starting strength gym
Page 965 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 4658659159559639649659669679751015106514651965 ... LastLast
Results 9,641 to 9,650 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Video Shows Disabled Vet Being Surrounded and Pinned to the Ground for Not Wearing Mask:

Video Shows Disabled Vet Being Surrounded and Pinned to the Ground for Not Wearing Mask | Dan Bongino

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    But apparently Fauci is heterosexual, if his marriage to a woman is any indication along with nothing indicating his alternative lifestyle choices cropping up through my Google-fu.
    Being married, and even having a couple of kids means nothing in that regards. I had a project manager at a company I worked for who finally divorced his wife to go full time gay, but literally nobody with any kind of gaydar would have imagined him to be straight.

The US, contrary to the spin, is still fairly center-right and even more so when Dr. Fussy was just starting to rub the right shoulders and kiss the right asses in order to get a job as a fake scientist, so being a married straight guy was beneficial, if not necessary.

I mean Slick Willy was married to Hitlery. Does anyone actually think she did anything other than run a video camera for Bill's liaisons?

DC is full of deviants. It's almost a prerequisite to working there. But that's not the point. Just that Fussy is a self serving, lying piece of shit who deliberately misrepresents the data in order to serve his pet purposes.

Now let's see his stock portfolio and find out how his returns on PCR test and the new vaccine investments have gone.

Re:Nashville bombing: I don't know if this is complete bogus or if he's onto something: 30th December Update Current News - YouTube

Summary: Basically he's saying - only hypothetically, of course - that the AT&T building (where NSA related activities occur) housed hardware that had incriminating stuff on "bad guys". I'm assuming he talked about Dominion voting machines that might hold proof of people perpetrating the election fraud. The "bad guys" planned on bombing the AT&T building to destroy the incriminating hardware, but the "good guys" learned of that plan and had to act quickly, hence the half-hour long warning and mysterious gunshot sounds to get the local police involved in evacuating the immediate surroundings. The RV, which was loaded with only a fraction of the explosives that was originally planned for by the "bad guys", was then blown up by a "space weapon" (directed energy weapon?) in a controlled manner. He implied that the Nashville bomber, Anthony Warner, was "eliminated" before the explosion and put in the RV.

As for the reason why all that theater was necessary, he also implies that this was a military operation and the military couldn't very well swoop in and seize the machines, but they still needed them intact for later. So, hijack the enemy operation and make it fail, no casualties except for the bomber, hardware still whole, and as an added bonus now all eyes are on that AT&T building in Nashville.

It's probably as good a theory as any. Except for why Warner needed to die. Seems like a step too far just to fool the FBI. Unless Warner was anything but a civilian.

Or it really was just a regular suicide bombing, and the place, timing and weirdness of it was purely coincidental and not related to the election fraud.

Coach Rip,

You might be interested in this discussion... insightful stuff on many of the points you and Horgan debated on.

Jay Bhattacharya on the Pandemic - Russ Roberts | Podcast on Spotify

The crux of what they get at is perhaps that a libertarian approach is the best, yet that doesn’t mean we can’t do sensible things on the policy front (communicate risks to age groups correctly and fully, lots of testing, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Even though you're not even through with the first volume, isn't it amazing how none of what is written there conforms to your typical "marxist" gibberish? Wait until you get through the other two volumes!
    I am reading Stalin by Steven Kotkin. Covers his birth until 1929. The second volume covers 1929 thru 1941.

But wow. Scary parallels of how ideologues can take power. Substitute WW1 in 1919 with COVID in 2020 and you have it. Hysteria, over reaction, zealotry, and of course. enemies of the people.

Your national media at work: Nation’s deadliest domestic terrorist inspiring new generation of hate-filled ‘monsters,’ FBI records show - ABC News

Does the word "hate" actually have a place in an objective news piece?

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    I think that the unknown and unconsidered health impacts of long-term mask wearing is worth discussing.

JF, you seem to assume that all the “anti-mask virtue signaling” is all politically motivated, but some of us just don’t feel good wearing the fucking things all day. I wear this goddamn thing for 8-10 hours a day without much more than a 5 minute break to drink a protein shake. I don’t like having my nose and mouth covered — it stresses me out and all of the sudden I have issues at work with breathlessness, anxiety, chest pains and headaches that I’ve never had before. The only relief i get is during my workout when I pull the thing down for my sets or when no whiney liberals are watching. I know my body pretty well and I can feel when something isn’t right, like the daily headache that occurs after the first hour or so of mask wearing.

I also think that kids shouldn’t have to wear this things, not because I’m “virtue signaling,” but because it’s just plain fucking stupid.
    Many of the “anti-mask” (in quotes because it’s not really as simple as pro- or anti-) people on this thread are pretty reasonable. When I talk about virtue signaling, I’m really thinking of the people who go to Costco, without a mask but knowing the mask is going to be an issue, all geared up to make a point, and have their tirade prepped in advance. I have no patience for people who go to someone else’s place of business for the purpose of grandstanding. If you don’t want to wear a mask but need something at a CVS that requires one, ask someone to run the errand for you, or call the store and have them bring it out. Don’t scream in my ear while I’m trying to fill a prescription and go home.

I don’t relate to the mask problems personally, as I have been wearing one for months now, for most of the workday, without any problems. But that doesn’t mean everyone should have the same experience. I lifted with a mask a few times, when in a gym, and it was fine, but I mostly lift in my garage unmasked. I can see, though, where people would find a mask bothersome during exercise, and given enough distance, the mask offers no benefit there.

It is interesting, though, that the people who are philosophically opposed to mask mandates tend to have more significant symptoms from wearing the mask.

I think that if you’re not in close proximity to someone for more than a few minutes, the masks are not adding any protection (unless that person is coughing at you) and are not worth the annoyance. I’m not convinced of any real physiologic harm from wearing masks, but there certainly could be some rare things that occur more often. We should have heard of that from Asian countries already, though, where mask-wearing has been widely practiced for some time.

I guess the problem is that telling people to use good judgment is unworkable from a public health policy standpoint, because most people are idiots and their judgment is poor. So you have to give extreme and scientifically unjustifiable or at least excessive guidance. Oh well. I’m glad I’m not in charge of this debacle. On that, at least, I’m sure my detractors and I can agree.

At about the 32:45 min mark of this video, a reporter asks Fauci a pretty interesting question:

States that were hotspots just a few weeks ago, states like Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota, and even Colorado, now appear to be leveling off with cases almost in unison. None of those states had uniform restrictions in place, yet they all appear to be doing the same thing at the same time. Is something else going on here that could explain what's going on in these states that goes beyond just restrictions and mitigation efforts?
    Polis, Dr. Fauci provide update on COVID-19 in Colorado

It's always funny listening to doomers (including Dr. Doom himself!) try to answer this question, since they are essentially forced to admit that results are the same regardless of whatever mitigation measures you place on people.

https://twitter.com/Dierenbach/statu...83070656004099

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    Video Shows Disabled Vet Being Surrounded and Pinned to the Ground for Not Wearing Mask:

Video Shows Disabled Vet Being Surrounded and Pinned to the Ground for Not Wearing Mask | Dan Bongino
    Who the heck are these morons? See also the video of the woman getting attacked at the game.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

Does the word "hate" actually have a place in an objective news piece?
    Great question. I will say no. I never understood the ethical difference between pedophilia rape and pedophilia hate rape. That hate crimes have different jurisdictions and legal procedures must be a leftist invention. Up there with de-fund the police.