know what that means. But really, neither do I. She built a straw man, not very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    She doesn't know what that means.
    Tell her our response to COVID is like the Russian fable “Stone Soup” .

What would be your response be if it turned out you were the one this individual contracted it (COVID-19) from? Although your symptoms were mild, you will have taken away everything that person had including their business, mental health, and life?
    My response would be "it sucks to be that person". People die every day from diseases contracted from others. Moreover, everyone dies; no one gets out of this life alive.

If I have the flu and I pass it to you via particles moving through the air due to a sneeze and then you die due to complications from your flu infection, should I feel guilty?

Or is it your fault you died because you didn't have the foresight to stay home during the flu season?

Or is it shit happens sometimes to people in spite of their best efforts?

Which individual, dearie? The one I can protect without the help of the government?
    This is what bothers me the most. I floored people at work last week when I told them that I was having a quiet holidays to avoid any interaction with others to protect our office from Covid. Again, they think because I actually think the virus is fake that I am willing to take unnecessary and undue risk. This hits a deeper problem in our society, where the thought process is that if you say the right thing you can do whatever you want without repercussions. The tail is wagging the dog. I went for broke in March and April to tell everyone that this thing was fake and no one listened. Ok... I can wear a mask, that's fine by me. I don't have kids getting f'd over by this psyop it doesn't bother me one iota.

I even went to a new town to start work and they glared at me FOR wearing a mask, because that's not what's done down there. But this is wrong, change the rules or follow the rules. There's no productivity creating a Jets vs Sharks gang mentality. If you make stupid rules, sure I'll follow them, I don't care whatever. My job is not to be a martyr, my job is to make money and there is no way I'm endangering my co-workers with a corona virus snaifu. Same to someone who thinks that Mark Rippetoe is endangering people he loves by opening his business. Do you have a COLLEGE DEGREE in biology? Do you remember everything written in you freshman biology text book? If your answer was "no" to either of those questions than Mark Rippetoe is far more qualified to save the lives of people he cares about than you are. At the end of your day, your good intentions, your hopes, and your dreams don't mean anything to cold hard facts that smart people are better than you, simple as

Quote Originally Posted by franklie View Post
    My response would be "it sucks to be that person". People die every day from diseases contracted from others. Moreover, everyone dies; no one gets out of this life alive.

If I have the flu and I pass it to you via particles moving through the air due to a sneeze and then you die due to complications from your flu infection, should I feel guilty?

Or is it your fault you died because you didn't have the foresight to stay home during the flu season?

Or is it shit happens sometimes to people in spite of their best efforts?
    So your response to a situation that you caused someone else's death unnecessarily because you refused to to take part in minimal preventative measures and took unnecessary risks would be that it's ok because "people die every day". I highly doubt that if your mother, father, sibling, wife, child, close friend, etc. contracted a disease from you that could have been prevented by taking minimal preventative measures (e.g. wearing a mask) that you would have this point of view. I'm not saying your point of view is invalid or incorrect, but let's extend this towards other areas of life. Let's say you are driving in your car with your family/friend in the passenger seat and caused an accident, you survived but your family or friend died or was seriously hurt. Would you state, that sucks but people die in car accidents every day? What if someone else caused the accident while driving another car, would you have the same nonchalant attitude? Bringing things back to COVID, there was a wedding in Maine that ended up turning into a super spreader event and was linked to 7 deaths. I guess if that was an event you were holding your response would be "c'est la vie", at least they didn't have to wear a mask. At least Robin (whose post I was previously referencing) was on some level able to question and seemed self-aware of his own hypocrisy.

Anyway, back to addressing Mark. I hope you all decide to huddle together, maskless during the upcoming SS seminars inviting folk from all across the country to hop on an airplanes and traverse the country, all while neglecting basic preventative measures. Might I recommend that your next seminar be held on a cruise ship? Perhaps while at sea you can write up a well-informed piece for PJ media about how learning to squat will clear up the lungs from COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Gravity is an interesting metaphor. The media is telling people that if they don't wear bike helmets they'll die from the next asteroid strike. In fact, if you don't wear your bike helmet you'll increase the chance of an asteroid strike, and that puts everyone at danger. Especially fat people... because they're bigger and more likely to get hit by asteroids, you know. Here's an easy infographic I got on Facebook that's Science that shows that. Oh, and don't you dare come out of your sky distancing cave until the Governor says it's okay. We have to be asteroid death free for a few hundred years to be sure there won't be anymore beyond that.

Meanwhile, all of these people who don't understand anything are listening to Neil D. Tyson and Bill Nye talk on TV about how you TOTALLY need to wear the bike helmet IN the cave, and Newtonian physics are bullshit because Newton was an old white guy. They're Scientists. The fucking KNOW shit like this, man.

The people being whipped for standing caveless and with bare heads are the astrophysicists and planetary scientists screaming around their gags about how gravity isn't a force, but a conjunction of space-time warping around mass. You can almost hear their desperate muffled pleadings of how that's not the important factor around what drives asteroid deaths, anyway. Which is perfectly OK... because the WHO has changed some things, and they have partnered with the CDC in releasing their findings based off of Chinese models that wearing bike helmets in underground caves will have absolutely no short or long term health, social or economic effects.

Merry Christmas. I'm going to go wrap presents before this buzz really sets in...
    Some say a comet will fall from the sky.
    Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
    Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still.
    Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.

Some say the end is near.
    Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
    I certainly hope we will 'cause
    I sure could use a vacation from this

Stupid shit, Silly shit, stupid shit...

I hope you all decide to huddle together, maskless during the upcoming SS seminars inviting folk from all across the country to hop on an airplanes and traverse the country, all while neglecting basic preventative measures.
    That's already happened, about 5 times this year. You haven't heard the reports? Seen the obituaries? Wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Perhaps a secessionist movement?
    There's a lot of people who are already there. We are getting to the point where if enough of them live close enough to band together ugly things are going to start happening. Shit like what just happened in Nashville are likely to continue popping up here and there. Might even see people get shot on the 6th in DC.

starting strength coach development program
    That's already happened, about 5 times this year. You haven't heard the reports? Seen the obituaries? Wonder why?
    SSSSS-"Starting Strength Super Spreader Seminar"