starting strength gym
Page 951 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 4518519019419499509519529539611001105114511951 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,510 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I’ve asked this of one of the other trolls, but have yet to get a satisfactory answer:

“Who joins a strength training message board just to argue about politics?”

Quote Originally Posted by LeeJenkins View Post
    I am apparently merely a female with an IQ of 105, which I am not really sure how either of those things are insults.
    Nobody stated them as insults. Just facts. Like the inevitable spread of germs between humans, or death.

But you once again demonstrate both that you cannot help but impute bad intent and think too much of your unfounded opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Man, I know this is impossible, but can you imagine if this thing ended up with all the crazies locked up in their homes forever? We could all pretend the rest of the world was doing that, get actors to play androids when taking care of their electricity, running water and shit, stage newscasts about a sudden technological revolution that had made the need for any kind of human contact redundant. It would probably cost quite a bit of money, but just imagine a world in which you would never have to physically come into contact with them? Fuck, maybe it wouldn't even cost anything, maybe we could make money out of it, follow them as part of a reality show, the tech guys could make a lot of it happen profitably.
    I work for a dude that's only left his house twice in the last nine months due to corona-hysteria. It's surreal talking to this man. He gets his information entirely from the television. People like him and our mutual friend Lee are the 21st century equivalent of tinfoil hat/chem trail people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    New policy: This is an echo chamber. Anybody who disagrees is assumed to be a troll, like Brono Lawrence/Lee Jenkins. Sorry.
    This isn't an echo chamber. It's a spot for people who realize that covid is a minor issue that's been amplified to hysterical proportions who are analyzing and discussing what the most recent data is. Trolls like Lee try to derail legitimate conversations because they need some way to vent their frustration at the increasing lack of compliance in society.

I walked into three stores today without a mask and didn't get lip from anyone (in Wisconsin), but I got some amazing glares from 50+ year old women trying to shame-stare me into compliance. These are the kind of people who go home and start rage posting on the internet because they saw someone not wearing a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    An elevation of 30 BPM (from 80 to 110) is expected in daily, non-exercise activity - such as walking. An additional population-wide tax of 10 BPM is definitely clinically significant.

To quantify this, look to seasonal fluctuation of mortality. It is not solely due to fast viral replication in moderate temperature - there are independent pathways which may be even more significant. In particular, the sympathetic nervous system is chronically stressed by the burden of thermal regulation - and perhaps seasonal changes in diet, activity, sunlight exposure, etc. The additional stress displays in SNS-related indices, particularly blood pressure, as well as the easier-to-measure heart rate:

These mean curves coincide with mortality at North American latitudes - and indeed have much less range than your supposedly insignificant 10 BPM.

To be clear, I don't think mask mandates are dangerous in this regard -- simply because, in practice, masks get pulled before the slightest provocation to heart rate. Also clear: you aren't familiar with thresholds of harm in the context of public health.
    I think there are some significant leaps you are making here. Increased mortality in cold weather is related to multiple things, and elevated HR seems to be a marker. To then assume that something else that also causes elevated HR, that is unrelated to temperature, will similarly cause an increase in mortality, is conjecture. It may be true, but can't be concluded. And since the elevated HR itself is unlikely to be a major driver of mortality, given the average cold-weather increase of 2BPM that you posted (sorry if your articles have other #s, I am just looking at your graphs here and taking at face value), I think there is a fair reason to doubt the causal relationship.

It is true that I am not a public health expert or epidemiologist. I really have no idea what the best way to handle COVID is, on a population level, which is why I don't opine much on politics around here. In my work I don't look at groups of subjects, I see individual patients. You may see people more as data points. I'm being judgmental when I say that: you might also say that you see the forest, I see trees. Rip has in fact told me to think of the "big picture" once or twice. I see that, but I would also say that I think seeing a forest doesn't help much if you don't understand trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    I’ve asked this of one of the other trolls, but have yet to get a satisfactory answer:

“Who joins a strength training message board just to argue about politics?”
    The same type of person who complains about AT&T with an RV full of explosives.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    cavalier risk of getting creation started.
    I must say, I agree with the authors who point to the mistaken lunacy of getting creation started. I sincerely hope we will all return to an unsaid billions of years of non-existence at some point, because this samsara thing is really exhausting.

Exclusive: Gen. Michael Flynn?Will the American Republic Survive? | Pt 2 | American Thought Leaders - YouTube

Dr, Jerome Corsi makes Some interesting points
    Jerome Corsi: "Jerome Corsi - live via Restream.io"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A message sent to me from Dr Vladimir Zev Zelenko

"Hi. Can you do me a favor and tweet about my new website. Home | Vladimir Zev Zelenko M.D.

It has life sharing information. I can’t do it since I got suspended from twitter.

Tyvm."

(Scroll down to see the links to download the many studies on HCQ and Ivermectin)

This is the link to the Frontline COVID-19
    Critical Care Alliance.
    The Proffesors and doctors promoting the Ivermectin protocol
    Home | FLCCC | Frontline COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance

Rip, maybe pass these links on to John Horgan
    I will try to collate some more links later on.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    I work for a dude that's only left his house twice in the last nine months due to corona-hysteria. It's surreal talking to this man. He gets his information entirely from the television. People like him and our mutual friend Lee are the 21st century equivalent of tinfoil hat/chem trail people.
    Interesting. We don't have any of those in my country, at least as far as I know. The loud virtual people on Facebook and stuff, sure, but the general public seems completely unfazed. They closed bars and restaurants a month ago, even instituted some restrictions on gatherings, and the public made a spontaneous spit in the media mouth spectacle on Christmas Eve day, everybody gathered on the streets, bars had opened and were serving drinks, the cops tried to break everything up, but there were far too many people to enforce this. The loonies are ready for a "new wave" of infections now due to the ILLEGAL GATHERINGS, I can't wait for the data to prove them wrong, it should be pretty funny.

I truly feel one answer to 2020 is to simply say “NO” when one feels like it. I have started doing this more and more in my personal life. It was difficult at first, but man has it taken off. I don’t know if this just comes with age, but I tell people “no” all the time now. I think as a society if we told the “Karens” and their supporters “no” more, less of this madness would happen.

The truth is... women are becoming more powerful than man in society. We see this with Incels and MGTOW, increased women numbers in college, bread winners, raising kids, and the fact that we all have to wear mask in public. I’m not hating, but there is a power shift. To get even deeper...Rip suggest physical strength is the most important aspect of life, and it is. However, society falsely believes they have transcended nature and can progress out of our “animalistic” behaviors. That type of living was just a “social construct, and we, the intellectual elite will lead you out of your backward ways, we will start with making you wear this on your face!!” This is precisely why masculinity has been targeted by some women, but also so deeply wanted by many others.

This is one way of looking at... and as we have seen throughout history, bad actors use authority (religion, science, the state, culture, etc) to try and legitimatize/advance their agenda

starting strength coach development program
    An interesting philosophical discussion about covid policy impact on society.
    PANDA's Nick Hudson in conversation with independent Canadian MP, Randy Hillier.
    PandaCast | A Conversation with Randy Hillier - YouTube

BREAKING: Latest forensic AUDIT in
    Savannah GA shows tabulation machines
    were sending election results to CHINA!!

https://twitter.com/nicole_nix_/stat...050400772?s=19