starting strength gym
Page 952 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 4528529029429509519529539549621002105214521952 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,520 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post

The truth is... women are becoming more powerful than man in society.
    As I tell my son, men have had a good 6000yr run. Considering that this experiment will only last a few hundred years, it’s not a bad deal.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    BREAKING: Latest forensic AUDIT in
    Savannah GA shows tabulation machines
    were sending election results to CHINA!!

https://twitter.com/nicole_nix_/stat...050400772?s=19
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1342863964435341312

This is absolutely fucking amazing. The Uniparty spent the last 4 years trying to find a scrap of evidence that Trump was a Russian agent, and that waste of time and money and hatred was perfectly Patriotic. Now, we have hundreds of pieces of actual evidence like this, that in aggregate form an actual body of evidence of massive election fraud, and the courts won't even address the merits of the evidence before throwing them out for "standing" or "laches" or some other bullshit excuse, and shit like this becomes normal:

Duplicitous Mitch McConnell and John Thune want Tommy Tuberville to NOT contest election

And the WaPo publishes PsyOp propaganda like this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...ocaust-denial/

Add this to the boiling rage over the authoritarian takeover of society under the COVID pretense, and you have yourselves an interesting social experiment in progress. It may not turn out the way Bill Gates wants it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Add this to the boiling rage over the authoritarian takeover of society under the COVID pretense, and you have yourselves an interesting social experiment in progress. It may not turn out the way Bill Gates wants it to.
    Really, it feels like they're inviting civil war just to see if we'll attempt it.

It kinda does, Commander: INTENSE: Restaurant Owner BLOCKADES Health Inspector's Car in Protest

Note that the cops are not on our side here, Hurling. They get paid, we don't. They follow orders that fuck us up. This pisses us off, Hurling. The health department bureaucrats are mindlessly following orders that fuck us up. We're tired of this shit. Sides are being chosen. Not one government motherfucker has missed a paycheck, and we're all taking it up the ass. This pisses us off. Shit had better get sorted out soon, or this will not end well.

This is a fascinating discussion led by Joshua Phillips on the early history, foundation and roots of communism.
    When seen through this prism, explains many if not all of the events that we are currently experiencing.
    #31 The Origins of Communism and Its Tactics | China Unscripted - YouTube

Did you watch the whole 2 hours? Help us out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Interesting. We don't have any of those in my country, at least as far as I know. The loud virtual people on Facebook and stuff, sure, but the general public seems completely unfazed. They closed bars and restaurants a month ago, even instituted some restrictions on gatherings, and the public made a spontaneous spit in the media mouth spectacle on Christmas Eve day, everybody gathered on the streets, bars had opened and were serving drinks, the cops tried to break everything up, but there were far too many people to enforce this. The loonies are ready for a "new wave" of infections now due to the ILLEGAL GATHERINGS, I can't wait for the data to prove them wrong, it should be pretty funny.
    The people who trust in masks/lockdowns have no interest in actual data I'm afraid, but I think they're going to be more and more in the minority. My own experience with family gatherings the past few weeks is that we treat the hysterical family members with pity instead of contempt. Grandma can sit quietly at home for Christmas, but the rest of us will go to the cabin and enjoy our annual family reunion. Everyone has to realize in their own time how badly they've been duped. No point souring family ties just because grandma let herself get roped in by the propaganda machine.

Same thing with the masks. I'll wear it for my hysterical clients because that's how I earn my money, but the $7.50-an-hour employee is going to have to make a scene if he wants me to wear one. I haven't had to deal with this yet, but self-checkout and selective hearing makes it easy to get what I want from the grocery store and get out.

Here we go: "I'm done"

^This^ is how we end the Pandemic.

It kinda does, Commander: INTENSE: Restaurant Owner BLOCKADES Health Inspector's Car in Protest

Note that the cops are not on our side here, Hurling. They get paid, we don't. They follow orders that fuck us up. This pisses us off, Hurling. The health department bureaucrats are mindlessly following orders that fuck us up. We're tired of this shit. Sides are being chosen. Not one government motherfucker has missed a paycheck, and we're all taking it up the ass. This pisses us off. Shit had better get sorted out soon, or this will not end well.
    You seem to be mistaking me for someone who thinks the cops are never wrong. Quite the contrary, I have deconstructed a number or badly handled police engagements on this site. But your selective approach to this reality doesn't seem to remember or acknowledge that I did.

In Illinois there are a number of police departments at the state, county, and local levels who have disavowed Gauleiter Pritzker's orders. The Illinois State Police have yet to arrest anyone for non-compliance, most county sheriffs have made written declarations that they will not enforce the governor's nor their county boards' orders, as have county states attorneys who have stated in writing they will not prosecute on such orders.

Altogether, I'm pleased there are still some people in the criminal justice system that have the courage to resist this tyranny.

In other news, our own experience of the Kung Flu:

Covid Timeline

12/12 Powerlifting meet

12/18 First symptoms

12/20 Daughter tests positive

12/21 We test at Walgreens

12/26 Test was positive

12/29 Quarantine ends

Dearly Beloved and I were informed yesterday we tested positive for the Kung Flu. We probably got it at a powerlifting meet I lifted in on Saturday the 12th. On Friday the 18th, after running some errands and arriving home around noon, DB informed me that our daughter was feeling ill. I had felt fine all morning, but a few hours later DB and I started feeling a little woozy too. That evening, I spiked a temperature of 100.4F. Normal for me is upper 97's to mid-98's. The next day our daughter got tested (PCR) and it came back positive last Sunday. We got tested Monday (PCR) and got our results on Saturday.

I'm 70 and she's 65 so we are in the elevated risk category based on age. The symptoms haven't been too bad. She lost her sense of taste and smell over last weekend and is just now getting it back. I never lost mine. We've had some minor coughing and congestion, but the most prevalent symptom is fatigue and some brain fog. We have been sleeping a lot and feel tired most of the time. The fever went down to normal within 24-36 hours. I tried lifting earlier in the week and it was not easy but not devastating using my deload weights. That said, I think I'll give this stuff a few more days to work itself out of my system before I lift again.

Our symptoms are on par with a below average case of the seasonal flu. About three years ago I got a much worse case of the seasonal stuff that messed up my lungs and breathing for a couple of months. So far, nothing like that for any of us.

We isolated in accordance with the guidelines after our daughter was informed she had tested positive, and that has been slightly crazy making. Not a prescription for a festive Christmas. The nice young woman who called us about our positive test said that we will be good to go on the 29th.

I’m not suggesting that our own reaction to getting this virus is typical. But then again, the fear and hysteria that keeps getting ginned up by the media, politicians, and some of the absolutist trolls that keep popping up in this thread needs some leavening and a reality check. The vast majority of the population weathers this illness without dying from it. Even the at-risk populations.

starting strength coach development program
    Powerful and insightful. It demonstrates again that humans will readily do that which is wrong, to protect their own interest. The psychological science of that has been well established.

A second behavior is also present in the current status. Not everyone has been hurt. In fact, some have been enriched. Their pay stayed the same, their free time went up ( time is money) and their expenses went down. Watch out for this set too. For example, why aren’t teachers screaming for vaccines first?