starting strength gym
Page 964 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 4648649149549629639649659669741014106414641964 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,640 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Have any of you actually read all three volumes of Das Kapital? I am not even through the first 1000 page volume and don't know how long it will be until I finish it.
    Even though you're not even through with the first volume, isn't it amazing how none of what is written there conforms to your typical "marxist" gibberish? Wait until you get through the other two volumes!

Quote Originally Posted by bwaargh View Post
    ... Marx applied this method to socioeconomic system he lived in to show its flaws and explained possible ways to fix (when certain cretarions are met, which btw still aren't)...
    Is this another version of “real communism hasn’t been tried yet”?

@Matt Jackson. Very well said!

You hit the big points but I would add two which I believe are consistent and defensible within your thesis. They've all been discussed before, perhaps too subtle. Perhaps poorly.

1) Science Fetish: Actually a brilliant political strategy to claim one side denies and the other side embraces. People actually believe this. In any case, going on for a few decades, some set of very marginal scientists as well as the “not really” scientists (social, history, psychology..) have become modelers. Just consider the child who invented “quarantine for all” in the early 2000s, and the incompetent administrators who backed it. Those who can't do science, model science. Lots of job slots for c students and pseudo scientists. Bigger bucks for plasma physicists than social scientists. Why?

2) political correctness. There has been a disproportionate correlation between genius and ethnicity. I don't need to explicitly say what we all observe, do I? Could be cultural could be genetic. I really don't know. But again you’ve nailed it. No harm in letting a C student have the high paying supervisory job. Win win right? What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by markus1 View Post
    Odd thing to say considering US excess mortality rates are significantly up. Clearly it does kill people that the flu otherwise would not have killed.

Holy hell Rip, it'll take some programming inve$tment, but you need to create CoVid CaPCHa codes with questions that must be correctly answered before one is allowed to post in this thread. I took the time to catch myself up when I joined this party at around page 269, but clearly I am an exception. Every dozen pages some infantile claim gets repeated by a more docile member of our society, and who has the patience for that anymore? We could all get that by reading the MSM; you don't have to bring your NewSpeak here, Markus1. And use your real damn names, all you benevolent propaganda pushers, if you believe so strongly in it. How did they get out of using their real names to be ALLOWED to post here in the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Standard leftist response: "Says you!!" "Yo mama!!"

This calls for some nineties-era Yo Mama jokes:

Yo Mama got such stank breath, she wore a mask all day at work and gave herself bacterial pneumonia.

Yo Mama so dumb, she thought a mandate to wear a surgeon's mask to go grocery shopping was an impediment on her liberty as a free, fat woman in 'Murica.

Yo Mama so fat, they had to jab BOTH her fat ass cheeks before she got sick from the Novel Vaccine & died.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Before responding with these generic complaints, could you consider the specific material we're discussing? No, it’s not possible to chronically elevate walking HR by 10 BPM without invoking a slew of concerning cardiovascular and neuroendocrine effects (leaving aside obscure technical interventions). You did miss other markers in the articles - such as mean arterial blood pressure and muscle sympathetic nerve activity. When faced with these chronic stressors, large chunks of the population don't adapt - they suffer or die.

No, we cannot conclude anything from a pilot study. But, its punch line "surgical masks cause healthy, non-smoking ~23-year olds to have 30% increases in HR while walking" would definitely be a red flag for population-scale intervention, in any other circumstance. Yet, you (and many others) obtusely refuse to engage in any realistic cost-benefit accounting for these interventions.

If I recall correctly, your "trees" are psychiatry patients. You've defended masks on a variety of occasions, but haven't said much about the unfolding crisis in mental health and substance abuse.
    I think that the unknown and unconsidered health impacts of long-term mask wearing is worth discussing.

JF, you seem to assume that all the “anti-mask virtue signaling” is all politically motivated, but some of us just don’t feel good wearing the fucking things all day. I wear this goddamn thing for 8-10 hours a day without much more than a 5 minute break to drink a protein shake. I don’t like having my nose and mouth covered — it stresses me out and all of the sudden I have issues at work with breathlessness, anxiety, chest pains and headaches that I’ve never had before. The only relief i get is during my workout when I pull the thing down for my sets or when no whiney liberals are watching. I know my body pretty well and I can feel when something isn’t right, like the daily headache that occurs after the first hour or so of mask wearing.

I also think that kids shouldn’t have to wear this things, not because I’m “virtue signaling,” but because it’s just plain fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Work on your boomerang skills in the meantime.
    If you know anything about boomerangs then you can see a connection with Covid.

What I meant was that the dude wanted to go out with more than just the sound of the "Bang". Maybe he wanted to world to know his name too? He might've thought if I blow up a large city block they'll all know my name? Just my thoughts. I could be wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    I’m reading Duesberg’s Inventing the AIDS Virus; he figures prominently. Once upon a time, he seems to have not been so well regarded by some:

An Open Letter to Dr. Anthony Fauci | The Village Voice

There were projections of millions of people dead. Parents should not touch their children. Society should be severely curbed. Billions upon billions of dollars spent on the first political disease. Turns out, as of the publishing of that book in the late 1990s, it failed to destroy civilization. And what did curb “the spread?” Lifestyle changes among those demographics most affected, something no one wanted to say in the early 1980s.

Wah. Wah wah.

He deserves no sympathy or praise, only mockery

Get over yourself.
    Given Herr Mueller's reflexive deploring of any criticism of Fauci, I wondered, did I miss something back in the 80's about Fauci being gay? Hence, any criticism is automatically a BAD THING. But apparently Fauci is heterosexual, if his marriage to a woman is any indication along with nothing indicating his alternative lifestyle choices cropping up through my Google-fu.

So why all the outrage? There has been plenty of criticism of Fauci and from all possible quarters of the political spectrum. At least when considered since the 80's. Now? He is prepped for canonization. Unless he keeps zig zagging in the event Trump does not prevail.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by BMueller View Post
    This is rather fucking disgusting.
    Absolutely fucking disgusting!

I mean, what kind of asshole deliberately lies about the data on both AIDS and Covid-19 just because they themselves happen to be among the demographics that are overwhelmingly targeted by both viruses?

Certainly not someone whom we should respect as some kind of scientist, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Because he interprets it as an accusation that Fauci is gay, and I guess he thinks being gay is disgusting. Homophobes are found in the oddest places.
    It's kind of sad in this day and age, huh?