starting strength gym
Page 969 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 4698699199599679689699709719791019106914691969 ... LastLast
Results 9,681 to 9,690 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Prime lockdown supporter demographic. Early GenXers, which is why they are trying to divert so much heat onto the Boomers, who as far as I can tell don't give a shit about the deadly virus.
    This was aimed precisely at the Boomers. The threatened demographic was firmly in the Boomer bracket. It threatened their good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    This was aimed precisely at the Boomers. The threatened demographic was firmly in the Boomer bracket. It threatened their good time.
    What's RIp's catch phrase - shameful shit, right? The Boomers are supposed to be the ones "at risk" and the Millenials are the "irresponsible ones". So let's fuck up several years of their life, just because we are a bunch of losers afraid of catching the cold. As a late GenXer, I am horribly ashamed of my generation.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    It's just funny to me that people still talk about companies like Walmart and Amazon and free markets in the same breath.
    I'll never understand why people feel negatively about Amazon. I'm both a seller and buyer on Amazon and am quite happy with both.
    As a seller, I sell my products all over the US, which changes my market from a few hundred to many millions. I don't have to pay to list my products, I only pay if I sell and Amazon tells me what I'll pay before I sell. Where as at a craft show, I have to pay up front and if I don't sell anything, I don't get a refund.
    As a buyer, I like Amazon for it's solid customer support; one time I had a flawed product and the seller didn't answer my messages, Amazon stepped in without me asking, and gave me a full refund. No one makes anyone buy from Amazon, we buy from/through Amazon because it works.

On a side, my success with selling on Amazon and Etsy means I can live anywhere in the US and still do business. I've thought abut building a mobile forge and in between playing tourist, stop at road sides, work, and then ship the orders at the next post office.

Here's an interesting resource: MuchAdoAboutCorona.ca - digging for the truth • ending the oppression • preserving our humanity

On which this was found: Flu is killing more people than Covid19, and has been for months – OffGuardian

A report from the UK’s Office of National Statistics (ONS) shows that since at least June 19th, more people in the UK have been dying of influenza than Covid19.

This, of course, is despite the fact that “Covid19 deaths” are incredibly vaguely defined.

Under UK law a person only has to test positive for the Sars-Cov-2 virus at any point in the 28 days prior to their death for “Covid19” to be on their death certificate, a policy which totally ignores the fact the majority of Sars-Cov-2 infections are completely symptomless (and has already resulted in huge over-counts).

Meanwhile boring old influenza is lumbered with having to actually contribute to the death before being added to the death certificate. And nevertheless, for three straight months, the UK has recorded more flu deaths than Covid deaths.
    Lots more ...

Quote Originally Posted by Leify View Post
    Did you even watch the video on that (now deleted) tweet? Or do you just not know what a poll pad is?

The amazing evidence of vulnerablity in the voting system is that they were able to get wifi access to a system used for check-in/validating voter identification at a polling place. A system that can use a network connection among multiple devices (the poll pads) in order to ensure that people can't check in multiple times. Incredible.

You'll also notice how nothing was said about how they either gained access to a voting machine or that any voting machine were on that same network, but they did throw in the dominion company name so gullible fools would immediately start making hare brained connections and screech how it is proof of fraud. And even in a hypothetical where a voting machine were on the same network as a poll pad, being able to log into a network in no way means you have access to any, or all, devices on that network, nor does it mean you actually have any ability to alter the configuration of the network. You could, but system hardening, NIPS/HIPS, etc exist for a reason, and you'll note that that's not the man in the video said, nor has any evidence been provided to indicate that. Hell, if they have unfettered access, they could easily scan an unsecured network and produce a laundry list of vulnerabilities.
    Actually, "logging in" generally does mean you have some kind of access. Logins are the hurdle to get past to get actual access. I don't know the specifics of what pulitzer was talking about with connecting to those machines, or if he "logged in" at all, but the rest of his presentation was what was important. He can scan over mail-in ballots quickly and determine if there are certain types of evidence of fraud. And if you don't think externally accessing and messing with a device that keeps track of who's already voted can be easily used to introduce fraud, you're just not that creative a thinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    I'll never understand why people feel negatively about Amazon.
    I suppose it’s put a lot of people out of business. And, perhaps, they will be the Nth “nation” to develop WMDs. Who’s to say they will be worse stewards than anyone else?

But from where I sit, they’ve made my life better. From obscure hardware and parts for fixing shit yourself (cheaply and quickly) to getting your kids book just in time for his book report, it’s not as good as the local hardware or bookstore, it’s better. By a lot. Sad for sure, but true. Do people still go to GNC to buy whey?

WHO preliminary review confirms Ivermectin effectiveness – Swiss Policy Research
    maybe even sully will approve of this (btw, my covid shot + ivermectin pill just in case scenario is looking more and more likely)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    I'll never understand why people feel negatively about Amazon. I'm both a seller and buyer on Amazon and am quite happy with both.
    Your personal happiness is not really a good metric for evaluating the effects of something with such a large effect on society.

The simple fact that dealing with actual humans on any meaningful level is almost entirely absent from the process is reason enough. Obviously, this isn't limited to Amazon, but online shopping has been good for many people financially so far, but the long term social cost has been horrible. It is one of the primary reasons nobody can imagine, let alone give a fuck, about actual brick and mortar businesses dying from Covid shutdowns.

Ultimately, the inevitable monopoly will make most customers and sellers unhappy with them as they drive down your profit margins (or just drive you out of business altogether) and leave everyone with shitty purchase choices, like Walmart has.

Centralized wealth is at least as bad, if not the same exact thing as centralized government.

Maybe you'll luck out and be the company they use for whatever you're selling now,. Or maybe you'll be reduced to sweeping the floor for minimum wage for the company that does.

starting strength coach development program
    https://twitter.com/PatrickByrne/sta...01287671672832
    Found that interesting. I can understand extra ballots being printed in an election where we expected high turnout but I can't understand shredding of ballots. Fishy as hell.