starting strength gym
Page 954 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 4548549049449529539549559569641004105414541954 ... LastLast
Results 9,531 to 9,540 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I stumbled upon starting strength due to a lot of covid free time in april and been doing it since then in home gym.worked out great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It kinda does, Commander: INTENSE: Restaurant Owner BLOCKADES Health Inspector's Car in Protest

Note that the cops are not on our side here, Hurling. They get paid, we don't. They follow orders that fuck us up. This pisses us off, Hurling. The health department bureaucrats are mindlessly following orders that fuck us up. We're tired of this shit. Sides are being chosen. Not one government motherfucker has missed a paycheck, and we're all taking it up the ass. This pisses us off. Shit had better get sorted out soon, or this will not end well.
    Let's not go down this rabbit hole, Rip. There's and endless regression of shit slinging. I'm already seeing it. What about LEOs who don't? Who have quit? Who hang on subtly doing the right thing? Most cops can't even "hit back" on social media because 90%+ have department policies where they get fired for just associating as cops or with their agency. And besides,

Cops, military, veterans, celebrities... average Joe working. They're all just people, man. None are perfect. Only the dead ones can't disappoint you anymore. That goes equally for one's own self. Eyes up, pay attention... to the individual. It's the whole fuckin' point, isn't it?

You're obviously right, David. I just get so fucking pissed at this situation that the broad brush comes out. There have certainly been govt employees laid off, and good cops who ignore stupid rules, and inspectors who look the other way, and people who have quit rather than do the wrong thing. I know some of them. But they're not having any problems finding thugs to enforce tyranny. No government ever has.

Lots of Trump loyalists lost today as President folded within 48 hours. After complaining about Senators being weak. Friday’s optimism becomes Sunday’s disappointment. Looking like January 6 will not be the day we had all hoped for. Losing faith today. Drink your own piss or take the $600. Same thing.

I saw that. It's tough to rely on other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    Lots of Trump loyalists lost today as President folded within 48 hours. After complaining about Senators being weak. Friday’s optimism becomes Sunday’s disappointment. Looking like January 6 will not be the day we had all hoped for. Losing faith today. Drink your own piss or take the $600. Same thing.
    From our frens on ˝ chan…

Trump just invoked the Impoundment of Control Act of 1974

So first off, shills are claiming Trump signed the bill, therefore it is now law. It's not. Trump just invoked the Impoundment of Control Act of 1974, which allows him to send a special message to Congress demanding whatever changes he wants on the bill. The bill is then sent to the House, and they and the Senate have to decide if they're going to draft law to approve his changes, or sit on their ass. Trump just used that to demand $2k checks, cutting out the foreign spending, repealing Section 230, and opening an investigation into voter fraud. See here:

Access Denied

An important number:

ONLY 388 people aged under 60 without underlying health conditions have died of coronavirus in hospitals across England, NHS data shows.

The figure is just 0.8 per cent of all Covid fatalities recorded in English hospitals between April 2 and December 23.

Only 388 people under 60 without underlying health conditions have died of coronavirus in hospitals across England

So shutting down the entire world was clearly the sensible thing to do - NOT!

Breaking — Trump signs Covid relief bill with $600 payments, and loaded with pork… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Methinks this is Trump trying to give Congress another chance to remedy the bill. Not that he or anyone would expect that to happen.

No idea if this was posted. Ioannidis vs Imeprial College. It's a pre-print, but should carry a lot of weight once published.
    Effects of non-pharmaceutical interventions on COVID-19: A Tale of Three Models | medRxiv
    Conclusions
    Inferences on effects of NPIs are non-robust and highly sensitive to model specification. Claimed benefits of lockdown appear grossly exaggerated.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You're obviously right, David. I just get so fucking pissed at this situation that the broad brush comes out. There have certainly been govt employees laid off, and good cops who ignore stupid rules, and inspectors who look the other way, and people who have quit rather than do the wrong thing. I know some of them. But they're not having any problems finding thugs to enforce tyranny. No government ever has.
    Sad, but true. I'm not up your ass either, Rip. I'm probably most guilty of dark thoughts and cold anger. I likely have the least right to be of anyone on this board, and even then I slip a little further every day.

But every day I also see my stubbornness slowly chip away at those around me. Being a little kind lets people listen to you. I was the only one without a mask at Walmart the other day, but I was also the only one who helped an old woman unload her heavy cart.

Nothing I do is special. It's just what we were all raised on in America. Everytime I slip I hope someone reminds me. I'm not smart enough to know how to fix all of these problems, but it's at least a place to start.